Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Happy new year, everyone! :)

My new year's day weight is 10st 8.8lbs. It had gone down a bit lower yesterday, but then I had my final blowout day, lol. :D

It feels a bit strange going into a new year knowing I basically need to maintain rather than lose. 10.5 stone seems to be my "happy weight" and I'm less than a couple of pounds off that, so not a lot to lose. Very weird feeling! :) xx

Happy new year, everyone! :) My new year's day weight is 10st 8.8lbs. It had gone down a bit lower yesterday, but then I had my final blowout day, lol. :D It feels a bit strange going into a new year knowing I basically need to maintain rather than lose. 10.5 stone seems to be my "happy weight" and I'm less than a couple of pounds off that, so not a lot to lose. Very weird feeling! :) xx

You are awesome :) I wish my phone icons worked on here I wanted to do a thumbs up!! Xxx

wafflewaffle said:
You are awesome :) I wish my phone icons worked on here I wanted to do a thumbs up!! Xxx

Aww, thanks hon! :) It does honestly feel odd, because I've got so used to going into the new year needing to lose weight (whether I was actually intending to try to or not, lol). :) xx

Bless you! The world of maintenance hey. Set yourself a new challenge that is maybe exercise/movement related once your knee is better. Is there a walk you've always fancied doing or something? Xx

What on earth do you do with New Years resolutions when "losing weight" doesn't need to appear??? :D

Enjoy the feeling though, and many more of them to come!!

Lexie2005 said:
Bless you! The world of maintenance hey. Set yourself a new challenge that is maybe exercise/movement related once your knee is better. Is there a walk you've always fancied doing or something? Xx

Yes, that's a good idea. Just getting back some mobility and being able to drive again would be my greatest ambitions at the moment. :) xx

Wow that must feel really weird Tracy, but what a lovely feeling at the same time xx

Stackhead said:
What on earth do you do with New Years resolutions when "losing weight" doesn't need to appear??? :D

Enjoy the feeling though, and many more of them to come!!

Lol, I know, that's what's confusing me. :D As I said above, my main aim needs to be to get my knee better; it's got worse over Christmas, which has been a bit of a downer, so I'm hoping 2015 will bring some improvement. :) xx

LisaM1977 said:
Wow that must feel really weird Tracy, but what a lovely feeling at the same time xx

Oh it is lovely, don't get me wrong, lol. :D It's just a strange feeling, not knowing quite what to do, so I'm just carrying on as usual - 1,400 cals a day in the week, and a bit more at the weekend, and I'll see how I go at that. :) xx

Lol, I know, that's what's confusing me. :D As I said above, my main aim needs to be to get my knee better; it's got worse over Christmas, which has been a bit of a downer, so I'm hoping 2015 will bring some improvement. :) xx

Sorry to hear your knee hadn't been good :( xx

wafflewaffle said:
Sorry to hear your knee hadn't been good :( xx

Thanks, hon, it's getting me down now because the pain hasn't diminished very much, so it feels like it'll never get better. I really don't want to have to go back to see the consultant in two weeks time and have to tell him he was right, I never should have had it done, lol. :) xx

Thanks, hon, it's getting me down now because the pain hasn't diminished very much, so it feels like it'll never get better. I really don't want to have to go back to see the consultant in two weeks time and have to tell him he was right, I never should have had it done, lol. :) xx

Eeek, don't think like that, it will recover in time and it will all be totally worth it!
He defffo wasn't right! You need your mobility, you are young and deserve to be able to get around... It will come right don't worry.
I hope you feel better soon :( big hugs xx

wafflewaffle said:
Eeek, don't think like that, it will recover in time and it will all be totally worth it!
He defffo wasn't right! You need your mobility, you are young and deserve to be able to get around... It will come right don't worry.
I hope you feel better soon :( big hugs xx

Aww, bless you, I really don't feel young at the moment! :D xx

Hello sweetie, I've missed you - big hugs!

Don't fret too much about your knee, my friend's mum had hers done and it was quite painful for a couple of months but she's tearing around the place like no one's business now. Just do the exercises as often as you can and you'll be the same!

And fabuloso on being in maintenance - I can understand how weird that must feel, but in a way that's a good thing, isn't it, so there's no weight creep?

Sxxx

ladyfelsham said:
Hello sweetie, I've missed you - big hugs!

Don't fret too much about your knee, my friend's mum had hers done and it was quite painful for a couple of months but she's tearing around the place like no one's business now. Just do the exercises as often as you can and you'll be the same!

And fabuloso on being in maintenance - I can understand how weird that must feel, but in a way that's a good thing, isn't it, so there's no weight creep?

Sxxx

Hi Susie, I've missed you too!! :)

I do need to be patient with my knee, I know. It's just been disappointing, especially at this time of year, to be so immobile and in pain. But I know I chose to have it done, no-one made me, lol. :D xx

I've finally allowed myself to change my current weight on here to 10st 7lbs, lol, as I weighed in at just under that this morning. :) xx

Back