Tracking app for sw

vinny12

Hi everyone, does anyone know of a good app to track your food on the iPhone? I had my fitness pal but thought if I used this I would become too concerned over the calories

I'm using my fitness pal at the moment with Sw. I found I was having more calories than is recommended for me to lose weight when I put my diary into MFP.. So I've decided to trial it by planning my meals on there and sticking to the calories for me to see if I get better results.

I'm using my fitness pal at the moment with Sw. I found I was having more calories than is recommended for me to lose weight when I put my diary into MFP.. So I've decided to trial it by planning my meals on there and sticking to the calories for me to see if I get better results.

Why pay for slimming world if you're going to calorie count?

I agree with OWLGOOSE, forget the calories and just stick with slimming world

I don't go to group yet, I've been doing it alone for a few weeks until i can go to group. I use MFP as a food diary on my phone and it auto counts calories for me, i noticed that i was going over the calories my body needs to lose weight just sticking to sw. So as a personal trial I dont see any harm in me doing Sw and sticking to a set amount of calories if my phone does all of the work for free..

Thanks everyone for your responses.

The reason I didn't want to use MFP was because I wanted to avoid the calorie count but can understand why you would chose to do both as I guess it's added reassurance and its important that you make the 'diet' work for you.

I just wondered if anyone had an app that could record the food generally and also HEs as cant seem to find one.

If you pay to go to slimming world they give you access to their Sw app where you log in with email and password if I remember correctly... I'm sure that you can enter free food, superfree hex's and syns on that through their database which I want to do when I eventually get to group again :)

Search slimming world on App Store and if your C has already set you up for online access you can use it right away.

Sorry I just did research on it and reviews are bad from people saying you can't add free foods and hex's. I'm sure you used to be able to :( I know if you use the actual website you can record everything. I'm not sure if they do a mobile version though to make it easier on phone.

Thanks J.D !

I'm doing it from home with my old books so dont have access to their app or online service. The cost of joining online is just too expensive. I did have it before and could only record HE's. The WW one is v good in comparison. I've got a food diary app so ill try and use that although it doesn't let you separate your HEs from your food. Thanks for your reply tho!

Oh I see. Good luck with that app. I know what is a healthy extra and syns on MFP just by looking at it but if the calories concern you and you just want to do Sw then you need something that works for you. Agreed, online is way too much money up front

the SW website on your phone is brill now its mobile phone friendly so kinda use it like an app if that makes sense? lol

why not just put it on your notes icon on phone? then you can just record everything x

Back