Tpotts trip to Crete!

tpott

Silver Member
Well the title of my thread says it all really! Only six weeks and six days untill I'm sunning myself on Crete! This will be the third time I have been to the island for my hols and I cant wait to return!
I am leaving the kids at home and going off with my lovly and ever so slightly mad Mum!
We always have a giggle together and really enjoy ourselves. We always try to get away for a bit of mother/ daughter bonding once a year.
Last year when we went away I weighed 16stone 9lb! I was so ashamed of how I looked that I wouldn't go into the pool. Not so this year! I weigh 13 stone 10lb now and I want to lose at least another 2 stone by the time I fly out on October 6th! I have been on and off the SS wagon so many times this year that my backside must be black and blue! LOL But hopefully I'm now back on SS untill I go away and hopefully I will get back on SS as soon as I gat back. Then I will continue untill I'm 10 stone!

Last edited:
Hi Tracey,

That is lovely that you and your mum is so close and you know it is highly lightly that you will have the weight off by then if you stick with it, you did it before you can do it again.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Tracey,

That is lovely that you and your mum is so close and you know it is highly lightly that you will have the weight off by then if you stick with it, you did it before you can do it again.

Love Mini xxx

Thankyou Mini
I really really need to stick to it this time. I feel so fed up with my weight gain and I really want to be back in control again. I really hope that this is the last time I have to restart! I think perhaps that this time I'm on the wagon untill the finish!

6 weeks and 4 days to go!

Hi guys
I'm still counting down the days untill my holiday in Sunny Crete!
I was pondering what clothes I will be taking with me, hopefully I will be able to fit into my nice size 12 linen trousers by then! I just hope I have enough weight off in time! It won't be for lack of trying thats for sure!
I'm still going strong although I felt really weak yesterday and tempted to eat, I'm really glad that I didn't give in!
I love going on holiday and the hotel we are staying in is the same we stayed in last year, normally I don't like to revisit the same place and hotel. But It was just so nice last year that Mum and I thought we would go back for a second visit. The hotel is right on the sandy beach, it has a wonderfull pool and lovely shaded gardens. The only thing about the hotel we didn't like was the breakfasts. The hotel mainly caters for the German and Dutch clients and of course that means lots of cold sliced meats, cheese and cold hard boiled egges! Yuk!!! But we don't mind because there are lots of lovely places to go to eat or we can make our own Greek breakfast in our room! Lots of lovely fresh fruit, natural yoghurt and of course lovely Creten honey!
Oh dear Ive started talking about food again! I'm obsessed!
Note to self.... Stop fantasizing about yummy Greek food!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I got my Tesco clubcard vouchers yesterday and I'm going to put some of them towards a Linguaphone course in Greek. Well seeing as this will be my fourth holiday in the Greek Islands and that My DH and I are concidering moving out to Crete in A few years, I thought it would be a good idea to learn the language!
I will let you know how I get on.

Where in Crete are you going to? We went a couple of years ago and I loved it. I would def go back there again

Pip

Hi
I'm staying at a little village called Platanes. It is about 5km from Rethymnon. Platanes is a nice little place, not night clubby at all thank goodness! It's just lots of hotels, tavernas and little shops. I like it because it's nice and laid back and you can just chill out drinking the local wine and glasses of Raki. Most of the Tavernas serve wonderfull food and the locals are really friendly!
Where abouts on Crete do you stay? Is it near Rethymnon/ Chania or down near Malia and Ag Nic? There are so many diffrent aspects to Crete, I think thats why it's so popular. It has a little of something for everyone!

Hi
I'm staying at a little village called Platanes. It is about 5km from Rethymnon. Platanes is a nice little place, not night clubby at all thank goodness! It's just lots of hotels, tavernas and little shops. I like it because it's nice and laid back and you can just chill out drinking the local wine and glasses of Raki. Most of the Tavernas serve wonderfull food and the locals are really friendly!
Where abouts on Crete do you stay? Is it near Rethymnon/ Chania or down near Malia and Ag Nic? There are so many diffrent aspects to Crete, I think thats why it's so popular. It has a little of something for everyone!
We stayed at a place calle Lerapetra... on the south of the island. Did you hear about that guy recently who jumped from a hotel with his kids... that was the hotel we stayed at!

We stayed at a place calle Lerapetra... on the south of the island. Did you hear about that guy recently who jumped from a hotel with his kids... that was the hotel we stayed at!

Yes, it is absolutely horrific. What that poor woman and her little girl must be going through. It is such a waste of a young life! I just don't understand why certain people would rather kill or maim there children, just to punish there partner. It is just awfull beyond words!

Yes, it is absolutely horrific. What that poor woman and her little girl must be going through. It is such a waste of a young life! I just don't understand why certain people would rather kill or maim there children, just to punish there partner. It is just awfull beyond words!
I know... truly awful. And I read that it all happened in front of people getting on coaches to leave the hotel. What an awful image to end your holiday with

Pip

six weeks and 3 days to go!

Well the race is on.... Ive lost 7lb since my restart on Friday, now I'm really hoping I can shift at a whole lot more by the 6th October, also the day I fly home I have big posh works do to go to as well. I just hope I don't gain to much whilst I'm away or I will never fit in my posh dress! It is rather fitted and very unforgiving if you have gained a few pounds!

6 weeks and 2 days to go

Well Now I have two...yes two holidays to look forward too! I'm now all booked up for a girls holiday to Dubai! How exciting is that!!!! Just got to try and save up lots of moeny to pay for it!! We will be going on the 19th of April 07 and I cant wait!

You are going to have an exciting time and all the more resson why you need to finish the weight loss. And I love the idea of going away just you and your mam. My daughter and I went to the wemitts meet together and had a great time and now in September we are going to London for the meet and having a night there. Keep losing those pounds
Irene xx

You are going to have an exciting time and all the more resson why you need to finish the weight loss. And I love the idea of going away just you and your mam. My daughter and I went to the wemitts meet together and had a great time and now in September we are going to London for the meet and having a night there. Keep losing those pounds
Irene xx

Thanks Irene, I really love going away with Mum. We get on really well and always try to go away together once a year. I am determind to stay on CD untill the day I go away, then I want to get back on the SS wagon untill I get to my target of about 10 stone. Getting back on SS will be really hard, but hopefully I will do it! I think that because I have had such a struggle this year restarting my diet and gaining so much weight back, that I have learnt my lesson and will hopefully be determind enough to get to goal. I know that with the help of everyone here on the forum it will make it a lot easier. :D

Five weeks and 6 days to go!
Yesterday I got myself a new trolly case because the old one got badly shredded at athe airport! It came through on the turnstyle after what seemed like hours and there was huge slash's along it! I think it must have got stuck or something? Anyway managed to get a huge trolly case half price in Poundsretcher. It was only £17! What a bargain! It's in my favourite colour too which is red! It is only a cheap case but it's light weight, so I can get more stuff in it. I do over pack dreadfully , but I do love to have an outfit for every possible occasion! Although this year I'm not taking as many shoes! Last year I took seven pairs and I only wore three of them. Pairs that is not shoes LOL.
I'm really looking forward to my hols. I cant wait to get away and just chill out by the pool reading a trashy novel and sipping a nice long drink... Aaaaah bliss LOL.

Five weeks and five days to go now!
I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! I know it's silly to get excited about going on holiday, but it's the thought of escaping the usuall routine and relaxing with my lovely Mum that keeps me going throughout the year. I love traveling and exploring new places, seeing new sites and eating different food! I will try and be a little carefull food wise on holiday this year, I'm not saying I will be good, but I will try not to be too bad either! One problem I always face eating anywhere in Greece is that all the Greek meals come with chips! Now I quite like chips, but not with every meal. It's strange that no matter what greek delicasy I order, right there on the plate along side it is a pile of chips! Do Greeks eat a lot of chips? Or do Greek restaurant owners think that all tourists want to eat chips? It's a bit of a puzzler! Does anyone know the greek for "no chips please"? If so please let me know!

Five weeks and four days to go!
Well I'm still losing weight and I am still really excited about my hols! I'm trying to work out what my weight will hopefully be by the 6th October. It's a bit tricky becuase you can never predidct it tii acuractly because it does vary so much. Last year I lost a stone in my first week then on average lost 5lb a week after that! This time around I lost 10lb in my first week so I'm not sure how much is now going to come off in the next five and a half weeks! I suppose if I assume I will lose about another stone in the next four weeks and maybe another two or three pound in the last week, my weight would be about 11stone 12lb! I think I will aim for this and if any more weight drops off, well that will be a bonus! I'm not going to get hung up on setting goals for myself, becuase if it doesn't happen I will setting myself up for failure and that is to self destructive!

I think that's a very sensible approach. You know you will be smaller, you know you can do it - go for it mate! :cool:

Thanks sweety, I really think Ive got my head round SSing this time around! As you know I have been struggling since before Christmas! LOL.
How was your holiday in Kent? I originally come from Kent
Where abouts did you stay?
I hope you had lots of fun and a nice little rest!
Love

We went to Allhallows holiday park near Rochester. Was lovely to fit in the caravan (2 years ago I wouldn't have got through the door :eek: )

It rained a lot, and some of the language from the kids/other campers was a tad ripe :eek: but I did relax a lot, and come to a lot of decisions.

Giving things another shot, which is scary cos the last time I followed SS I didn't lose anything (my Dr says it's due to the medication I'm on and stress) but I really feel like this is my chance again. Day 3 so here goes!! ;)

We went to Allhallows holiday park near Rochester. Was lovely to fit in the caravan (2 years ago I wouldn't have got through the door :eek: )

It rained a lot, and some of the language from the kids/other campers was a tad ripe :eek: but I did relax a lot, and come to a lot of decisioin

Giving things another shot, which is scary cos the last time I followed SS I didn't lose anything (my Dr says it's due to the
medication I'm on and stress) but I really feel like this is my chance again. Day 3 so here goes!! ;)

Hi DQ
I origionally come from a lovely little Village about 6 miles from Rochester called Burham, it nestles just under the North Downs.
I know what you mean about the bad language, it's getting that way down here in sunny Hastings too!
So glad your back on SS and I really hope it works out well for you this time round!
Have a lovely day and keep glugging the water!

Back