Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Tracy you look fantastic. Well done. :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Tracy

I'm ok. Tired and weary and not quite mentally in the zone but ok and definately not heading back to old ways just need to concentrate and focus. Get some energy and oomph back

Yes, I'm feeling a bit weary this week, think you're right about the weather, Rachel. I hate it myself - I'm just not a sun lover! At least I'm back on the straight and narrow after my birthday excesses! :) xx

Rachgleeson said:
Its warm here already. I could do with it cooling down a bit. Well done getting back on track. I wish I could :(

Thanks, Rachel. I wish I could offer some constructive advice, but I really don't know the magic ingredient to being "in the zone", because for years I wasn't, then for the last two I have been. Weird. When my daughter asked about it, because she needs to slim down a bit, I told her she needed to want to lose weight more than she wanted that cake or pasty, but I know that's overly simplistic, lol. Trouble is she's 13, wants to be slim, but also loves all the wrong food. Her eating is out of my control a lot more now she's older - she'll go off down to Asda with a friend and come back with rubbish for tea! So all I can do is advise her, and try my best to (finally!) set a good example. :) xx

Re: Tracy's Post-Op Countdown to the Big 5-0

The teenage years are such a hard time especially for a girl. I know I had friends who could eat everything and I joined them thinking I could too - not the case :( .

And you haven't been weird you have been brilliant lol

Rachgleeson said:
The teenage years are such a hard time especially for a girl. I know I had friends who could eat everything and I joined them thinking I could too - not the case :( .

And you haven't been weird you have been brilliant lol

Thanks, hon. I do worry about my daughter, because she's so much like me, physically, but you don't want to push them too hard in case they go fown a dangerous path. Difficult one! :) xx

Slimming world do something called Free to Go fir 11-16 year olds. It's great because they don't talk about weight loss with them but look at what they eat and encourage them to make healthy swaps rather than limit food. You should see if you can get hold of the books on eBay or somewhere

toofatkat said:
Slimming world do something called Free to Go fir 11-16 year olds. It's great because they don't talk about weight loss with them but look at what they eat and encourage them to make healthy swaps rather than limit food. You should see if you can get hold of the books on eBay or somewhere

Thanks, Kat, I'll have a look into that! :) xx

Well, I've just been to the hospital and am now on the waiting list for gall bladder removal - yay (sort of!!). It should be before 15th October, so hopefully done and dusted by Christmas. He did confirm that they can be caused by Orlistat, but can also be caused by weight loss, so who knows?! :) xx

Re: Tracy's Post-Op Countdown to the Big 5-0

That's what you get for losing all that weight lol. Glad you're getting it done though, you will feel so much better and should be able to get key hole surgery.

Lol, I know, serves me right doesn't it?! :D Must admit I'm quite keen to get it done so I can hopefully feel a bit better. How are you doing, Rachel? :) xx

Hi Tracy. Glad things are in hand re the op x as you say at least at least it will be done and dusted forXmas. Don't know where this year is going. Sorry you're struggling in the heat x

Aquasharine said:
Hi Tracy. Glad things are in hand re the op x as you say at least at least it will be done and dusted forXmas. Don't know where this year is going. Sorry you're struggling in the heat x

Thanks, Sharon! I was relieved he didn't try to fob me off with pain relief and an instruction to see how it went, which was my main fear. I know what you mean about the year disappearing, it's really scary!!

I'm afraid I've never been a lover of the heat, lol. My sister loves the sun and tans easily, we're very different! :) xx

Rachgleeson said:
I was fobbed off for 5 years with pain killers. So glad this isn't happening to you.

I am doing good thanks. X

Oh dear, that's not good - it's probably one of those things that vary from area to area. Just have to hope they keep to their word now, lol.

I'm glad you're doing well - sounds like you're well on track from what I've seen on your diary! :) xx

Hi I was reading that most people with Gall bladder issues are or may have a problem with gluten? Don know if you have looked at this angle?

Back