Tpotts trip to Crete!

Does anyone know the greek for "no chips please"?
Maybe you've learnt this on your liguqphone course by now?

No? Hang on I'll go look it up, lol

κανένα τσιπ
There you go, my little friend. Apparently that says 'no chips'. Just need to work out how to pronounce it!!!!

It's all Greek to me:confused:

Etharisto Nikkie, but I keep forgetting to send my Tesco voucher off to Linguaphone! I'm going to pop to the post office first thing tomorrow!
Kalispera!

Etharisto is thankyou! Kalispera is good afternoon!
Kalimera is good morning! Thats all I know apart from Mousaka and Baclava!
LOL

Hi Guys
5 weeks and 3 days now to go!
In preperation for my hols and bearing in mind I'm finally losing weight, I have bid on a few holiday clothes on ebay! Ive not spent much but I have managed to buy a few bargains!
I have got myself some nice little vest tops, a couple of pairs of shorts, a nice pair of combat trousers and a couple of gypsy skirts! Now I will have to stick to SS or they wont fit! This will keep me on track!

Five weeks and two days to go!
I finally remembered to send off my Tesco clubcard deals vouchers yesterday so I will shortly be recieving my Greek Linguaphone course! I know I wont learn much before I go away this year, but I will at least be able to string a couple of words together and by next year when I go away with hubby I will know a bit more!
I am excitedly awaiting lots of parcels from Ebay with my new smaller holiday clothes! I cant wait till they arrive!
Have a great day!

Hi Tracey,

One of the foods I do love is chips, chips and even more chips...but I am fussy about my chips, I will not eat any old chips...I love home made chips the best of all...

You sound like you pack like I do...where were you going with seven pairs of shoes??? Even for me now that would be a little extreme...

You will have to keep a diary and post on here when you get back as I am sure you are bound to have a great time.

Love Mini xxx

Good Morning All!
Five weeks and 1 day to go now!
Well SS is still going strong and I'm now down to 12stone 13lb, I just want to try and get as much off before my holiday as I possibly can.
Some of my Ebay purchase's arrived yesterday and they are lovely! I cant wait to wear them! Some are still a little snug, but will fit by the time I go away and one or two fit now which means they will be a little too big by the time I go away! I don't mind though, I can always wear a belt! LOL. Last year when I went away, most of my clothes were rather too snugg! I'm not going to have that problem again! LOL.
Mini, I do know what you mean about chips, I do love them! But in Crete they serve them with every single meal and after a few days I get a bit of chip overload and can't face them LOL. I'm going to ask to swap chips for salad instead this year! I'm not going to be very strict with what I eat and drink on holiday, but I'm not going to go completely nuts like I usually do either! I know I will gain weight while I'm away, especially my glycogen, but I'm going to try and limit the damage! Ive got to fit into a rather fitted dress for my companys seminar on the day I return from holiday, so I will have to be a little bit carefull! I don't want to burst out my dress! LOL

Five Weeks to go!
So only five weeks to go and I want to get at least another stone off! I think I will be ok with this target. With a little bit of luck I might even be able to shift a couple of pounds extra, so fingers crossed! LOL.
I really need this holiday, I feel so exhausted lately, what with lack of sleep and with being quite ill for the last 4 months. So I think a week chilling out in the sunshine with a couple of trashy novels will do me the world of good! Not to mention having a nice glass or two of yummy Creten wine LOL :D .

Four weeks and six days to go now! Yippeeee
If I'm this excited now, how am I going to be in a few weeks time? :D :D :D

i love the idea of going on hols with your mum. we did it a few times and had a great time. i must organise something for me and mum next year.

me and hubby are off to Corfu on Monday. got my bag packed, im looking forward to some total relaxation in the sun

ive never been to crete. is it lovey?
we like really quiet places. we dont like tourists lol

x
db

i love the idea of going on hols with your mum. we did it a few times and had a great time. i must organise something for me and mum next year.

me and hubby are off to Corfu on Monday. got my bag packed, im looking forward to some total relaxation in the sun

ive never been to crete. is it lovey?
we like really quiet places. we dont like tourists lol

x
db

Hi
Crete is beautifull I only like to go to quiet places too! The only place on Crete I would avoid is Malia, it is very clubby and full of 18-30's drunks! Although I'm only 38 I prefer to go somewhere I can relax with a nice glass of wine and a good book! Crete has wonderfull beaches, fantastic clear water and beautifull mountains and the locals are really freindly and helpfull!
Have a fantastic time in Corfu and let me know what it's like, Ive always fancied going there!

Four weeks and four days to go I think?
I'm still really excited about my hols and can't wait to pack! I feel I really need to get away to the sun and just chill out. I know my Mum really needs to get away for a nice rest too! She's not in the best of health and she works far too hard, so a week in the sun drinking local wine and eating local food will do her the world of good! It will do me the world of good too!

Thee weeks and six days to go now! I think I have got everything I need for my hols now! I have got lots of bargains off ebay and the sale in New Look! So my case will be packed full of lovely little summer tops and nice linen trousers! All I need is lots of mediteranean sunshine, a nice bottle of wine and a few olives to nibble on! Ahhhhh bliss! :D

Well only 3 weeks to go now! Yippeeeee! Now all Ive got to do is get back on the SS wagon! Ive slipped off again and I want to shift some more weight before I go away! Ive got all my clothes organized and I'm really happy that all my size 12 skirts and trousers fit, but I'm size 14/16 on the top half I'm not worried about that because I will always be bigger on the top! Ive always been busty!
Roll on the 6th of October! I really really need to get away and relax in the sun!

You can do it Tracey...reduce carbs, drink your water and ease into it, it is much easier.

Love Mini xxx

Back