Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Hi anyone who's around! I've been very neglectful of my diary and the forum in general since having my op - naughty me! To be honest, I've been struggling since going back to work, as my knee is still very painful if I sit with it bent for long, and it's been getting me down that I don't seem to be getting the improvement I was hoping for. Ah well, I just keep plodding on, trying to work out how soon I can retire, lol. :D

On the plus side, I realised the other day that I have actually, properly maintained my weight over the last year - my weight now (8st 12lbs) is within a couple of pounds of what it was this time last year. That's a first! :)

I hope everyone is getting on well and looking forward to a few naughty treats at Christmas! :) xx

Good to see you Tracy:)

Sorry to hear that your knee operation has not been the success you had hoped for.(((HUGS)))

On a happier note...you deserve a big Congratulations & Well Done on maintaining your weight loss! :0clapper::thankyouthankyou::winner:

I'm so happy for you! You worked hard and stuck with it through the ups and downs and now you can enjoy your wonderful success. You are an inspiration to us all.

Hiya Tracy

So sorry your knee isn't showing improvements as quickly as you would like - I guess it will take time and lots of rest and care.

But ditto on the WELL DONE for maintaining, that is so great! You really are an inspiration xxx

Thanks so much, Mini and Tara. :) I'm very happy in the weight front. As for the knee, it's still a work in progress, hopefully - I'm seeing a different consultant in January to talk about my other leg, so may mention lack of progress with this one when I'm there.

I hope you're both doing well! :) xx

Keeping good Tracy! Thanks:)

It would be the icing on the cake for you if you were free from pain...I do hope your consultant can sort you out.

Hi Tacey
sorry your knee is still given you alot of pain but its great to see that you have still kept the weight off you have done amazing x x x

Hey, I've been reading through your diary and you're an inspiration!

I keep chopping and changing, but returning to good old fashioned calorie counting, and your journey shows that it really does work. Just the motivation I needed to give me a kick up the bum!

Hope you have a lovely day xx

Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear that I may have inspired someone else, in however small a way. :) Personally I don't think you can go wrong with calorie counting, it's certainly worked for me - I couldn't go low carb to save my life, lol. I'm looking forward to some naughtiness over Christmas, starting next week - I've managed to resist everything so far, but there's going to be no way round it soon! :D The hard part is getting back on the straight and narrow afterwards, but I've managed it the last five Christmases, so fingers crossed for a sixth!

I really hope everything goes brilliantly well for you, you can do it, you really can! :) xx

Hi anyone who's around! I've been very neglectful of my diary and the forum in general since having my op - naughty me! To be honest, I've been struggling since going back to work, as my knee is still very painful if I sit with it bent for long, and it's been getting me down that I don't seem to be getting the improvement I was hoping for. Ah well, I just keep plodding on, trying to work out how soon I can retire, lol. :D

On the plus side, I realised the other day that I have actually, properly maintained my weight over the last year - my weight now (8st 12lbs) is within a couple of pounds of what it was this time last year. That's a first! :)

I hope everyone is getting on well and looking forward to a few naughty treats at Christmas! :) xx
I suppose if I checked here more regularly I would have seen your post and replied sooner ;)
Had been thinking about you.. but have had such horrendous brain fog last couple of months.. I kept forgetting!!

Yes definitely sorry to hear that your knee op has not been as successful as you hoped !

What have the doctors said?

Well done on your maintenance!! Finally your body weight has settled and decided on what it wants to be :) Which is fabulous!

Hope you have a fantastic Christmas, enjoy your treats and I'm sure your be back on track afterwards :)

My Heath journey is still on going .. but perhaps next year with a few more tests they.. we can figure it out :) can only hope !

hi tracy hope you had a lovely christmas love x x x x

hi tracy hope you had a lovely christmas love x x x x

Thanks, Chezz! It's been a mixture really, with us all being ill in one form or another, and worries about my Dad, but we've had a nice time all the same. Hope you have too! I've put on loads of weight, of course, lol. :D xx

Happy New Year Tracy!

Hope everyone is feeling better - and how are your knees now? Sorry to hear your Dad isn't well, will cross fingers that he improves xxx

Happy New Year Tracy!

Hope everyone is feeling better - and how are your knees now? Sorry to hear your Dad isn't well, will cross fingers that he improves xxx

Thanks Susie! We're not too bad now - just in time to go back to work/college, lol. Dad is another matter, as he has a multitude of health issues, including dementia. We had to get a doctor out on Boxing Day, then an ambulance two days later, but he's still at home, plodding on with the help of carriers and family!

My stupid knees are still problematic, but that's nothing new, is it?! Next appointment is 17th Jan, so I'll see what's recommended.

I hope you're doing ok - was Christmas nice out there? :) xx

hi tracy how is your dad and happy new year hope your all ok x x x x

Christmas and New Year were lovely thanks Tracy - hard to believe it was 21 degrees and beautifully sunny on Boxing Day and now it's -6 and near blizzard conditions!

hi tracy how is your dad and happy new year hope your all ok x x x x

Hi Chezz! Happy new year to you too! Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while, naughty me! My Dad's still going, thanks! It's not easy, as I know you're aware, trying to sort the right level of care out for him, as he progresses with dementia and a number of other health problems, but he's getting a lot of support and we'll just have to see how it goes. How are you doing, hon? :) xx

Back