Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Well done lovely :D It will be worth it all very soon! :) I promise. You can wave that in Doctor Bumfaces face too :D

I think one your resolutions needs to be standing in front of the mirror to try and get your brain to catch up ;) It's weird how far behind it is!

PrincessSparklePants said:
Well done lovely :D It will be worth it all very soon! :) I promise. You can wave that in Doctor Bumfaces face too :D

I think one your resolutions needs to be standing in front of the mirror to try and get your brain to catch up ;) It's weird how far behind it is!

Lol, my worry is that I'm going to be one of those people who are in more pain after than before - I really don't want to have to go and tell the lovely surgeon that, it'll make his day! :D

You're right about my brain needing to catch up! It is getting better though, I feel slim some of the time now!! :) xx

My mum had both knees replaced.. After her first knee op her knee felt great pretty quickly, the 2nd one she was a good 8 maybe even 9 months I would say before she really felt the benefit of having them both done, her consultant said they had had a much harder task doing her 2nd knee when she queried the difference sometime later, they said little things like this can really impact ... So don't give up hope xx

Really hope it won't be much longer for you lovely :( Maybe the cold isn't helping it? I have arthritis in my left knee and it's aching like mad in this weather.

LisaM1977 said:
My mum had both knees replaced.. After her first knee op her knee felt great pretty quickly, the 2nd one she was a good 8 maybe even 9 months I would say before she really felt the benefit of having them both done, her consultant said they had had a much harder task doing her 2nd knee when she queried the difference sometime later, they said little things like this can really impact ... So don't give up hope xx

Thanks, Lisa, that's reassuring. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, touch wood! Was your Mum glad she'd had them done in the end? :) xx

PrincessSparklePants said:
Really hope it won't be much longer for you lovely :( Maybe the cold isn't helping it? I have arthritis in my left knee and it's aching like mad in this weather.

I must admit I keep wondering what effect the cold might be having - roll on spring!! :) xx

Thanks, Lisa, that's reassuring. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, touch wood! Was your Mum glad she'd had them done in the end? :) xx

Yes she certainly was, she still gets the odd twinge but she manages to walk around disney at a slow pace now, whereas before the op she really really struggled (refused wheelchair)...
X

LisaM1977 said:
Yes she certainly was, she still gets the odd twinge but she manages to walk around disney at a slow pace now, whereas before the op she really really struggled (refused wheelchair)...
X

That's good to hear, Lisa, thanks for telling me. :) xx

Weigh in today - 10st 4lbs. Slightly surreal to now be nearer the 9s than the 11s! I think this puts me about halfway down the healthy BMI band for 5'8", so that's nice. :) xx

Back