Congratulations xx

Oh and to the OH too! You're both doing so well x

Well done to you both that is fantastic!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay, well done on the loss and award! :D xx

xJoanneJJx said:
Yay, well done on the loss and award! :D xx

Thank you darling!

Well guys today has been a good day. For some reason I am really... Gassy today though. Totally TMI, sorry, but it's so weird! I feel really full and bloated too. Maybe i had too many carbs?

Breakfast - 2 WW HexB bread with 1 laughing cow light and baked beans. No superfree though... Whoops!

Snack - a lovely delicious juicy pear. Omg it was perfect!

Lunch - about 3pm because we were so busy in work. Had an Erin savoury rice (1.5) with an activia yoghurt, and a packet of treble crunch (5).

Snack - alpen light bar (3)

Dinner - massive bowl of homemade vegetable soup to make up for lack of superfree with lunch and breakfast.

Dinner - home-made carbonara made with 1 egg, pasta water, garlic, two tablespoons of parmesan (3) courgette, asparagus, mushrooms, onion and garlic so lots of superfree.

Hexa - milk in tea and about 20g of philadelphia light&1 laughing cow light.
HexB - 2 WW brown bread

Syns- 11.5

Not a bad day but i ate way too much pasta with dinner, haf would have been enough. The crisps were a treat and i thoroughly enjoyed them but i shouldn't have had the alpen bar too.

I think my problem today is definitely too much carbs!!

Still a good day though by technical Slimming World terms.

image-2355036001.jpg gorgeous homemade soup packed with veg.

image-2860652447.jpg

Amazing home-made carbonara. This is one of my favourite dishes at the moment. So tasty!

Tomorrow I have my work Chrismas party so will definitely be going over my syns. My plan is to not count syns but make the best choices I can make. I won't have any healthy extras in the morning, just a free yoghurt and some fruit. I'll have a bit of leigh-weigh then in terms of cheese/dairy and bread. I want to enjoy my meal because it is a VERY posh and fancy restaurant and its all paid for. Hopefully I can enjoy myself but not go absolutely crazy. I have been cravy sweet things so much lately so I might have a dessert and only eat half of something. I'll see what's on offer. The plan is to then have less than 5 syns on Thursday and less than 5 syns on Friday to make up for it.

Looks like this week will be another gym-less week. Its just so cold out and when i finish work i just want to go home and either relax or so the million things i need to get done. I'll be right back to going twice a week when Christmas passes.

Really looking forward to the meal tomorrow now. I think I can enjoy myself, have a lovely meal, and at the same time don't worry too much. Its all about being realistic i think. Might go and have a little look at the menu online to see what mind of options I will have. There will most definitely be wine though!

Thing is, i wouldn't actually enjoy being very naughty. Its not worth it! Definitely going to make good choices :)

I don't blame you for skipping the gym. The commute home alone would put me off as you get in so late, let alone that it's dark and cold out! Well done on having a plan and I hope you enjoy your xmas meal x

I don't blame you for skipping the gym. The commute home alone would put me off as you get in so late, let alone that it's dark and cold out! Well done on having a plan and I hope you enjoy your xmas meal x

Thanks hun. It's just impossible to motivate myself when I am shattered at the end of the day and it's the opposite direction to home. I'll be going back in the New Year for sure. We are also planning on renting near enough to where the gym is so it will be much easier to motivate myself to go when I know home isn't too far away.

The meal was gorgeous, thank you :)

Morning Everyone. Afternoon now I suppose really!

So the world is supposed to end tomorrow. Shall we throw a big party and pig out? :D

The meal last night was GORGEOUS and completely bold. Between yesterday and today there have been many bold things. I just hope that five good days will make up for it. Even a maintain would be great for this week. I'm really going to have to do some hard work to get that though.

Anyway, my meal. The restaurant was SO fancy and the menu was amazing! So much to choose from and I really could not make up my kind for ages.

What I went for in the end was a starter which was made of smoked salmon, dressed crab, cappers, red onion and a tiny little gerkhin/pickle on top. It was AMAZING. So fresh and delicate. It came with warm 'brioche'.

For my main course I got the fishcake. It was gorgeous, but deep fried! It was served with DEEP FRIED potatoes and this amazing tomato sauce/relish. I had no idea it would be so greasy! Yummy, but not diet friendly.

Between the two courses, LOTS of wine, an Irish coffee, and bread and oils on the table it was NOT in any way shape or form a Slimming World friendly meal. But you know what? I really really enjoyed it so no regrets. I was extremely drunk though, omg SO much wine. So when I got home I had a small packet of crisps, a slice of white bread toasted and some cheese. Bold bold bold!!

Today hasn't been much better. I'm in work and unbelievably hungover and all I want to do is eat. I bought these Carr Melt crackers to have with philadelphia and they are 1 syn each. I have eaten at least 10 already, and I want more.

I feel really out of control and I don't like it :( I really really don't want a gain this week but I'm worried I have already ruined the week between yesterday and today. Today will probably end up being around the 20 syn mark which in theory isn't horrific but those 10 syn worth of crackers were consumed in less than 10 minutes. Scary!

DAMAGE LIMITATION PLAN

Having savoury rice for lunch with a yoghurt and some fresh pineapple.
Drink LOTS of water.
Dinner will be something very low and simple because I'm staying in my nannies house so probably egg and beans or something like that. I don't want to eat late.
Tomorrow will have to be an angelic day. As hard as it will be I'm going to have to have about 5 syns. Simple as. In work I'll just stay away from the crackers and some Phily on toast or something instead. I'll probably have savoury rice again for lunch too because I'm not at home tonight to plan anything better.Dinner tomorrow will have to be a 'save the day' dinner such as a big stew with lots of veg or vegetable soup. I think I'll make Onion Bhajis with Salad and lots of tomatoes, peppers etc and then I'll also have loads of vegetable soup. Saturday will be a day of no more than 10 syns. I'd say 5 but I know I'm having a chinese for lunch so that will be about 7 syns and then OH is making a cassarole for dinner which should be free for the most part. Sunday I am bringing my godchild to a panto and we will go for lunch somewhere. Could be Nandos, could be a cafe where I can get a baked potato, either way it will be something around the 10 syn mark and I'll eat free for the rest of the day. When I get home that evening I'll just have soup and drink lots of water. Then weigh-in on Monday morning. Oh please God make it happen!!

I'll be really disappointed if I am up this week. I reeeeally want to keep doing well.

Christmas is hard but last night I just had a bit of a 'ah feck it, it'll be fine' mood and I am regretting it today. I need to stuff myself with fruit and vegetables for the next few days.

Never buying those crackers again... Darn it! Originally I wanted to buy melba toast because you get a whole little packet for 2.5 syns. Instead I've head 12 syns worth of crackers. Grrr!:mad:

Stranger things have happened though, with some extra attention and inner strength I could turn this around and as I said I'd even be happy with maintaining, but even a half pound loss would be so so amazing!

COME ON!!!!

well done Tracey :) you got your stone award on the same day as me, we're SW twins!! just popping on to say happy christmas as I'm prob busy now til the big day with the wee'uns. Santa has to be ready! Have a GREAT christmas - sounds like you're having the day off, just like me!

Thanks so much Bookie. Same to you and yours :) x

Well guys, i am so glad this day is coming to an end and i can draw a line under it. I ended up having about 15 crackers and I'd say i had about 30 syns. So bad. I won't be buying them again. Simple as. When i got back to my nannies hose i was doing bits and bobs for her and at about 9pm i got really hungry. I had a random plate of salad including pickled beetroot and pickled onions etc, and a little pot of baked beans. Bit of superfree to try and make a not so good day a little bit better.

Plans for tomorrow - have my Hex' as normal and have about 5 syns in total. I have to! I also plan to make mushy pea curry which i'm really looking forward to :)

I want a very proactive day tomorrow. I'm working till 3pm and then i'm on my CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS yaaaay! The plan is to so some christmas shopping and get my last minute bits before getting home and cleaning my room including throwing out clothes i don't wear, changing my sheets and organizing all my presents etc. i hope to have all of this done by about 6.30pm and then i'll be having a shower followed by fresh pjs, yummy mushy pea curry and tv in bed. OMG it sounds so perfect, i cannot wait.

Saturday is a say in town with my mam, brothers and stepdad and then staying with my lovely OH that night. I miss him lots this week for some reason. Sunday is my annual godchild day out. I'm taking him to the pantomime starring Jedward. It's in the theatre I used to work in so that will be nice.

Then Monday is Christmas eve, OMG!

I feel like it couldn't be christmas in 5 days. That's insane.

Heading to sleep now, hopefully the world doesn't end tomorrow...

Christmas is HARD. This sudden struggle has really taken me by surprise and I feel a bit out of control.

Things are completely salvageable. I know that! But there is a little part of me that is sort of sulking in a 'well it IS Christmas and why am I the ONLY one who isn't allowed to have cheese on crackers, and chocolates that are in the office'. That little part of me keeps winning the argument lately...

So Wednesday was a right-off. Compeltely and utterly.
Yesterday was kind of a right-off. Had about 20 syns too many and way too many crackers but then I had an OK breakfast, lunch and for dinner I had all free foods. All in all it wasn't absolutely horrifically bad, but in no way the food day that I needed to make up for Wednesday's Circus.

Today is Friday. It's our last day in work and one of my colleagues has bought me a box of Dairy Milk chocolates. I haven't opened mine but one of my colleagues opened hers and I have already had about 4. They would be 2 syns each so that's 8 syns. On top of that we are having 'that' sandwhich again today for lunch. I have to say I am really looking forward to it. It was so tasty and while it was huge and full of syns it was 'healthy' if you know what I mean. The mushy-pea curry I'm making is practically completely free so having that for dinner will be absolutely fine.

So I won't have any more chocolates. That's for sure. The sandwich will be HexB plus syns that I don't have. The cheese can be HexA and there will be syns in the sandwich itself. I'll enjoy it though. I really want to enjoy it!

I've had two pieces of fruit today, the sandwich has superfree in it and I am drinking lots of water. I'll be having the sandwich about 1pm and then dinner probably about 7pm. In terms of snacking it will be fruit only. If I am starving about 5pm I'll have sushi from m&s but I shouldn't be.

I think my plan for the weekend is to loosely follow the plan. I do not have the syns for what I know I'll be eating. Saturday is a lunch out with my family and I will just make as good of a choice as I can. Sunday is the same. I am taking my Godchild out for the day and it will be a lunch out again. I won't eat too late on Sunday night and I'll make sure that throughout the days I drink lots of water, fruit and get as much superfree in as I possibly can. I'll have Healthy extras in whatever way I can and in any way a tweak will serve me.

It has to be this way guys. I thought I could be perfect over Christmas apart from Xmas Day and Stephens Day but it's too hard. I feel like the alternative is to just go off-the-rails which I don't want to do. I need to give myself the lee-way to accomodate the social events that ARE happening and not feel completely crap about it. The snacking on chocolate etc will definitely stop because that's just SUCH a waste. I'd rather enjoy my meals.

So yes. Decision made. I am going to apply the principles of SW to the rest of my week i.e eat lots of fruit and veg, have my healthy extras but I am giving myself some lee-way on the syns. I'm not going to waste them on chocolate etc but I am going to enjoy my meals out, cook healthy ones when I can and be honest with myself.

Surprisingly enough, I now feel MORE in control. And more positive about weigh-in on Monday morning.

I would be so delighted to stay the same on Monday morning. A little teeny loss would be amazing though.

After my insightful post i ended up having a further 4 chocolate followed by 1 slice wholemeal bread with light philadelphia. I am obsessed with the garlic and herb one. That was about 2pm.

At about 5pm i felt so weak walking around the shopping centre and i stopped for this monstrocity of a sandwhich on brown bread with rocket salad, 1 slice cheese, ham and a little colelsaw. I also got a red cabbage salad on the side and a beetroot salad too!

Look at the size of this sandwhich!

image-819055397.jpg

It was embarrassingly big so i ended up only having half the bread and I made more of a salad of it. After this i set off for some much-needed last minute shopping.

I was having a very stressful day so when i seen a few its and bobs i was looking for i felt a lot better but when i went up to pay the giftcard was declined! It was saying there was no money on it even though it was brand new and just given to me from my boss (he gave us all a EUR250 voucher as they are tax free for us and can be used in loads of shops. So nice of him and saving me big time as i'm about EUR200 down in my budget so i was very grateful). So to cut a long story short there is a problem with the card and i got to buy nothing! I didnt use cash because the whole point of the voucher is it is making things better for me as it can be used in shops i need to biy things in. The back of the card said its ready to use within 24 hours of purchase so maybe that's the issue. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

So i got home at 8pm FUMING and in reeeally bad form. Like feeling incredibly down and irritable. Family were ordering chinese and of course i jumped on the bandwagon. A massive plate of chinese was plonked on my lap. By me! It was boiled rice, noodles, chicken with blackbean, chicken satay skewered, BBQ sauce and prawn crackers. I ended up eating a quarter of it and stopping because i felt so rotten. I also had eaten some chips and a small BBQ rib while dishing up. Bad bad bad!

After this i felt 10 times worse. A disaster of a day were nothing went to plan SW wise or otherwise. I actually cried a lot this evening out of pure frustration about the day. I came home and it was 8pm. By then i had planned to have bought my presents, tidied my room and made my mushy pea curry. Instead i sat in my messy room with no presents, having eaten a gloopy greasy chinese, with a million things thrown around my room. I felt so panicky and out of control.

I managed to pull myself tigether and my room has been 'tidied' to a satisfactory level for the momet. I also cha ged my sheets, got fresh OJs and had a lovely hot shower followed by doing ny nails etc. I feel lovely now.

So its 1.30am now. Going to have a glorious 8.5 hours sleep and then go shopping in the morning and get completely sorted.

Feeling a million times better but what a shitty day this was. I haven't felt this out of control with food in months and it sucks. Ive just had no will power and such sweet cravings etc. it has to stop now though. The pounds go back on a zillion times easier than it was for us to loss them.

Turning things around, and its offically 22/12/2012 and were still alive so hooray for that.

Sounds like you had a crap day hun but at least you drew a line under it AND you didn't finish the Chinese! Would you have done pre SW? You've come a long way and don't you forget it. I hope today was more successful and you managed to get your shopping done xx

What vintage pockets says ;-)

Hope the rest of your weekend is going better

Thanks girls!

I've been doing ok, a hell of a lot better than I normally would be, but i could be a lot better.

Yesterday in town i had chicken and bacon ceaser salad for my lunch in town. It was the healthiest thing on the menu. It was lovely but the bacon tasted so fried and it was very crispy so fatty. From the starter platter i had 2 chicken wings, bit og BBQ ribs, and a couple of nachoes which had cheese and guacamole etc on them. I had two spoonfuls of my mam's dessert which was incredible. It was a meringue and hot toffee concoction with bits of fudge going through it.

I went back to OH's after town and he has made his amazing signature dish that I LOVE. Its a spicy sausage cassarole with choritzo, chickpeas, courgetta, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and fresh chillis. Omg SO good! He didnt use choritzo this time but used these amazing jumbo sausages which had paprika in them. We had that with rice. Sausages wouldn't have been good but it was packed with veg so i felt good after it. This was such a lovely day in general. A day in town with the family and Dublin was sooo christmassy with all the lights etc. we had such a great time. Back at OH's place I was zonked by about 10pm and fell asleep an hour in to our movie.

Today was my day with my godson. I literally see him once a year due to him living far away and also his dad is a bit of a loo-la so i'm not comfortable in that house and his mam says she never has train fare to meet me. I don't drive. so today was my annual day of treating him for his birthday and Christmas.

Breakfast today was more of a brunch. I was STARVING by about 12pm after walking around shops before I met my friend and my godson so i went to m&s and got the count on us tomato and basil pasta salad. It was lovely. Soon after we went to Starbucks so I could treat him to a hot chocolate and I had a skinny latte and a fruit pot to get some superfree in.

At the panto (starting Jedward) I had a good bit of popcorn (bold) and a freddo bar. Could have been a lot worse though.

After the show we went to a cafe for dinner. They got pizza and chips and i got the lady to make me up a cold salad. Everything was free except the coleslaw. I really enjoyed it actually and was happy to get more superfree in. I also had a diet coke. Here's the salad...

image-3275941338.jpg

And here is me, my friend and my godson when I organised for him to meet Jedward :)

image-3869364225.jpg

Look at the jedward wig I got the little fella. Haha!

A great day was had and when i list it out I realise i actually wasn't too bad with the food. The salad was at about 6pm and thats it for the day. Weigh-in at 10am tomorrow. Fingers crossed for me guys!

vintagepockets said:
Sounds like you had a crap day hun but at least you drew a line under it AND you didn't finish the Chinese! Would you have done pre SW? You've come a long way and don't you forget it. I hope today was more successful and you managed to get your shopping done xx

Ps I definitely would have finished it pre-slimming world. Suppose that shows I have learned a lot. I know that stopping when you realise your making a bad choice definitely helps. Even if it means a smaller gain. Its less food. Less calories and leas bad food in general so i think it makea a difference. Same with craving chocolate or something. Say you had 2 chocolates. Rather than have a 'well i've ruined it' attitude and eating 10 more, draw a line under it and stop. Mightn't even have meant a gain. But the alternative 'sod it' attitude can be disastrous!

Sounds to me you had a sensible day that could have easily been off the rails! :)

Back