Treat yourself

Allgold78

I have decided that since I have quite alot of weight to lose and it's gonna be a long hard slog to get there I need to give myself a little treat every now and again along the way. So my plan is to treat myself with every half stone I lose.

What to do though? I don't want to buy clothes because I will (hopefully) be too skinny for them soon. I don't want to buy a big bar of chocolate - where's the sense in that??? I still have to decide what to do.

I could do with some suggestions as to what to treat myself to. Does anyone else do this, or want to join me in doing it?

:553:

Have your hair or nails done......Go out for a special meal.......Have a day out to the seaside or in the Country.

I hope these will help you.

I did thinks like have my nails done, pedicure, facial, head massage etc, or you could treat yourself to a nice book, or some quailty time just doing what YOU want x

Every stone I lose I have a flexi syn day where I go out and have something that I have been depriving myself of, the first one we did was Pizza Hut. I didnt go overboard but I treated myself and it had no effect on my losses that week coz I just ate free food for the whole day other than that.
I dont tend to treat myself in any other ways really.

I have brought myself a charm bracelet and some charms and each time I lose a set amount I add one of the charms to the bracelet. My boyfriend has them for safe keeping and 'awards' me them as I lose. I think it was Cocktail Princess who suggested this orginally, and I love it as an idea :)

I also have a charm bracelet... I am buying the charms as I lose though, I don't have them already.

I buy myself one every time I get a half stone award (eg half, one and a half, etc) and my lovely OH buys me one for every time I hit a stone award.

Fingers crossed if I can lose 1.5lbs this week I can choose a new charm! Woop! :)

Charm bracelets are really popular and serve as a clear reminder of what you have achieved if you keep it on all the time. I rewarded myself with an exercise mat for my half stone and i haven't given myself a reward for my stone yet, but i'm planning to get 2kg weights so i can work more on my "bingo wings"! I have also planned to get a tattoo further down the line and when i reach target i'm going to treat myself with a supercar track day. It's better to reward yourself with non-food items if you can so your focus is not towards food, but towards something for yourself or to help you to goal. Having rewards is a great idea!

I also have a charm bracelet... I am buying the charms as I lose though, I don't have them already.

Yeah, I think that is a better way to do it. I just didn't want to have to pay the postage charge every time, so I picked some out in advance and my boyfriend will give me one at random.

what about an 'experience' like hot air balloon ride or rafting... something you wouldn't normally do, so it's memorable?

But I love the charm idea. I may do that myself.

I'm thinking of investing in one of the charm braclets as has not long reached my 1st stone award. :D

I have a Trollbeads bracelet and charms/glass beads (an idea which I totally stole from girls on this forum). I love buying my new beads and charms but they are a bit expensive - so they make good rewards. Sometimes (OK, I'll admit it, LOADS of times) I sit down and thunb through my little Trollbeads catalog thingy, instead of snacking. I write down what I want and design bracelets etc... Planning for the day when I have more than five beads/charms to my name. :D

Ok so ive decided to be greedy lol im going to treat myself to both a sweetie bracelet and a pandora one as ive just fellin love with all the different beads and charms i can get. :)

Rather than treat myself for every half-stone lost, I am waiting until I reach a size 14 and then I am going to treat myself to an Armani suit - I love them, but I will not allow myself to even try any on until I reach a size 14.

i didnt think of treating myself each time i reach a mile stone because i treat myself after weigh in everyweek regardless of loss or gain LOL .. but this charm bracelet idea is fab.. i might invest too!

I have a Trollbeads bracelet and charms/glass beads (an idea which I totally stole from girls on this forum). I love buying my new beads and charms but they are a bit expensive - so they make good rewards. Sometimes (OK, I'll admit it, LOADS of times) I sit down and thunb through my little Trollbeads catalog thingy, instead of snacking. I write down what I want and design bracelets etc... Planning for the day when I have more than five beads/charms to my name. :D

What are these? They sound interesting

Rather than treat myself for every half-stone lost, I am waiting until I reach a size 14 and then I am going to treat myself to an Armani suit - I love them, but I will not allow myself to even try any on until I reach a size 14.

Wow, now there's an amazing idea.

Back