Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

image-2800222405.jpg

Opened up a lovely packet of peaches and one had a snail on it :( yuck

image-236110174.jpg

Yesterday's lunch. Yummy!

image-3049286643.jpg

My dinner yesterday. Turkey stirfry. Filling and gorgeous!

image-3450844636.jpg

For the fun of it, me before I left for Zumba last night :)

Stir fry looks gorge :) can't best a good stir fry! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I just wanted to say that I'm still here and I'm reading all of your diaries! Its a stressful time for me at the moment. My nanny has been taken back in to hospital and is really sick again. I have been ok with food up till today which has been complete comfort eating. I'll be back on track tomorrow!

Hi hun, hope you're ok?
Sorry to hear that your Nan isn't doing too good, hope she gets better very soon! xxx

Rather than go backwards and try and explain everything I thought I would just copy and paste what I just posted on my Facebook page for my 70 pound weightloss challenge... It says it all really.

Hi Everyone. First of all, the mini marathon today was brilliant and I am so delighted that I did it but the real reason I am writing this is for more serious reasons. It's about my progress since starting this weightloss challenge. Basically I have been doing this challenge for 7 weeks and currently I have lost about 5 pounds. That is just not good enough. Yes I gained 6 pounds on holidays so overall I should be down a stone by now but I have been really lacking in proper commitment and it is all just excuses. The trend seems to be that I am really good Monday-Friday and so disciplined and then at the weekend I forget about the whole bloody thing. At this point I should have lost well over a stone to stick to my timescale of losing 70 pounds by 31st December. The point is that I have not been commiting to it on the level that it needs. I have so many people asking me how I am doing and 370 people on this page who care and invest in my journey. But right now it feels dishonest to call it a 'weightloss journey' when I am yo yo'ing and not giving it 100%. I ended up 5 stone overweight for a reason, so it was never going to be easy. I have tried many many times to lose weight and I end up falling off the wagon time and time again. This time felt different though. I have basically completely lost sight of why I started this journey and this challenge. It is for a children's cancer ward!! the social part is great, the blogging is great, the photos are great and the support is amazing, but this is a weightloss journey and if I am not losing weight every week then I am not doing what I have promised I would do. I totally realise I am exposing myself right now 100% and that part is hard because it feels as though I am admitting failure but I have to do this or I won't be able to move on if I don't. I want you all to know that I am totally aware that this challenge has not gone to plan so far. I know that and I am not in denial. I have realised that and it's not easy to admit when so many people think you are doing brilliantly and ask about your progress and you feel like a disappointment. The truth is I really am committed during the week but I then go and ruin it at the weekend and I convince myself that I deserve the 'treats'. It is a bad attitude and it stops now. Today is the 3rd of June, a wonderful sunny day where I did the mini-marathon for my charity and felt so proud of myself but in general I feel like I have made a mess of this challenge and I need to turn it around. I am telling you all now from the bottom of my heart that I WILL do this and I will lose every single pound knowing that it is to not only better my own life and health but raise money for the amazing Our Lady's Hospital who gave so much to my family. I am SICK of making excuses and I have never meant it more in my life, but I WILL do this. I hope you will all still believe in me because things will be changing from this point on and I am from this moment 100% committing to this challenge and by 31st December I WILL be down 5 stone. Many of you might read this and think it's cringey or I am exposing myself too much, or the message is too long, but I don't care because this means too much to me so I am not allowing myself to be weak and put on a false show. This means so much to me and I will do it. I am drawing a line under the past few weeks and starting completely fresh from this moment. All support is needed and I hope you all can believe in me because I WILL do this, just wait and see.

Not even sure if anyone even read my last post from Monday...

Anyway, I'm fine now. I have drawn a line under the past few weeks and I know what I need to do. I have more or less decided to cut out alcohol, halve my treats, reduce my portion sizes, and up my exercise. At the moment I am toying with the idea of morning walks before work. It would help me get in to a better routine also because at the moment I feel a bit overwhelmed by all that's going on. Finding it tough to balance all of the things going on in my life at the moment. Things like my nanny being sick in hospital and visiting her every day or two, finding time to see my family (they only live 10 mins bus away but I seem to always be too tired and busy to go visit as often as I want. I need to prioritise), Zumba, work, keeping the apartment 'flowing' (and I mean basic things like washing dishes and keeping it somewhat tidy), food shopping and various other things. It feels as tough there aren't enough days in the week or hours in the day and everday I find myself looking at the time at about 11pm and wondering WHERE did the day go? I think I need to look at time management and prioritising certain things. I need a better routine.

anyway, I AM back on track and it's staying this way. Here is yesterday's food diary. I'm still eating dinner too late which is something I want to look at but with my routine and OH's it's never the case that we're both home ready to eat dinner before 8/9pm. I do try but it's not that straight forward with my nanny being in hospital, OH working late, me going to Zumba, one evening going food shopping etc.

Yesterday's Food

Breakfast - Fresh Pineapple, HexB Muesli and Drizzle of honey (1)

Lunch - Brown rice, courgette, spring onion, sweetcorn, peas, and a salmon fillet. Seasoned with soy sauce and black pepper. It was gorgeous and really filling. A 0% fat yoghurt

Snack - banana, apple and grapes

Dinner - An omlette made with egg, dash of skimmed milk (HexA), 2/3 HexA portion of Mozerella, mushrooms, and ham. Served with 2 Mallon's Gluten Free Sausages (free) and 1 tablespoon of salsa (1.5) I also had some salad leaves and grilled courgettes on the side. These are SO good. Sliced courgettes griddled on a griddle pan till charred and seasoned with salt. So tasty.

Dessert - Glenisk low fat blueberry yoghurt (2) with fresh blueberries

Hexa - 30g Mozerella and a dash of milk in omlette
HexB - 30g Muesli

Syns - 4.5/15

Very happy with that day, apart from eating way too late (10.30pm).

I have another busy day today between work, visiting my family, and then Zumba. I hope to get home before Zumba even for 20 minutes so that I can have a quick chicken salad or something for dinner as I don't get home from Zumba till near 10pm which is too late for dinner.

I read it :) you post so much tho and I read at work, I forget to reply later on. Always reading ;-)

It sounds like you've got a lot on at the moment so I hope you're finding the time for yourself. Is your Nanny getting better? I hope you're ok as I understand how tough that is.

Well done on getting back on track and I think your changes sound great. Are you eating out less too? Best luck with it hun I'm positive you will do this but try not to put too much pressure on yourself and feel like you're letting people down. I know it's important to you to raise the money but bottom line is you're doing it for yourself so don't be too hard on yourself.

Did you try to do the food shopping online as that will free you up for at least one evening a week. Now I'm working again I'm going to get back onto doing that as in the evenings all I want to do is get home! Have you also thought about preparing meals for the week at the weekend and freezing them so you can eat as soon as you get home. That way you don't need to wait for the OH to get home although I'm like you and like to eat together.

Good luck with everything. I hope you manage to sort everything out and get your routine settled. Xx

Hi hun, hope you're ok?
Sorry to hear that your Nan isn't doing too good, hope she gets better very soon! xxx

Hope your nan is ok hun x

Thanks guys, I am only seeing this now! :)
It sounds like you've got a lot on at the moment so I hope you're finding the time for yourself. Is your Nanny getting better? I hope you're ok as I understand how tough that is.

Well done on getting back on track and I think your changes sound great. Are you eating out less too? Best luck with it hun I'm positive you will do this but try not to put too much pressure on yourself and feel like you're letting people down. I know it's important to you to raise the money but bottom line is you're doing it for yourself so don't be too hard on yourself.

Did you try to do the food shopping online as that will free you up for at least one evening a week. Now I'm working again I'm going to get back onto doing that as in the evenings all I want to do is get home! Have you also thought about preparing meals for the week at the weekend and freezing them so you can eat as soon as you get home. That way you don't need to wait for the OH to get home although I'm like you and like to eat together.

Good luck with everything. I hope you manage to sort everything out and get your routine settled. Xx

Thanks hun, good to hear from you!

Nanny is still sick and in hospital, I will keep you posted. Please God she will be OK! I loved our chats this week, she is an amazing woman.

I definitely toyed with the online shopping idea but then I felt guilty because Tesco is literally 2 minutes walk from our apartment. Problem is actually finding a time to do it when we're both around so that can be a pain. It might be handy in terms of being delivered at a time I'll be home which might be earlier than OH. I'll definitely look in to it. We live in an apartment block so it might be a bit awkward for me to carry everything up myself. I would manage though. I'll speak to OH about it tonight, thanks for reminding me :)

In terms of preparing stuff and freezing it for the week, I've never really thought about it. Our freezer is quite small so I can't imagine there would be much room to freeze meals. Do you do it? Do you mean say make a batch of curry and freeze two portions or spend a day at the weekend making 2/3 things to have the following week (I don't think I could do this as I love to chill as much as possible at the weekend).

We have definitely been eating out less. Since I re-comitted (like 4 days ago) we haven't eaten out so it's hard to tell. It's the weekend's that do it. This weekend OH is out on Saturday for a work night out so that won't be a problem and I'll cook for me. Sunday I will be having lunch out but something I can easily syn for sure. I am very much 'in the zone' right now. I've pretty much decided to not drink too. Maybe the off weekend have one or two but in general cut it out!

Thanks for your support. How is the new job going?

The weather in Dublin is amazing at the moment. It's about 20'C now and I can't believe it. I am sweating here in the office and can't wait to get out. I'm going to treat myself to a packet of popcorn and a can of diet coke. I am excited! I have been really enjoying being so on-plan this week and I intent for things to stay like that. It feels different now. It's like I just KNOW I'm going to do it. My holiday in 9 weeks is a HUGE motivator. I could do so much in 9 weeks. It's very exciting.

Just about to leave work and head to Zumba (it's at 7 so I'll visit my auntie and gorgeous baby cousin first) so this is just a quick post to account for yesterday's food.

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast - Fresh Pineapple, grapes, blueberries with low fat yoghurt (1.5) and a drizzle of honey (1)

Snack - Lemon Drizzle Alpen Light Bar (3) these are yummy.

Lunch - 2 small wholemeal (well it's called a 'Slimbo' but it's only 50g and it's TINY with seeds. Technically a tweak but it's so small that I feel OK about it. In it was bacon, light mayo (1) lettuce and tomato. I also had a Muller Light Newyork Cheesecake Yoghurt (1) and a pear

Dinner - Erin lowfat savoury rice (1.5) with a chicken fillet, peppers and spring onion.

Post Zumba - a banana, 1 ryvita (2) with HexA cheese and cherry tomatoes and some grilled courgette (random but OH was making them after football and they are SO good, like actually amazing)

HexA - 30g cheddar
HexB - Slimbo*

Syns - 10/15

Another great day. The ryvita with cheese probably wasn't a great shout as it was literally 11pm when I ate it but I was peckish after Zumba and I justified it because I hadn't had my HexA that day. Nothing to feel guilt about though!

We're having chicken dinner today so it should be free other than 2 syns for the gravy so I have no guilt in using 6.5 syns for a packet of popcorn. I'm hungry and it'll tie me over till dinner at about 8.30pm. I should still end up at around the 12 mark for syns today and that's fine by me :)

I'm re-joining SW on Monday. Very excited! I also have news on the exercise front which I will share soon...:D

image-291254344.jpg

These are the Slimbos. Just so you all know what I'm talking about! It looks bigger in this photo. Each side is not even as big as a WW slice of bread or nimble slice. It's 48g for the lot.

image-4205040801.jpg

Today's dinner. So gorgeous! I came in from Zumba, had a shower, and OH had it on the table for me. It was so delicious and I was so hungry and practically licked my plate. Chicken fillets cooked on griddle pan seasoned with chicken oxo, mash potato (1) with fresh coriander, roasted butternut squash and sweet potato, carrots and gravy (2)

Today's Food Diary...

I ended up not having the popcorn afterall. I saw a lovely fruit salad in the shop for €1.99 which had so many gorgeous fruits in it and it appealed to me way more. A fruit salad and a diet coke was such a lovely treat after walking in the sunshine.

Breakfast - Banana and Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle bar (3)

Lunch - Slimbo (HexB) with light mayo (1) lettuce, tomato and 30g cheddar cheese
Muller Light Lemon Cheesecake yoghurt (1) and a pear

Snack - cup of coffee with low fat milk (2) mixed fruit salad and a diet coke

Dinner - Griddled chicken, carrots, roasted BNS and Sweet Potato, mashed potato with coriander (1) and gravy (2)

Dessert - Muller Light Greek Style (.5)

Feels like I ate a lot today when I list it out... I was always hungry though if that makes sense!

HexA - 30g Cheddar Cheese
HexB - Slimbo

syns - 10.5

It's just as well I didn't have the popcorn as I would have been over my syns.

My boss is taking us for lunch tomorrow and I will be getting some sort of salad with HexA cheese (possible Halloimi, mmm) and maybe a skinny lattee or something.
I'm thinking about treating myself to something nice for breakfast like scrammbled eggs on Slimbo toast. Oh the excitement! lol :D
Syns -

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - 1 slimbo with scrambelled egg (1) and a pear

Lunch - amazing wholefoods and grilled halloumi salad. Unreal! It was mainly free but about 8 syns to cover dressing, bit of crunch crouton thingy and halloumi after HexA
Skinny Latte (2)

image-2104906581.jpg

Snack - muller light greek style yoghurt (.5)

When I got home - tomato mugshot, 2 ryvita (4) bit of cheese (2) tomatoes, carrot sticks and grapes

image-1811651353.jpg

HexA - towards the halloimi
HexB - Slimbo

Syns - 17.5

Over a bit but under the last two days so no biggie :))) snacked on a few frozen grapes after. So nice

image-2198837087.jpg

The sun is shining in Dublin and my weekend is jam-packed, but that's fine by me :) heading to the theatre I used to work in today to bring my cousin to see Barney :)

OH was out last night and I could have very easily comfort ate. But ai think I pretty much did well and my weekends are already turning around.

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - stuffed baked potato with sweetcorn, ham, spring onion, and covered in cheese (I removed half) with three salads which would have had a few syns for bit of feta, few nute etc, but overall very healthy (HexA + 8 syns I would guestimate)
Organic cranberry lemonade (free as half a calorie in entire can)

Dinner - some leftover salad (2) with extra salad leaves, tomato and speinkling of cheddar cheese (2)

Snack - frozen grapes, muller greek style (.5) alpen light (3)

HexA - cheese
HexB - 2 alpen lights

Syns - 15.5

Syns could have been a bit higher, hard to tell, but i'm ok wirh that!

Absolutely exhausted after that weekend. I spent most of it with my 7 month old cousin. She is just amazing.

Feeling a bit hormonal tonight so hope I feel better after a good night's sleep...

Food today was pretty good overall but kind of high in syns. I was rushing around so I tried my best. Overall it was pretty good though and I feel OK about it

Breakfast - more like brunch really, I had a chicmen wrap (serious tweak but hexB for wrap) with chicken, tomato, peppers, onion, cheese (hexa) and mayo (2)

Snack - ice-pop (2)

Dinner - BBQ - pork chop, chicken fillet and steak burger done on BBQ - all with dry seasoning - served with SW egg mayo (.5) potato salad (2) coleslaw (4) brocolli and feta salad (2) and noodle, peppers and nut salad (3) cheese (2)

Snack - fruit salad

All just guesses really but I made good choices overall I think and despite it not being perfect it's a huge improvement for me for being on plan at weekends.

HexA - cheese on wrap
HexB - wrap ( serious tweak i know)

Syns -

Back