traing for a 10k run on lt

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by saffrons, 24 January 2010 Social URL.

1. saffrons

saffrons Full Member

well as added motivation i have signed up for a 10k run in may. has anyone else done any form of major exercise whilst on lt and how did they cope? im hoping i will be fine as i used to be a runner and last did this race in 07. im so worried about lose skin that i have decided to exercise and diet together as this is susposed to be better for the skin and will help it shrink as i lose weight

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scary_Cat_Lady

Scary_Cat_Lady Getting fat since 1980

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(30.98%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    wow... just thinking about that makes me hurt - lol.
    personally i couldn't even manage to make it up three floors of stairs at work this week, but then i am still very, very fat/unfit.
    good luck. (sorry that wasn't much help, was it?)

4. matt68

matt68 Don't Worry Be Happy

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    I was going the gym 3 times a week before i started lipotrim, 1hr cardio and 1hr light weights for toning after the 1st week on this diet i couldn't do the cardio and didn't feel like the weights so gave up until im off this diet. i just felt so drained trying to exercise.

5. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Training for a run may be a bit intense. You must remember that this diet has only 450 cals a day and this is just enough to keep your body ticking over. If you over exercise you are in danger of putting your body into starvation mode which means that you will stop losing weight as your body will try and retain the limited energy it has.
    It depends also on how active you have been prior to LT so it os best to ask your pharmacist about it.

6. Shangri-la

Shangri-la Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.14%)
    Diet:
    exante - working solution
    The pharmacist told me that its best not to exercise whilst on LT because at the end of the day, we are only on 400 or so calories per day so you could collapse. I have been told that to do exercise you'd want to be taken in carbs.

Having said that, i have been tired on lt and have not much energy and personally i really despise exercise anyway. lol!!!

7. harriet2

harriet2 serial poster

Goal Weight:
    68kg
    Diet:
    my own
    i too am training for a 10 mile run....tbh ive found they both dont go hand in hand with one another, you just get too exhausted. i love doing the cardio and weight training but thats enough..any long distances and my body just says nooo, cant do it and i flag very quickly. this is why ive decided to go back to eating whilst im training. i managed to double my output within a few days. says it all really

h xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.