Treating myself with out calories!

muppetgirly

Loser!
I have been wondering how to treat myself without buying choccies and other naughty things. My LLC told us it was important not deny the urge for a treat, but to turn it away from food and on to things like magazines, cosmetics etc.

I am trying to avoid buying clothes as I don't want to waste money on stuff that wont fit in a few weeks! But shopping has always been a big addiction for me!!

After week 1 I treated myself to new boots as I figure my feet wont get any smaller and I felt proud I had completed week 1 at 100%.

At LL group I have ordered a beautiful handbag which my LLC is holding on to until I lose a stone!

Today I am treating myself to a new hair cut. I am going to go for something quite radical as I want it to mark a significant change in my mind set. Hopefully it will turn out ok, and I will post the pics later.

What do other people do to replace the luxury of sweeties?

Hi Jen, I have had a problem with constantly treating myself before I embarked upon lighterlife lite. Because my weight has made me feel miserable I have compensated by spending a small fortune on make up, cosmetics, wrinkle creams, perfumes, yankee candles and handbags. :(

I have used these treats to compensate for feeling carp about myself and really have woken up to the fact that I shouldn't be rewarding myself for greed and gluttony.

I am now going to treat myself only after I have been weighed and lost weight. I need to reward my good behaviour not my bad.

I went to Costa's (similar to starbucks) yesterday afternoon after school with my daughter. Normally I would have had the same as her and had a hot choc with cream and a choc muffin plus whatever other delights I could feast on but yesterday I had a skinny latte (no sugars) and I was shocked to discover I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I said to my daughter that this would be a great way to reward myself, and we could go once a week. My lovely girl even went up to the food section and looked at all the food on offer and reported back to me that there was a mozzarella salad I could have if I wanted to make that my meal of the day.

So Jen, that is going to be my treat from now on and believe me it's going to be far more enjoyable having fun with my daughter than buying yet another lipstick.

oh about the hair, I have my hair in a style that is rather boring and not particularly flattering and I have worn it like that because since I've put on weight I haven't wanted to draw any attention to myself and dress drabbily and have my hair kind of nondescript. When I have reached my ideal weight I intend to have a much more modern hairstyle.

I think you are doing brilliant Jen and you and everyone else on here are spurring me on to do well, thank you. x

old%20hair.JPG

Hi St. A

I'm glad you have found a way to treat yourself and enjoy your daughters company. I think it is important to reward our weight loss!

A new hair cut has made the world of difference to be honest. I now feel ready to tackle this diet with avengance :D

I think I have attached my hair pics to this post!

Attachments

• newold hair.jpg
    newold hair.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 80
Back