Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

That's great Aug/September is not far away :)

I'm slowly increasing my exercise again which is helping with my core strength.. Have to strengthen my abdomen muscles, yes they were stitched up but they are still weak..

Not on any pain killers apart from if I need them for normal aches and pains. Took a while for the tramadol to work its way out of my system/ with drawing off them this time was a bit harder, or I felt the effects of the withdrawal more .. Was the 3rd time I've used it.

Still swollen end of the day .. But only time will heal that issue :)

I was just looking at the pics of you at the christening - Tracy, I can't tell you what inspiration I take from them. I know you don't like to hear that sort of stuff much, but I re-read your diary, and I'm back on CC today :D xx

I was just looking at the pics of you at the christening - Tracy, I can't tell you what inspiration I take from them. I know you don't like to hear that sort of stuff much, but I re-read your diary, and I'm back on CC today :D xx

Thanks so much, Susie, that's so lovely of you to say and has given me a real lift on this grey day (bet it's nicer where you are!). It's hard to get my head round the idea that I could actually inspire anyone, as I think I just plod doggedly along, lol, but it's wonderful to think that I might. You can do it too, I know you can, just plug away at it a day at a time and all those days soon add up (to five years now in my case!). All the very best and thanks again. :) xx

Well, I had my annual birthday blowout last weekend, lol. You wouldn't think your weight could go up 9lbs in two days, would you?! Well it definitely can, lol. :D Thanks to a massive Toby breakfast, mountains of cake and chocolate, pizza, curry and pasta - boy did I feel ill! Anyway, weighed in today and I'm back down to 8st 12.4lbs, so 7lbs of the increase has gone, leaving me with a true gain of about 2lbs - I think that's deserved! Amazing what water retention does though, isn't it?! :)

My operation date has come through, for my kneecap replacement - 13th August, so four weeks today. Oh dear, here we go again! :) xx

9lbs is impressive, even if it is mostly water! :-D glad you had fun though.

Eek, for operation date. Hopefully this goes some way to sorting out the pain for you.

Wow sounds like a lovely b'day bash Tracy (did the same myself yesterday lol) - and brilliant that it's whooshied off so quickly! :)

Good news on the op date, let's hope this sorts it out for you once and for all and you can be pain free! I know I am really looking forward to losing more weight so I can walk to the letterbox without all the clicking and painful grinding!

I hope the operation went well and that they have given you some good pain medication :)

Hi All! Thanks for all your good wishes - I must admit I'd forgotten I'd put the op date on here, or I'd have updated sooner. They went and cancelled on me after my pre-op assessment, so I've pretty much been sulking ever since, lol. :D

The reason was that until the 17th July I'd been on the mini pill, and they said I'd need to be off it for at least six weeks before he'd operate. I've always been on the pill and it's never been an issue before. It was only because my GP said I didn't need it any more that I'd stopped it when I did! Anyway, the next earliest op date was 30th September, grrr. :( Then a bit later they rang up to say I'd also got a water infection so needed the anti-biotics. Long story short, they made me nauseous, so I was given anti-emetics, which made me REALLY ill, lol. So I've had a fun couple of weeks! :)

However, I've now got over having the op put back, and on the plus side will still be able to have my week off work with the family, that I thought was going to be replaced by post-op recovery - I'm off from the 25th August (GCSE results day, yikes!) then back on 5th September, so it'll be nice to have my first proper break since Christmas. :)

I weighed in at 8st 10.6lbs this morning, so bit of capacity there for pigging out in my week off! :)

Thanks again for all the good wishes - I'll store them up for September 30th! :) xx

Wow 8st 10.6 .. I think we need updated photos of you enjoying your holiday.. Please just don't buy a huge bunch of helium balloons.. Your float away ;) xx

Wow 8st 10.6 .. I think we need updated photos of you enjoying your holiday.. Please just don't buy a huge bunch of helium balloons.. Your float away ;) xx

Lol, thanks, Tara - I'll try not to float away, as I'm scared of heights!! :D I will try to get some pictures, I'm pretty hopeless at getting them taken unless my sister's around, as she's the keen photographer! :)

How are you now, Tara? :) xx

Oh poo to the doctors. it's weird that they didn't mention anything previously, I feel like the pill is quite common. Hope you're all better and you need to properly stuff your face on your week off, otherwise you'll be getting a telling off!

Lol, thanks, Tara - I'll try not to float away, as I'm scared of heights!! :D I will try to get some pictures, I'm pretty hopeless at getting them taken unless my sister's around, as she's the keen photographer! :)

How are you now, Tara? :) xx

Much better.. Still plodding (marking time lol) along with my weight loss.. Still slightly swollen along above my scar but its softening up.. I have some lymphatic massage to start once boys are at school again in September, which will help :)

Also been looking into why I have issues with appetite and portion control etc., read a book about Leptin resistance.. Makes a lot of sense.. Gives you some rules to follow to help reset Leptin and appetite etc the rules are able to be followed along side which ever diet that your following .. Of course the book has more info and expands on the rules in more detail :) so far I'm making headway..,

Rule 1: Never eat after dinner.
Allow 11 to 12 hours between dinner & breakfast.
Never go to bed on a full stomach.
Finish eating dinner at least three hours before bed.

Rule 2: Eat three meals a day.
Allow five to six hours between meals.
Do Not Snack.

Rule 3: Do not eat large meals. If
you are overweight, always try to finish a meal when you are slightly less than full; the full signal will usually catch up in ten to twenty minutes.
Eating slowly is important.

Rule 4: Eat a breakfast containing protein.

Rule 5: Reduce the amount of carbohydrates you eat.

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for a while, since my operation, and I hope everyone is doing well! :)

The op went according to plan (apart from a 24 hour delay when the hospital hadn't been sent a vital tool that they needed!). All pretty much as expected, I was in hospital for four days, being spoilt by the lovely food (it was a Nuffield hospital, but an NHS funded operation). I basically ate what I wanted, both in hospital and for a week after I got home, and put on half a stone as a result, lol. But I've been back on the straight and narrow for the last two weeks and weighed in at 9st 1.9lbs this morning - I can live with that. :D

The knee recovery is coming along - one issue seems to be with the scar. which is pulling very painfully when I do some of my exercises. But Paul got me some Bio Oil, and it helps if I rub it in whilst I'm stretching the scar. It'll get there! :) xx

So glad the op went well Tracy, I know recovery can be slow but the Bio Oil sounds good to help the muscles under the skin relax - apparently virgin olive oil is good too, a friend of mine used it on her (errhum) ladybits before giving birth and she swears it made all the difference :D. I dunno, give me drugs anytime! :D

And well done on whooshing away the gain, you are so good at this lark! xxx

Back