Tracey's healthy yummy lovely journey

So on top of everything I planned to have yesterday I also had some jellies (3) mini packet malteasers (5) and a freddo bar (5) and went over my syns by about 10. So annoyed at myself.

OH was making chocolate biscuit cake as a trial run for the one he's making me for my birthday on Sunday so that's where the chocolate came from. The jellies were just a stupid idea and done out of boredom while waiting for the bus. I'm really really peed off with myself. WHAT is the point in making all of these plans and being great up to 5pm, then forgetting about it after work. I don't understand myself at all.

Trying to redeem myself now for the next 3 days before the birthday weekend but the scales looked awful this morning. Will do a proper weigh in on Friday morning after what will have been only two good days this week because I REFUSE to be bad today and tomorrow.

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - HexB toast with butter (2) and melon
Lunch - Roasted vegetable cous cous with lots of superfree, corn on the cob, muller lite and a pear.
Dinner - Honey Mustard chicken with rice or potatoes, but probably rice (6)
Snack - Sliver of chocolate biscuit cake because OH is bringing it over to my family and I want a tiny taste (2)

HexA - skimmed milk in 2 teas and 1 laughing cow light.
HexB - wholemeal bread.

Syn - 10/15

Really annoyed with myself.

Aw I'm sorry you didn't manage to stay on plan yesterday. I hope things went a bit better for you today xx

Aw I'm sorry you didn't manage to stay on plan yesterday. I hope things went a bit better for you today xx

Thanks hun! :D

New plan and new strategy is underway. I am planning to start exercising in the evenings. A friend of mine recommended a 10 minute work-out video on youtube so I'm going to do that every day after work, whether I want to or not. It has to be done. I really want to start enjoying exercise.

Alongside that I plan on simply healthy eating and sticking to Slimming World.

It's my birthday weekend so I am trying to not beat myself up about the weekend I've just had and I'll start fresh after the weekend. From that point forward whether I'm eating out, staying in, or going away, I simply HAVE to make choices because for health reasons I simply cannot afford not to. Simple as.

x

It sounds like you're in the right frame of mind and that's great. I hope you have a fabulous birthday weekend before you get stuck in though :D

I used to do some online exercise videos. It's great because you can try loads and find the ones you like without spending a fortune on dvds x

Thanks a million girls, I have to say I'm REALLY looking forward to the weekend. I have a lovely one planned. Friday (tonight) I'm going to see a play that a friend of mine is in. It's only €10 and the theatre is literally 5 minutes walk from our apartment so that will be handy. Possibly a drink at the interval but not too sure, then strolling down town to pick up a thai takeaway to bring home. Yummy! The usual prawn massaman with coconut rice and singapore noodles, all shared with OH. So gorgeous! Saturday will be a luxurious lye-in, tidying the apartment and chillaxing for the afternoon with tv and tea. Saturday night will be a drunken affair. Going to a party that all my family will be at more or less (except my mam boo hoo) so that's a great way to celebrate my birthday with my cousins etc. Again it is so handy because it's walking distance from the apartment so no taxi money. There is a McDonalds on the way home though!! Sunday is my actual birthday which will involve presents and loved ones, and a cake that OH is making for me. Chocolate biscuit cake, my favourite. I'll be seeing my Dad on Sunday at some point and possible a nice lunch out somewhere, then going for dinner on Sunday night with my family and OH to my favourite thai restaurant. Absolutely cannot wait. Just a few more hours in work and then the fun will begin, I'm so excited!

Well this week hasn't gone to plan at ALL but I swear I needed this right kick in the bum. Yesterday I did something that made it all turn around, I moved my BUM and went out and exercised. Yes, you heard that correctly. I started day 1 of couch to 5k. I did it last year and it was the best thing ever. I felt amazing after it. I NEED to exercise. It has totally put me in the right frame of mind. We also had an amazing steak dinner last night that really reminded me how amazing Slimming World is. My whole dinner was 1 syn and it was a proper all-the-trimmings steak dinner with amazing fillet steak, sauteed onions mushrooms and courgette, GORGEOUS Slimming World chips, and literally a dash of pepper sauce because that was all that was needed. Man it was SO good.

So the plan is to enjoy my birthday weekend and come back on Monday with a clear head and a real sense of purpose. I have few birthday-related things planned next week such as meeting a friend for dinner and then afternoon tea with my auntie but I am determined to allow for those things and save my syns and Hex's etc to cover them, as well as continuing to run three times a week and keep up with the programme that way.

Have to say, I am feeling really positive about it all. Here's to a really great 24th year :)

A belated happy birthday to you! Your celebrations sound fab and you sound like you're really determined to enjoy them then get stuck into the SW plan again. Good lucl with C25K, hopefully you'll find it a bit easier since you've done it before x

Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was fab!!

I had the most amazing weekend, lots of great times with family and my boyfriend, a fab meal and night out and gorgeous presents! My boyfriend has surprised me with a trip to VEGAS!! I was completely shocked. It's all booked and we are going in March 2014 for 6 nights. That's only 5 months away, it will fly in. I am so so excited! So lots of saving, and every reason now to look and feel my best on what will be an unreal adventure.

Of course a weekend of not so healthy food was consumed- Mc Donalds, my favourite Thai restaurant, sweets, chocolate biscuit cake and alcohol! Now it's back on the wagon straight away - back to following Slimming World and doing my Counch to 5k and Zumba. It'll be hard to drag my bum out the door tonight after work but I'll definitely be doing it, simple as!

Today's Food Plan...

Breakfast - Apple, grapes and a pear

Lunch - 4 ryvita (Hexb) with low low cheese triangles (HexA) and cherry tomatoes with a mug shot. Danio 0% (1)

Dinner - probably SW chips, veg, steak and pepper sauce (2)

Snacks - 1 tea (HexA) 1 peppermint tea, packet of velvet crunch (4) and a cool pop (1).

HexA- low low cheese
HexB - Ryvita

Syns - 8/15

I'll be keeping the syns under 10 every day this week for 100% certain!! Will weigh myself on Friday and update!

Have a great week everyone x

Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was fab!! I had the most amazing weekend, lots of great times with family and my boyfriend, a fab meal and night out and gorgeous presents! My boyfriend has surprised me with a trip to VEGAS!! I was completely shocked. It's all booked and we are going in March 2014 for 6 nights. That's only 5 months away, it will fly in. I am so so excited! So lots of saving, and every reason now to look and feel my best on what will be an unreal adventure. Of course a weekend of not so healthy food was consumed- Mc Donalds, my favourite Thai restaurant, sweets, chocolate biscuit cake and alcohol! Now it's back on the wagon straight away - back to following Slimming World and doing my Counch to 5k and Zumba. It'll be hard to drag my bum out the door tonight after work but I'll definitely be doing it, simple as! Today's Food Plan... Breakfast - Apple, grapes and a pear Lunch - 4 ryvita (Hexb) with low low cheese triangles (HexA) and cherry tomatoes with a mug shot. Danio 0% (1) Dinner - probably SW chips, veg, steak and pepper sauce (2) Snacks - 1 tea (HexA) 1 peppermint tea, packet of velvet crunch (4) and a cool pop (1). HexA- low low cheese HexB - Ryvita Syns - 8/15 I'll be keeping the syns under 10 every day this week for 100% certain!! Will weigh myself on Friday and update! Have a great week everyone x

Hey sweety, so sorry I missed your birthday! Glad you had a fab time. And omg how amazing is your boyfriend?! Vegas will be amazeballs! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Happy belated birthday! Wow Vegas that'll be amazing! Xx

Wow, I'm so jealous of your trip to Vegas, what a great present!

Good luck with your 100% week x

Hey sweety, so sorry I missed your birthday! Glad you had a fab time. And omg how amazing is your boyfriend?! Vegas will be amazeballs! Xx

Happy belated birthday! Wow Vegas that'll be amazing! Xx

Thank you girls, I really cannot wait. So happy! It is going to be amazing. I got paid today so I saved as much as I could! 5 months is going to fly in. Still on cloud 9 over it all!

Since my birthday weekend passed I have been totally back on track and I am delighted about it. I didn't end up having the crisps yesterday but I had two crackers with cheese and a couple of squares of chocolate in the evening so I ended up at about 15 syns, but that's OK. I could have easily ate the full bar but I had some self control and I was chuffed with myself for learning to say NO.

I'm meeting a friend tonight for something to eat, and then another friend on Thursday but I will be making good choices. I have also been out running and am due to do day 4 of couch to 5k tomorrow. It's getting tough but the feeling of accomplishment after is really amazing. I feel it's working wonders for me in lots of ways. Tough to drag my bum out the door, but so worth it.

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - Muller Greek Style (.5) 2 crackers with cheese (4) and a pear

Lunch - tomato and herb mugshot, 4 ryvita (hexb) laughing cow light (HexA) and cherry tomatoes.

Dinner - Meeting a friend and will get a baked potato tuna melt so about 10 syns should cover the cheese and coleslaw on the side.

Syns - 15 on the button.

Birthday celebrations sound great and as for Vegas - wow! Xx

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! What a great gift from the boy! Lucky girl xx

Birthday celebrations sound great and as for Vegas - wow! Xx

Vegas is supposed to be amazing!!
My aunt lives there 6 months outta the year x

Thanks girls, I cannot wait

Having a really bad day. Not in good form and don't want to be here. Visiting my nan later and I love her to pieces but I don't want to see anyone (feel so guilty saying that) so I just want work to be done so I can go visit her and no doubt she will make me smile. Then I have to drag myself out for my run which will no doubt be super hard, and then shower, dinner and PJs. I just want this day over to be honest.

Stuck to my plans for yesterday. OH bought Toffee Pop biscuits and I so wanted one last night but there were nearly 4 syns each which is crazy for how tiny they are. I resisted and had a Greek Muller. I am LEARNING guys, two night's in a row I have said NO to something. Big deal for me to make a good decision like that.

Today's Food Diary and plan...

Breakfast - pear, petit folout yoghurt (2.5) and a benefit Aldi bar (3)
Lunch - mugshot, 4 ryvita (hexb), low low (hexa) and a flat peach
Snack - yoghurt after work
Dinner - home-made beef burgers with wholemeal bun (6) light mayo, cheese (2.5) BBQ sauce (1) and salad with Slimming World chips and cherry tomatoes.

Syns - 15/15

In hindsight the yoghurt was 2.5 is a lot, and I should have had the bun as my HexB and something different for lunch. Hindsight is a great thing!

Still an on-plan day.

Roll on bed time.

Aww honey, what's making your day so bad? Hope the rest of work flies by so you can see your nan then get home and chill.

Do you need the bun with your burger if you're having SW chips? That might be enough and you can save some syns? You're still within 15 for the day though so I wouln't let it worry you.

Definitely gold star for practicing the 'no thank you' mantra two nights in a row. It's not always easy!! I keep a stash of lower syn biccies in the house for just those occasions when I can't quite say no but don't want to be naughty. Pink wafers and Nice biscuits are 2 syns each and are often enough to take the edge off a craving! xx

I don't know how you managed to say no to Toffee Pops, they are my absolute fave! I don't buy any biscuits to keep in the house because I can't trust myself not to eat them all!

I hope your day got better and that seeing your gran cheered you up.

I hope your run goes well tonight, its always hard to get yourself out there but you'll be fine once you're out xx

Aww honey, what's making your day so bad? Hope the rest of work flies by so you can see your nan then get home and chill.

Do you need the bun with your burger if you're having SW chips? That might be enough and you can save some syns? You're still within 15 for the day though so I wouln't let it worry you.

Definitely gold star for practicing the 'no thank you' mantra two nights in a row. It's not always easy!! I keep a stash of lower syn biccies in the house for just those occasions when I can't quite say no but don't want to be naughty. Pink wafers and Nice biscuits are 2 syns each and are often enough to take the edge off a craving! xx

That's a really good idea. We have these 'tea biscuits' here in our main supermarket (Dunnes Stores) and you get two biscuit for 1 syn. Great huh? They are very plain and not very sweet but they definitely take the edge off a craving for something with a cuppa!

I didn't end up having the bun in the end so great minds think a like! I didn't have any superfree either though, whoops! I just wasn't in form at all, and had a really bad day, so not turning to comfort eating is a victory in itself.

Just some not so fun stuff going on at the moment with someone very close to me, and I can't control it or help the person, so the situation sucks. I spent most of the past few days crying. Trying to be strong today. Waiting for a silver lining and praying it'll all work out.

Thanks for the support love x

I don't know how you managed to say no to Toffee Pops, they are my absolute fave! I don't buy any biscuits to keep in the house because I can't trust myself not to eat them all!

I hope your day got better and that seeing your gran cheered you up.

I hope your run goes well tonight, its always hard to get yourself out there but you'll be fine once you're out xx

Hey Bev :)

I dragged my bum out the door in the end. It was 8.30pm and lashing raining so I couldn't hold me i phone as it was getting soaked so couldn't see the screen or anything. I just did my own thing for about 20 minutes and it felt like a good workout. I actually feel I rang for longer periods of time, but just ran less times if that makes sense. Either way it felt great and I had that sense of completion after.

I love Toffeepops too. They were the cheap Aldi version and are the exact same! LOL. I resisted though. Hooray!

Hope your all set and excited about Florida :) x

Back