Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Hi Lexie! I think it's improving a bit, thanks. I don't feel as bloated from the CO2, just very sore around the four wound sites, but that's obviously to be expected! I'm feeling a bit fluey too, but I think that's down to a bug, hopefully, as hubby's got it too. I'll change the dressings tomorrow and see what's what.

How are you doing? Getting close to those elusive 11s now? I'm hoping to see that number maybe early in the new year - not going to pressurise myself to hit it any sooner, lol. :) xx

Glad you're feeling a bit better. As you say the actually wound is gonna be sore & tender. Get some echinacea in to you try & fight hubby's germs off!

Yeah I'm good, 11s getting really close & I'm scared cos every time I get here I seem to sabotage it! I can't this time though as I have a wardrobe of beautiful clothes that tell me I am meant to be a comfortable size 16!

I'm sure you'll get there soon, Lexie, and stay there too! I'm up by 400g from last week, but I'm not going to change any of my stats until it settles down a bit - I'm so horribly bloated I'm just glad it wasn't any worse, lol. :) xx

I'm sure you'll get there soon, Lexie, and stay there too! I'm up by 400g from last week, but I'm not going to change any of my stats until it settles down a bit - I'm so horribly bloated I'm just glad it wasn't any worse, lol. :) xx

400g is amazing really when you think what your body has been through honey! That'll be gone in no time but for now concentrate on recovering x

Lexie2005 said:
400g is amazing really when you think what your body has been through honey! That'll be gone in no time but for now concentrate on recovering x

Aww, thanks Lexie, I appreciate that. :) xx

Re: Tracy's Post-Op Countdown to the Big 5-0

Hi Tracy. You have the op over and done with thankfully. You are bound to be a bit bloated for a few days. Did you get the pain in the shoulder from the air they pump into you? Hope you're recovering well. Take it easy. Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Tracy. You have the op over and done with thankfully. You are bound to be a bit bloated for a few days. Did you get the pain in the shoulder from the air they pump into you? Hope you're recovering well. Take it easy. Xx

Hey Rachel! :) I haven't had shoulder pain, it's in my abdomen, and a really sore throat. My stomach is really swollen above my belly button, which has bruising all round it. I think the swelling's very common, and from what I've read can last for quite a while - typical, I finally get what could almost be described as a flat stomach, and now it looks like I've swallowed a blinking Christmas pudding, lol. :D xx

Last edited:
Rachgleeson said:
Yes I did. It was to do with the drain they had in one of my stitches. I kept bleeding.

Ah right - that's nasty, glad I don't have that problem and was back home the same day! :) xx

No, I bet it was horrible - must admit I hate hospitals! I'm feeling a bit rough today, TBH - I've been coughing all night, so it's hurt my stomach. I don't know if I've got a bug or whether it's the aftereffects of the anaesthetic - with having ME it can be difficult to know what's causing me to feel ill, lol. Gosh, I sound like a right moaner, don't I?! I'm ok, really, just indulging in feeling sorry for myself!! ;) xx

Rachgleeson said:
Don't be apologising. You are allowed to complain. Are you doing breathing exercises? Can help after surgery to keep your chest clear.

Oh, right, I didn't know about breathing exercises. I'll have to Google it. I was really struggling to breath easily when I was lying down at first, but it's eased a bit in that respect now. :) xx

Hi hun.
Just popping by to subscribe. I really hope you are feeling better soon! xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lozbo said:
Hi hun.
Just popping by to subscribe. I really hope you are feeling better soon! xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you! I'm a terrible diary keeper, it has to be said - maybe I'll try updating it more (but I really never do anything interesting, lol). :) xx

Thank you! I'm a terrible diary keeper, it has to be said - maybe I'll try updating it more (but I really never do anything interesting, lol). :) xx

Lol I am the same! ! :)

Tracy's Post-Op Countdown to the Big 5-0

Hi from Majorca. Popping in to check how you are, can see you've been quite under the weather post op x rest up and one day at a time, it will get better but be gentle on yourself and give yourself time. It is hard with ME to know for sure what causes things but the op drains your energy reserves and I'll impact greatly on the ME post op x your sustainable energy capacity will be less than usual, it would be for anyone but with ME the impact is much greater so do take it gently xx

France was fab Majorca is really lovely love Sharon xxx

Back