Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Loving your work gear! And it must feel good pitting it on and it being a better fit! My uniform for work is the standard nhs Scotland nurse uniform so it's not flattering or sexy as the whole nurse thing is played out to be (and the job is far from glamorous) haha! It is comfy though and getting looser ;)

I gained 1.5lbs this week. I was so upset. I was really good this week. Refused all the donuts and cakes handed in at work today and dodged a take away last week. I think totm wishes to make an early appearance (still not managed to sort my cycle out!!) So it'll hopefully balance out next week.

Love that you asked for a fruit salad for desert! What willpower. Amazing how body changes and pallet too.

Hope your good.

Natalie xx

Sometimes we do that- our bodies that is. It's just one of those things and I'm sure it will balance itself out just fine next week :) stick with it though, I promise you it will be worth it.
Booo to both the totm and gain though!
I don't mind what I'm wearing it's just the fabric these trousers are made of! I can't even put an ounce on! They aren't tight but they're really heavy!!! I bet you look just lovely in your Scottish Nurses Uniform haha! Can't wait to get back into my normal office clothes if I'm truthful.. Glad your uniform is getting looser for you though :)
I will definitely be getting a fruit salad tonight and my steak salad too! I just can't do any of the starters, it's all ribs and wings and prawn cocktail etc! To be honest I had a sneak peak last night and they didn't look that nice either so it's all good!

Have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Fruit salad again this morning with a black coffee, but I did have the Fat Free Yeo Valley yogurt as they had ran out of Greek ones, so that's set me back 1.5 but it was worth it :)
I wonder if I asked them tomorrow, would they do me boiled eggs!!
Out at a 19 floor building in central Manchester today, and I'm scared of heights so this should be good. However I booked all of my own work so it's entirely my own doing haha.
Looking forward to chilling out a bit later! Tired today...

Ruth
X

Ive been working on a 19 floor high rise in central Manchester today...

Looking fabulous....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The view from the top!
image.jpeg
Lunch!
image.jpeg

Off the morrisons salad bar. All salad is free as is the boiled egg and then I had some curried rice? Only a spoonful :) unfortunately I have no idea on Syn value by it was the only gluten free salad item that wasn't veg or egg!!

Ruth
X

Last edited:
Sounds like you're doing really well in the circumstances Ruth!
I'm not too great with heights either- not sure when it came on as I wasn't bothered before but now looking down makes me feel a bit funny! X

I'm trying but I feel really bad not knowing Syns for dressings or the extra bits, my engineers are so bad haha!
I had to swallow my nerves earlier on... My engineer insisted that we checked one of the vents on the roof. We got taken up in a hoist... :eek: I just wanted to lay down, it was external to the building and everything.... I could have cried! Then I had to step over a gap onto the scaffolding and it was just horrid. I did remain professional though. It was a big orange cage :(
However for the rest of the works I did walk up and down the 19 flights of stairs so that's a bit of Body Magic!
How are you doing today??
I don't know whether to have wine with my dinner haha! I'm so hungry!

Ruth
X

You're doing well with fruit & veg though so that has got to count for something!
And trying to keep a lid on syns by not going totally mad.
It sounds really scary! Inside bits aren't so bad but outside heights make me feel very vulnerable. Well done for remaining professional!
Those stairs have definitely got to count for something.
I'm not doing too bad thank you, been working in this lovely sunshine all day today so feeling pretty shattered- all to do again tomorrow as well!
Food hasn't been excellent but not too bad- I will re-start a diary when I can settle back into a plan and feel more confident with it.
Maybe have the wine with tea! It will go straight to your head otherwise ;)

You're doing well with fruit & veg though so that has got to count for something!
And trying to keep a lid on syns by not going totally mad.
It sounds really scary! Inside bits aren't so bad but outside heights make me feel very vulnerable. Well done for remaining professional!
Those stairs have definitely got to count for something.
I'm not doing too bad thank you, been working in this lovely sunshine all day today so feeling pretty shattered- all to do again tomorrow as well!
Food hasn't been excellent but not too bad- I will re-start a diary when I can settle back into a plan and feel more confident with it.
Maybe have the wine with tea! It will go straight to your head otherwise ;)

Yes hopefully!! It was awful but I'm so proud of myself now I have done it :) how lovely to be working in the sunshine but I bet you are knackered! Not surprised!! I decided against the wine- have been good!
Yes, if you have a lot going on and it's not the best time to keep a diary then it's good you've made that decision, you sound to me like you're doing brilliantly and fitting it all in!

Ruth
X

And this is where I start to struggle...

I'm having for dinner- a mixed grill!
I spoke to the manager as I have a certain amount I can spend whilst I'm here (didn't realise) and I haven't really touched it. I'm having a chargrilled gammon steak, chargrilled chicken breast, sirloin steak with grilled tomato egg and I think it comes with a mushroom too.
It does come with onion rings and chips but I will see how I do with the other things first. I couldn't face another salad! It's all I've eaten for lunch and dinner since I've got here... I've also got a Diet Coke instead of wine and I'm gonna have fruit salad for dessert!

Ruth
X

Mixed grill sounds fab. Well done for resisting the wine, I don't think I would have haha.

I know what you mean about salad, can get so boring. If you are ever near a Marks and Spencer the beef salad bites are only 2 syns and definitely worth it for your lunch x

Oooo it was lovely :) well I've had it for the past two nights and I've got to be on the road for 7 tomorrow to get over to Liverpool on time so I'm being good :) thank you for the tip! Unfortunately I'm nowhere close :( when I'm at work I normally make all of my own food but I thought I'd treat myself for these few days! I miss my old food!!!
How has your day been?

Ruth
X

If you arrive at Lime Street tomorrow there is a Marks and Spencer food in the station, that's where I got mine from last time. Depending on where you are in Liverpool there might be one close, if not I'm sure there will be something else nice close.

My day has been good thanks just very very warm and had to pop into the town centre after work to go to John Lewis which was a nightmare haha. Just trying to motivate myself to move and wash my hair haha x

Right, dinner...
It didn't come with onion rings (I'm ordering off of the GF menu)
image.jpeg
I ate everything but the chips! (I had two little ones!!) and two sachets of Heinz Ketchup... Need to work out those syns! Obviously eating the other stuff first works!
then got this lovely fruit salad
image.jpeg

Ruth
X

If you arrive at Lime Street tomorrow there is a Marks and Spencer food in the station, that's where I got mine from last time. Depending on where you are in Liverpool there might be one close, if not I'm sure there will be something else nice close.

My day has been good thanks just very very warm and had to pop into the town centre after work to go to John Lewis which was a nightmare haha. Just trying to motivate myself to move and wash my hair haha x

Thank you I will certainly go and have a look!!!
Yes it's been very hot indeed! Yes it's horrid, I'm pleased to have a fan in my hotel room or I don't know what I would do!!!
Hope you feel a bit cooler soon!!

Ruth
X

Thank you I will certainly go and have a look!!!
Yes it's been very hot indeed! Yes it's horrid, I'm pleased to have a fan in my hotel room or I don't know what I would do!!!
Hope you feel a bit cooler soon!!

Ruth
X

I am fine now I am home haha got all the windows open. At least you have a fan, would be horrible otherwise x

image.png
Today's stats...
25 floors on my phone... Hahaha! 13 short but I won't complain. My legs are killing me and I'm exhausted.

Ruth
X

View attachment 183481
Today's stats...
25 floors on my phone... Hahaha! 13 short but I won't complain. My legs are killing me and I'm exhausted.

Ruth
X

That's brilliant! The most I have done is 18 floors. Still wished it counted going down stairs too though!! X

That's brilliant! The most I have done is 18 floors. Still wished it counted going down stairs too though!! X

Oooo I didn't realise that it didn't! Haha typical me! Legs don't hurt as much today thank goodness!
Have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Up at the crack of dawn this morning!
Promised that breakfast would be ready for 630 so I could have at least something.. Alas Premier Inn, it wasn't so no breakfast!
Lots of water when we got to site in Liverpool. Then one of the engineers took me to find lunch. Got a chicken tikka salad (and I asked for all salad!!!) from subway which is free on the app, with olives (1) I actually asked for 8... Which was so very yum! Got a Pepsi Max too!!
Currently coming into Leeds station so nearly home!!

Ruth
X

At home, could easily just collapse in a big heap on the floor. Alas, life goes on.
Washing machine on, smarten myself up and I'm off to class (different consultant, group etc) for 530... Will be interesting to see the result, it's been a bit hit and miss with me going away! A STS would be lovely :)

Ruth
X

Good luck and report back!!

Back