Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Hello Ruth! I'm back and have just caught up with your diary!
Loving the foodie pics- I really must try some of your fab recipes. You look very happy in your pics too!
Edinburgh dress is stunning- really different! Hopefully your eBay selling will cover it and maybe more ;) getting rid of too big clothes is always good too- win win!
Sounds like you've got some real exercise focus too- it is hard when it feels slow but agree with you and Quins that building up slowly is the only way to do it.
Before my wedding I wanted to tone up my upper arms and back- you know just where your bra cuts in?- and did a few different weight lifting exercises. It was recommended to start with tins of beans etc. I remember starting with tins of mushy peas (smaller!) as I couldn't do the reps with the bigger ones! It made such a difference though.
Hope you're having a fab weekend! X

Lovely Rosie!!! So good to have you back!!!!
Thank you for the very kind words, I hope my clothes will cover the dress (although I'm sure they will) thank you for the advice regarding the arm exercises I will definitely have a look. Will just keep going with my stomach and possibly get some external advice!
I hope you had a wonderful time away- you have been missed!!

Ruth
X

image.jpeg Breakfast!
2 Eggs, 3 Slices Smoked Bacon, 3 Heck Family Favourite GF Sausages (9), Beans, 4 Mushrooms, 2 Oranges, 1 Apple

Ruth
X

Aw thanks, it's good to be back! Was just saying to Sam, I like going on hols but I love coming home. I see it as a good thing- I have a nice home life :)
You're doing so well, it's natural to want to step it up just go steady! I think I found the video tutorials for my arm exercises on Pinterest when I was looking for wedding ideas. I think with the tins I did basic bicep curls, then had my arms by my sides, hands holding tins facing down and raised (kinda like flapping?!), then holding my arms out in front of me, spreading them out (like your going for a hug) and drawing them back together. Then some tricep dips using the sofa or bed frame. I gradually increased reps and it was harder than it sounds!
Re tummy I'm useless at crunches or sit ups but I did my best. External advice would be a good idea so you don't injure yourself!
Happy eBaying (it is good but the picture taking part in tedious!). I found using the app the fastest way.
Breakfast looks yum and has made me hungry, so I'm going to go and make something! X

Aw thanks, it's good to be back! Was just saying to Sam, I like going on hols but I love coming home. I see it as a good thing- I have a nice home life :)
You're doing so well, it's natural to want to step it up just go steady! I think I found the video tutorials for my arm exercises on Pinterest when I was looking for wedding ideas. I think with the tins I did basic bicep curls, then had my arms by my sides, hands holding tins facing down and raised (kinda like flapping?!), then holding my arms out in front of me, spreading them out (like your going for a hug) and drawing them back together. Then some tricep dips using the sofa or bed frame. I gradually increased reps and it was harder than it sounds!
Re tummy I'm useless at crunches or sit ups but I did my best. External advice would be a good idea so you don't injure yourself!
Happy eBaying (it is good but the picture taking part in tedious!). I found using the app the fastest way.
Breakfast looks yum and has made me hungry, so I'm going to go and make something! X

Thank you so much for the advice I will certainly have a look!! And have a go with the endless tins of mushy peas that we have in the cupboard!
It's going to take me ages to do eBay so I'm not looking forward to it.... It will be fine though :) I also love going away but coming home too- I bet your animals were glad to see you!

Enjoy your breakfast!!

Ruth
X

Thank you! I know only 17lbs eek but I am going to see how I feel at 12 stone as I may go 1/2 stone lower (I haven't decided yet) as my heaviest was 14. 13 but I managed to get myself down to 14. 7 prior to starting (through my doctors) but not sure how I'm going to feel. Don't want to look ill/gaunt etc!

How are you doing?

Ruth
X

Tbh I have set myself a random goal within the recommended weight but I am going more on clothes size and how I feel. My doctor isn't a great believer in bmi or the weight charts luckily so he is supportive. Yours sounds similar, just go with how you feel and what makes you happy

Tbh I have set myself a random goal within the recommended weight but I am going more on clothes size and how I feel. My doctor isn't a great believer in bmi or the weight charts luckily so he is supportive. Yours sounds similar, just go with how you feel and what makes you happy

I think that's a really good idea. I have my follow up at the start of September with my doctor so I'm going to see what she says... I'm 4lb off my 'healthy weight' as per the standard BMI and weight charts. I got threatened with Orlistat Fat Binder last time I went so I'm hoping to impress! It's definitely not about the numbers but about how we feel :)

Have a wonderful day!

Ruth
X

2 cafetieres of coffee and a pot of green jasmine tea. I am gurgling, a lot... :p
Nipping to Asda in half an hour ish to buy some Cods Roe! Going to mix it with the lemon juice, yogurt, black pepper and get it blended. Serving it with crudités and some homemade chips :) good old yummy Taramasalata I hope it's nice now I've talked about it so much though ;)

Ruth
X

Just finished it now, was definitely very yum indeed! I saw on another thread that you are coeliac, I try and keep my diet as free of gluten and wheat as I can! Something doesn't quite agree with me although we can't quite pin point what!! Do you find it difficult or do you eat clean with no substitutes if you don't mind me asking?

Ruth
X
Hi Ruth .. I was the same for many years, including dairy but I'm ok with that now unless I've been glutened. For the most part I eat clean as I really don't like gf bread and its extortionate for what you get. I do have gf pasta maybe once or twice a month and occasionally the bfree wraps. I picked up a sweet potato wrap yesterday so looking forward to seeing how they go.

Hi Ruth .. I was the same for many years, including dairy but I'm ok with that now unless I've been glutened. For the most part I eat clean as I really don't like gf bread and its extortionate for what you get. I do have gf pasta maybe once or twice a month and occasionally the bfree wraps. I picked up a sweet potato wrap yesterday so looking forward to seeing how they go.

Wow sweet potato wraps they do sound really interesting! I found some Bfree wraps and Bfree pitta bread and have found them both really tasty but yeah they are expensive and all of the others I have tried have been horrid so I too tend to eat clean.

Have a fab Sunday!!

Ruth
X

2 cafetieres of coffee and a pot of green jasmine tea. I am gurgling, a lot... :p
Nipping to Asda in half an hour ish to buy some Cods Roe! Going to mix it with the lemon juice, yogurt, black pepper and get it blended. Serving it with crudités and some homemade chips :) good old yummy Taramasalata I hope it's nice now I've talked about it so much though ;)

Ruth
X
I really hope it's nice as well! I love taramasalata so will be making it if it is x

Wow sweet potato wraps they do sound really interesting! I found some Bfree wraps and Bfree pitta bread and have found them both really tasty but yeah they are expensive and all of the others I have tried have been horrid so I too tend to eat clean.

Have a fab Sunday!!

Ruth
X
They are bfree ones and I found them in tesco .. I'll let you know what they are like. Most gf stuff is pretty grim isn't it lol

image.jpeg
Dinner!
Homemade Taramasalata (2) with Carrot sticks, Bfree Pitta (HEB) and homemade chips

Ruth
X

Does it taste as nice as expected? Looks like a lovely tea x

Yes it's lovely! It needs a lot of hand blending- a good 5/6 minutes as the roe is so grainy and it needs to be smooth. It's yum!
Thank you! I'm over the moon!!!

Ruth
X

So glad it was nice for you! I might have to give this a go :) X

It was lovely- I should have split it in two! It could easily have served two! I would definitely recommend it :)

Ruth
X

This week: 60.5/105 Syns so far
We have one of those M&S Meal for 2s tonight so we are having a whole chicken, got some veg and some elderflower Presse (5) and my favourite blue cheese. Will round off my Syns nicely post weigh in!
Really pleased with myself this week. I really enjoyed it and think that I pushed myself a bit more with the extra speed foods!
This is my last 100% weigh in before naughtiness on Friday and Sunday however I need to keep thinking that it's 2 meals out of 21 and only a yearly thing :)

Ruth
X

Breakfast this morning... Frozen fruit and honey (1) still full from last night!
image.jpeg

Ruth
X

Glad your Taramasalata turned out as you'd hoped! Can't argue with plenty of speed- that's a lot of carrot!! Haha
Hope you're looking forward to your treats :) sometimes there's a hint of dread about it especially if you've been as good as you have been- you don't want to be thrown off kilter. But as you say, 2 meals out of 21 and it's only once a year! X

Back