Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

We went to view an apartment tonight which looked dirty in the pics and it was rotten! Dirty walls, dirty carpet, dirty matresses, filthy bath. It was disgusting! Yuck yuck yuck. It was a good experience though, going to a viewing. Tomorrow we're viewing one we really like the look of so fingers crossed.

Todays Food Diary...

Breakfast - 1 sultana and apple alpen light bar (i am obsessed with these, sooo good) and a banana.

Lunch - savoury rice (1.5), carrot sticks and philadelphia light with garlic and herbs (HexA), 1 muller light coconut flavour (.5).

Snacks - irish diet yoghurt, tiramasu flavour (free) 1.5 sausages (2.5) and another alpen light (hexb)

Dinner - wholewheat pasta, passata, courgette, peppers, spring onion, chilli. Cheese (4)

Syns - 8.5
HexA - milk and philadelphia light
hwxB - two alpen lights.

Another good day :)

Nothing major planned for tomorrow but will defo be good and keep it under 10 syns :)

How did the next viewing go Tracey? Hope you've had a nice weekend :) x

How did the next viewing go Tracey? Hope you've had a nice weekend :) x

Thanks hun, you're so sweet to ask. It went good but the next one went even BETTER. Read below :D

Well hello Everyone,

I've been very quiet the last couple of days because I have been so busy. Between apartment viewings, buying things for said apartment, and general work and having to eat and shower I haven't had a minute really. January is normally a slow month for people but so far for me it's been go, go, go:p

We wen't to see an apartment on Friday night which was lovely. It had two double rooms, a black leather suite of furniture, wooden floors, new modern kitchen, and a nice balcony.

The negatives? OH seemed to find quite a few which was sort of bursting my bubble, but as my mam said to me I am an impulsive person in those ways and I want everything NOW. Oh thought the blinds on the windows were filthy, there was no curtain rails, there were shoes under the bed and the toilet was dirty, and most importantly it was seriously lacking in storage. We would need to buy drawers for clothes, storage units, book shelves etc.

That was the second apartment we viewed. So I went to bed that night feeling deflated and I was worried we wouldn't get the apartment and what if we didn't find something better etc. We had another viewing booked for Saturday morning at 9am and I was not looking forward to it. It was a two bedroom but was based in an apartment complex we had viewed already and didn't like. It looks kind of old and run down and I didn't like the look of the worn-down carpet. On friday night when we were going to bed OH said to me ' do you want to just cancel it and go with the other one?' I was tempted but I knew it wasn't morally fair to just cancel at midnight the night before a Saturday am viewing. So we got up early on Saturday morning, begrudgingly on me end, and off we went to the viewing. I couldn't believe what I saw.

When we walked in I quickly realised that this was not the apartment in the pictures. Or so I thought! The first thing I seen was the bedroom which were two doubles, and the pictures online showed a double room and a single room. Secondly, the suite of furniture. It was completely different and very modern looking! I spoke to the letting agent who explained that the people who lived there before left it in a really bad state so the landlord had to sort everything from scratch more or less. New carpet, new kitchen, new beds and what appears to be a new suite of furniture though now that I think about it it may have been covered in new fabric or something. Either way it's lovely! So we had a look around and the first thing that we both noticed was storage. The main bedroom has two wardrobes on either side of the bed with loads of hanging space,shelves for clothes, and a big set of drawers! The other double room has a little walk-in-storage area with shelves etc also which would be great for clothes and general storage! In the hall there is a boiler room with where you could store the hoover (which comes with the place), ironing board etc) and there is also ANOTHER room that is like a hotpress with shelves for bedding and towels and the likes. The kitchen is lovely too. Not huge but perfect for two people. New modern washing washing/tumble drier, microwave, modern looking cooker. It doesn't have a dishwasher but the more I talk to people I realise that really isn't a necessity for two people! So we left and more or less decided immediately that we loved it. I called the letting agent and explained and he told me that once a deposit is paid it's off the market. So on Sunday morning we dont a bank transfer and paid the deposit. OH's parents actually paid it for us as a gift, how amazing. They had told us months ago that they would and they followed through. So that's it, it's OURS!!!!! :D:D:D We don't have the keys yet because the landlord has to do one or two things like clean the ensuite bathroom which was not in good condition and also put in some lightbulbs etc. We sent off all our documents yesterday - ID, bank statement, reference from employer etc, and that has to be verified in their office today or tomorrow depending on when it gets there. At that point we will be organising to meet with the letting agenet, sign the contract, and get the keys. YIPEEE!! It is so exciting.

We spent all weekend buying things for it. Aldi were doing a special deal and on Sunday were selling duvets and pillows etc for next to nothing so we got two double duvets, 8 pillows, and 2 matress protectors for €60 which was brilliant! We then went to town and bought bed-clothes, a few kitchen things, bathroom accessories such as shower curtain, mat for the floor, and candles. We also bought a TV last weekend which was our big purchase and a bargain on sale for €250 for a 32" flat screen.

So the plan? We hope to have the keys by Friday evening when we can start moving things in. I hope to then spend Saturday moving more things in and doing some organising and sorting out of things with my sister because OH will be at football. Then Sunday we plan to do a bit more shopping and get a few bits such as kettle, iron and more kitchen things in a lovely shop we found in town. Then we are pretty much ready to go. We hope to be actually sleeping there come Tuesday/Wednesday night even if it's just for one night. We'll be coming home to my house on Friday night to stay over (next Friday) as we're going to Birmingham on the Saturday morning at 4.30am with my siblings for my stepdad's 50th birthday party. So we want to have everything sorted by then so that when we get home on the Monday afternoon we have a ready-made-home to return to. I cannot wait! :p

there are a few things which we won't be able to afford immediately but we have more or less everything we need. I know I'm going to be one of those people who gets more excited about homebase now than clothes shopping. I already am, lol. I have LOADS of photos of various things we have done together, leaflets from shows we have been to, plane tickets and memories and I want to make a few nifty scrapbooks out of them which I'm really looking forward to doing. I want to get some nice frames so that we can have photos of our families and of ourselves around the apartment. We already have some candles but I want MORE. haha. I love candles! Other bits and bobs like cute pillows to put on our bed and blankets etc will bought as time goes on but right now we have most of what we need to be happy! It's such a lovely place and I just can't wait to put out own stamp on it and make it our own! This is such an exciting time:eek:

I have had a few little tears because at the end of the day I'm fleeing the nest and I am from a big family where I am the oldest of 5 siblings so it's sad to be leaving. Everyone is so happy for us and we have so much support so I am so lucky! Me and my mam had a good chat last night and she said she's sad too but so happy for us and she loves OH. She said it just 'is' sad and no matter what age I was it would be. But she said it feels 'so right' and she loves OH and we both have full-time jobs etc so she knows we will be OK. She said she is being strong for the both of us because she knows what I'm like, lol. No doubt there will be many more tears, but I just have to feel how I feel and be honest with myself. At the end of the day it's a positive thing and I am only going to be living 5 minutes drive away so i will see lots of my family, but it is a big change and I will miss being part of my big crazy lovely family! I can't wait to have them all over though :D that's the brilliant thing about having the other double room. makes such a difference!

So that's my BIG news!

In terms of food this week. Well, I would say that I was 70% good for the week. I was having superfree and sticking to the plan more or less but at the weekend I met friends for dinner and I ordered burger and chips. It was literally all I fancied. The menu wasn't great and I didn't fancy Spagetti Bollognaisse so I just went with what i fancied. It was a very small burger and a very small portion of chips so I knew it wouldn't completely sabotage me if I was careful. However, after several glasses of wine later I went back to OH's house where his parents were having a dinner party, and that's where I spotted it.... the CHEESE BOARD:wave_cry: I ate SO much cheese. All different types and it was SO good. We had it with crackers and grapes! I was way too relaxed because I was well-oiled from the wine. I also had some baguette now that I think of it... disaster!

So that was Saturday. Sunday was 90% good. We had scrammbled eggs of WM toast for breakfast and I snacked on fruit. While we were shopping I had a packet of popcorn and then we went for dinner in town to a place called Mongolian BBQ which is VERY slimming world friendly. It's such a cool place. It's basically a cold raw buffet of vegatables and meat. So you get your bowl, put whatever veg and meat you want in it, and noodles if you like. You then go to their herb and spice section and add whatever you want to it including freshly chopped coriander. You then move on to the sauce section and add whatever sauce you like - so anything from thai green surry to soy sauce was there. You then bring your bowl of raw stir fry up to the massive round griddle where the chef cooks it in front of you and it takes literally minutes to cook because it's SO hot. It is the coolest place ever! I will post pictures later. The best part? it's all you can eat so you can go up as many times as you like. It's also SO healthy. I ate so many vegetables and he didn't use any oil to cook mine. First time I went up I had thinly sliced beef with mushrooms, courgette, broccoli and peppers, with spicy herbs and blackbean sauce. OMG it's so good. They also give you a bowl of steamed rice and some sweetchilli sauce and soy sauce on the table. It is like a custom made slimming world ideal restaurant! So I felt good after that despite us getting a not-so-healthy starter of Duck Springrolls (They were amazing!!) and having some jellies afterwards from the old school sweet shop in Temple Bar!

Yesterday was Monday and weigh-in day. I had no good expectations and pretty much knew I was going to have a gain. I had a pretty bad weekend apart from Sundays dinner and also time was not my friend as the last two weigh-ins have been at 10am in the morning before I've eaten anything and last nights weigh-in would be at 8pm having had breakfast and lunch that day, albeit light ones. So I went anyway, I figured I'd have to pay the following week regardless. I knew I wasn't staying for the meeting because OH wasn't there due to football so I didn't have my partner in crime and I also had a million things to do at home.

The result...

I LOST 1.5 pounds!!!!!! What the???? How??? I have NO idea how! It must have been the copious amounts of superfree in Sundays dinner and also eating pretty light yesterday (Special k bar and pear for breakfast, carrot sticks/philly and a bowl of WW soup for lunch and about a litre of water). I was SO SO SO happy. I am basically now only 1 pound heavier than I was when I weighed in on the 17th December! To only be a pound up a week and a half after Christmas is seriously good news. I have never been in this position. I am chuffed to pieces :D

This will be a busy week between packing and organising things for the apartment so I know I won't be an angel, but I am going to be as good as I can be. Some of the meals will be a bit off-plan but I'll make as good of a choice as I can in each situation! I won't be doing anything too crazy. I am very broke at the moment (the law of attraction would say I shouldnt be focusing on that or it will get worse... whoops) so the next 3 weeks before payday will be very skimpy in terms of food-purchases. I can't afford to do a big food shop so i'm just getting what i can so no major recipes will be tried out for the next couple of weeks, just old favourites really and conveniencey things. I'll be making sure I eat plenty of superfree though, and I won't waste my eating on stuff like chocolate and crisps unless I reeeally fancy something in a small amount! So yes, hopefully another loss next week shall ensue. A nice 2+ pounds would be lovely as Birmingham will be a splurge though I am determined to not go insane over there either because it won't be worth it when i get back and have to weigh in that very day.

So there we are, lots of good news and positives at the moment. 2013 is shaping up to be really great so far :D

Quick question, does anyone have any advice in terms of moving in with your partner? Ive never lived with anyone before and we both have only lived at home so any tips, suggestion, funny stories etc would be great! Also, what is your average food bill? do you do a weekly shop? Do you go to different places such as butcher, fish shop, veg shop or shop in discount stores? What would be your average weekly shopping bill for two people? or for how many people you shop for? Again, all info and tips and help is greatly appreciated. I want to be prepared! :)

I am soo massively chuffed for you and your OH!! What brilliant news!! We finally got our move in date as feb 1st, and also went to Aldi on Sunday to get the Slumberdown bedding, apparently it's a pretty good name according to the fountain of knowledge that is my mum haha!

I like your idea of having the whole place ready for when you get back from Birmingham! So exciting!!

Unfortunately I've no idea on the moving in front...will be asking you for tips over the next few weeks haha! Oh and I are opening a joint bank account tomorrow, all very grown up haha! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Love your long posts! That has to be the longest ever though haha :D Read it at work earlier on. Soo glad you got sorted and how exciting, your own place!! Good luck getting everything sorted :D xx

Congratulations on finding a flat - very happy for you both and it all sounds so stress-free and that's amazing that you can get in so quickly! Also well done on your loss that's fantastic!

As for tips about moving in with OH and food bills it literally depends where you shop and if you have a budget. We generally spend too much on food so I'm not the best person to ask. I remember when I first moved in with the OH I was mostly worried about if he would be messy or never help with cleaning/cooking/washing etc but I found out pretty quickly that I'm a massive control freak and prefer doing all of that myself weirdly. I absolutely love living with my OH and I'm sure you will too. It's so lovely going home to someone who you always look forward to seeing and getting to spend every night in the same bed.You'll probably have a few teething problems to begin with but you quickly get used to each other and learn to live together. Enjoy it, it's an.exciting time! Xx

All sounds very exciting for you. Fabulous! :)

Errrm re living with OH. Patience lol and if something little bothers you then say so as it can soon to turn into a big thing on a bad day.

Set your ground rules on who pays for what too.
James earns a bit more than me but we split all the food and household running costs 50/50 although sometimes he goes nuts on how much I spend on food! My reply is if you think you can do it better and do the lion's share of the cooking then go for it. He's not taken me up on that yet ;-)

Ooooh an also, james' dad gave us a good tip. If you buy something for your new home be it a picture it a cushion etc. if one of you really doesn't like it then it doesn't happen.

Thanks Bookie and Applekath. I'm delighted! Thanks for the well-wishes and good tips! I'll definitely take all that on board applekath ;)

OH and I are very equal so everything will be split down the middle. There will be certain months one of us earns more and we are just seeing that as 'our' extra money to do fun things that we couln't do the month before etc such as book a trip, go for a nice meal, a night out etc! It will be an adjustment but fundamentally it shouldn't change too much. Just means being more organized and not having as much disposable cash as we normally do, but to be honest the more we have the more we spend and waste so why not spend it on rent, food and bills? Everyone has to grow up sometime! The real world and all that :D

Soooo, we officially have the keys! So wxcitinf. Yesterday we updated it on Facebook at about 10pm and we already have 55 comments and 120 likes. I feel loved! Haha. I am a faceboo fiend, always posting, so people cant quite believe how quiet i kept this. I'm actually quite a private person about some things though, and some things are sacred ;) we wanted to enjoy the process of finding one etc without people constantly asking.

I love love love the apartment. I'll post pictures later! A few bits and pieces still need to be done and sorted but nothing we can't live without for a couple of days. I'm calling this evening to organise our tv and internet! Its all happening :)

Food wise I have been BAD! I'm so confused because normally im very good or awal. At the moment i'm being bad but also getting a good bit of superfree in and some meals are perfect! My routine is all messed up with the apartment stuff. I need to stop though because right now things are not looking good for Monday's weigh-in. Last night we had pizza for dinner!! I feel bad..

I just bought a big carton of 190% fruit smoothie. I know theyre not free but i haven't exactly been following SW so this is a way to put lots of berries and Superfree in to me today. It might helo redeem in some way! I also have breakfast and lunch packed and won't be touching any chocolate. I just really need to have 4 solid good days now to make up for the rest of this week. Has anyone tried WW hearty veg soup? Its actually lovely and full of veg/beans. I might have that before I leave work tonight so fill me and stop me picking

Happy Friday :D

Congrats on your new home. Looking forward to the pics.

It's always so hard to stick to plan when there's lots going on. :)

*sneaks back in*

Hi Everyone :wave_cry:

I have been very quiet the last couple of days because moving in to our apartment has taken up 100% of my time. My God I never realised how much stuff I had! We are talking like 5 massive bags of clothes, a bag of handbags, way too many shoes and lots of bits and bobs that have no real purpose but I have just hoarded. So yes, since Thursday I have spent most of my time packing, unpacking, cleaning and organizing. I have to say it's been a really enjoyable process. It's so lovely setting up out little home together and making things just as we want them. Of course due to lack of routine and general busyness I have not been good food wise at ALL. We have so many visitors so the tea and chocolate have been constantly on display. I have also been buying things like crisps, peanuts, fizzy drinks etc which I find impossible to resist. To be honest I have been completely out of control and 50% of what I have been eating has been just utter crap because it's there, and not being I'm hungry. So as always happens I have reached the point where I feel really rotten from all the bad food, so here I am putting my hands up and ready to jump back on to the faithful wagon. I am really looking forward to feeling good again.

Last night we got an m&s stirfry deal where you get veg, chicken, noodles and stir fry sauce in a meal deal, and it was lovely. It has carrots, peppers, onion, pak choi, and mushrooms in it and whilst it wasn't free (some oil on the fresh noodles and maybe 2 syns for the dressing) it was healthy and I felt good after it!

So the carnage ends now. No more chocolate, crisps, sweets, and biscuits.

It's my Dad's birthday at the weekend but we are away in Birmingham for my Steddad's 50th (confusing I know) so we are celebrating my Dad's birthday tomorrow night. My Dad and my brothers haven't seen our apartment yet so it's a good excuse to get them over. The plan is to get a chinese and a birthday cake etc, which of course will not be on plan. Then we're going to Birmingham at the weekend so cue another 3 days of not being on plan. BUT there is no reason why I can't be on-plan today, tomorrow up till dinner time, and all day Friday. That should help me switch back in to the right frame of mind. I'll enjoy my few days away but a few good days before that will make a huge difference. When I get back on Monday I won't be going to group because I know I'll have gained 3/4 pounds. Instead I plan to have an amazing week and really enjoy my new apartment, my new kitchen and all my lovely cooking things. I'll make a big batch of superspeed soup and one or two one-pot veggie-filled dishes such as a big pot of chilli, a curry and a Lasagne. OH and I love all those kinds of things and they'll last us for ages between lunches and dinners. So I get back on Monday and chances are we will both be very tired and hungover after the weekend's festivities. So from Tuesday morning - Monday morning the following week I will be having a 100% on plan week and eating so many vegetables and fruit and wholesome healthy food that it will be coming out of my ears. A detox week like that will definitely clear the couple of pounds I will have gained over the past week or so! So I am feeling good about that! OH and I decided we just won't be buying any of the crap we have bought this week such as biscuits and chocolate. We will have lots of healthy things on hand and nice yoghurts etc to sate the sweet craving! I am feeling positive about it and I am making a realisitc plan. I think a big part of this week was comfort eating though too... Leaving my family home was hard, and I was very sad and emotional. It's a huge change going from a house of 7 people (5 siblings, I'm the oldest) and a big dog to just me and OH in an apartment. So I have probably been eating to block some of those feelings. Similarly I damaged the tendons in my right arm and ended up in A&E on Monday morning so I have been completely unmotivated to make healthy food when I can't even unhook my bra or brush my hair with the pain. So what happens? I end up munching on crisps and biscuits in a sort of self-pity kind of way. Well it stops here! My arm is really sore! I was in and out of A&E in 2.5 hours which is unheard of. They're referring me for physiotherapy and gave me strong painkillers called Tylex. I took them yesterday as prescribed and I was completely OUT OF IT! I was slurring my words, couldn't keep my eyes open, and couldn't focus on anything. The words on my screen kept getting bigger and smaller and I just wanted to sleep but I wasn't even tired. SCARY!! Apparently it's because the dose of Codeine and Paracetamol are so big in the pills! Fine when you're at home safe in your apartment, but not so much when you're in work and feel like you are on drugs (FYI I have never touched a drug in my life).

Anyway, so all is lovely and we are enjoying settling in. It'd an adjustment and I'm still having little surges of nostalgia and sadness because I am such a family person. But it's good change. We are 23 (me) and soon to be 28 (OH) and it was the right time. I'm really proud of us and what we've accomplished and so are our families. It's a great feeling because we were SO lucky to find the apartment we did. Safe, spacious, clean, cosy, bright, modern, 2 bedrooms, secure, only 5 minutes drive from my family home and right beside brilliant public transport and right beside an m&S, aldi,. Tesco etc etc! We are so lucky! It's just a big change and I am embracing how I feel and being honest with myself. The best part? Our bed is SO comfortable, but as you can imagine... with a dodgy arm, it hasn't been truly appreciated yet... haha TMI I know!!!;)

Great to be back :D

Oh Tracey, we're both going through some pretty grown up transitions aren't we?!! CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing new apartment and moving in with your love, how very very exciting!! The one tip I can give you regarding cohabiting with a partner is to make time to do your stuff on your own, like hang out with your girlfriends, spend time with family etc. it's really tempting to do EVERYTHING together as its all so exciting but the things you currently find cute in your man could quickly become irritating lol. So spend some time doing individual things, that way you also have something to talk about at the end of the day. Imagine doing everything together, what do you talk about??? Also, don't sweat the small stuff. No need to nag about every droplet of water on the bathroom floor. Pick your battles and save expletives for when you can make the most impact lol!

P.S. I tried a crumbed chicken schnitzel with Smash for lunch today and I just about licked the plate! Here's a virtual kiss to you for suggesting it! I can't believe it's taken me so long to try it! All I can now think about is SW fish fingers... Mmmmm :D

Guys I am sooooo excited!!

Peter made an amazing dinner last night, very slimming world friendly and I thought it looked pretty so for the fun of it I tweeted the picture to Nigella Lawson and guess what??? She REPLIED!!!!!

I asked her what she thought of it and this is what she said...

image-1824745137.jpg

Aaaaaaah!

Here is the dish!

image-2487968377.jpg

I am OBSESSED with Nigella Lawson so I can't stop squeeling with excitement like a little child!!!

Aaaaaaaah

sorry to crash but Honey, you're no longer coming up in my subscribed threads and I got an error message when I tried to click on your food diary?? Help!

so glad you're settling in Tracey. So exciting!!

She is in the silver section now bookie. You have to have 500 posts to see it x

Oh Tracey, we're both going through some pretty grown up transitions aren't we?!! CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing new apartment and moving in with your love, how very very exciting!! The one tip I can give you regarding cohabiting with a partner is to make time to do your stuff on your own, like hang out with your girlfriends, spend time with family etc. it's really tempting to do EVERYTHING together as its all so exciting but the things you currently find cute in your man could quickly become irritating lol. So spend some time doing individual things, that way you also have something to talk about at the end of the day. Imagine doing everything together, what do you talk about??? Also, don't sweat the small stuff. No need to nag about every droplet of water on the bathroom floor. Pick your battles and save expletives for when you can make the most impact lol!

P.S. I tried a crumbed chicken schnitzel with Smash for lunch today and I just about licked the plate! Here's a virtual kiss to you for suggesting it! I can't believe it's taken me so long to try it! All I can now think about is SW fish fingers... Mmmmm :D

That is great advice Honey, thank you. I will definitely take it all on board. The other night he was watching a gorey 'boy' film and i pottered around, had a shower, body buttered, got in my PJS and watch sex and the city in bed. Having ME time is a hige novelty and I love it! :)

Doesn't the smash work a treat? What did you mix in with it? I usually mix in coarse black pepper, salt, smoked paprika and something spicy. Instead of just egg wash i used a mix of a beaten egg and some Franks Hot sauce to dip the chicken in before dunking in the 'crumb' and it was lovely. It gave it a great colour and a nice little kick, just like my favourite KFC burger ;)

I've been so bold. Like so so so so bold it's insane. I don't feel good about it either. Going to Birmingham tomorrow till Monday so i'll start fresh on Tuesday morning. Hopefully it's fixable in a short enough time!

On that note, that's IF we get our flight! We're going away in a group of 25 for my stepdads 50th. 8 of us fly in the morning but 17 were flying today at 4pm and their flight was cancelled! They are still in the airport and may be put on a 11pm flight but nobody knows yet. They are all cranky and have opposing views on what to do. I hope it all works out :( i feel especially sorry for my stepdad as he is so excited everyone has made the effort to come and this is a disaster. Our flight is at 6.30am. Here's hoping!

What does bold mean Tracey lol?! Also, is it ok if i follow you on twitter? Couldn't help but notice your name in the tweet from Nigella (go you!) Good luck with the flight tomorrow xx

Ditto what do you mean by bold!? Is it Irish slang for naughty? Lol xx

Back