Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

G'day lovely - how are you doing? xx

Hiya Susie! I'm ok thanks, still plodding along, lol. Things are still bad with the knees, of course - I have to wait for the right one to improve before they'll move forward with replacing the left, so I'm going back in July. That's good timing, because after thinking long and hard I've decided to take early retirement at 55, so am planning to finish work on 7th July. It's a big decision and something of a leap of faith, but I'm excited now I've decided and can't wait! I may end up looking for a part time job further down the line, but will see how it goes. Gulp!! :)

How are you doing, hon? How's life in sunny Italy? Is it actually sunny at this time of year?! :) xx

Wow fantabulous news on the early retirement decision!!! It was hard for me to adjust to it at first but now the thought of working (office politics, commute, stress) just fills me with horror - life is for living, after all :). I'm so sorry to hear your knee is taking a while to heal - but it will, just look after yourself and rub lots of coconut oil into it.

We're getting a few sunny days now after three weeks of horrendous snow. It was Pioneer Woman HQ here for a while without water or power, but things are returning to normal - although the house is FULL of dust because I wisely or not decided to get the rewiring done - so, am holed up in the kitchen with the furbabies most of the day and night now. Short term pain for long term gain, that's the new mantra :D xxx

Morning, anyone who's still around! I can't believe it's been so long since I last updated on here. To be honest, I think it's a lot to do with the new interface on Minis, it's not a patch on the old app - or is that just me?!

So, I had a crazily busy last few months at work, with numerous sets of accounts and audits to get through, before leaving my job on 6th July. I then had two days of leisure, celebrating my birthday and retirement, which was lovely. Then, however, we collected our new 10 week old puppy, and I've basically been a full-time puppy mum ever since!! She's a Cavapoo, named Luna, and she's a loveable but mischievous ball of energy!

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

On the weight front, very boring, no change - maintaining around 9 stone, so all good!

Hope everyone is well! :) xx

Thanks for the kind words, Emmaline and Susie! Luna is a little sweetie (most of the time!) - her Mum is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and her Dad is a Miniature Poodle, so she's what they call an F1 Cavapoo. I must admit I'd never heard of them until earlier this year, when I saw something online and showed it to Paul and Kathryn, and we were all agreed that we wanted one when I retired!

Being retired is certainly different - it's taken me a while to adapt to it, to settle into new routines, but I think I'm getting there!

How are you both doing? Are you still in Italy, Susie? Have you got the scorching temperatures? At this point I'd settle for a bit of moderate warmth over here!! :) xx

Yep I'm still in Italy and it is blooming hideous weather wise, been in the mid to high 30s for 6 weeks now. Can't do anything except sit by the fan all day :(.

But I've not been happy here for a while now, so am coming back in October. I need to sort stuff out with my flat anyway, and I'm really looking forward to being back!

Yep I'm still in Italy and it is blooming hideous weather wise, been in the mid to high 30s for 6 weeks now. Can't do anything except sit by the fan all day :(.

But I've not been happy here for a while now, so am coming back in October. I need to sort stuff out with my flat anyway, and I'm really looking forward to being back!

Oh I'm sorry to hear you haven't been happy there, Susie. I suppose at least you know what it's like now, you gave it a go rather than always having to think "what if...". I hope the move back here goes smoothly for you. You'll certainly notice a change in the climate! I'm sick of seeing rain, but definitely wouldn't be able to cope with that debilitating heat! :) xx

Last edited:
Back