Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

D Day number 1 is tonight at 17:30 ish.

I remember doing this before and I wouldn't eat or drink anything on the day of weigh in, instead I smoked about 10 cigarettes and gave myself a migraine...
However I have a full breakfast, and I have made a Ham, Tomato and Olive salad for lunch, so just like any other day!
Let's see how it goes, there's a stand in consultant tonight as the normal lady is away.
I'm just hoping that with my tablets (Topimarate Topamax if anyone has heard of them) which are for my migraines but double up as anti-epileptic medication, I won't struggle, as I was told by my GP that my weight would change due to them, but I can only try.

Ruth
X

Hey! I've just read through your diary and would like to subscribe :) I'm restarting today after a very bumpy six months on and off plan and I'm thoroughly fed up with myself. I enjoyed reading your diary and your food posts too, I need inspiration and will learn from you no doubt.
My groups are on a Monday night too but unfortunately I can't go tonight, I've sold some furniture and tonight is the only night they can collect, so typical, I was ready for the group! But I used to do exactly what you were saying on WI day (minus the cigarettes), I would start off with cutting back on food and over the weeks it ended up being a day of total starvation. Not good. So well done for making it a normal day today and fingers crossed for your weigh in later.
Also, I totally get the whole worry/anxiety thing. There is much to be said for taking one day at a time. It's a cliche I know. But it always helps me to not think too far ahead.
And being on regular medication isn't an easy one, I hope they won't affect your results but in any case you're doing something really good for yourself and I'm sure you'll see the reward for that.

Hey! I've just read through your diary and would like to subscribe :) I'm restarting today after a very bumpy six months on and off plan and I'm thoroughly fed up with myself. I enjoyed reading your diary and your food posts too, I need inspiration and will learn from you no doubt.
My groups are on a Monday night too but unfortunately I can't go tonight, I've sold some furniture and tonight is the only night they can collect, so typical, I was ready for the group! But I used to do exactly what you were saying on WI day (minus the cigarettes), I would start off with cutting back on food and over the weeks it ended up being a day of total starvation. Not good. So well done for making it a normal day today and fingers crossed for your weigh in later.
Also, I totally get the whole worry/anxiety thing. There is much to be said for taking one day at a time. It's a cliche I know. But it always helps me to not think too far ahead.
And being on regular medication isn't an easy one, I hope they won't affect your results but in any case you're doing something really good for yourself and I'm sure you'll see the reward for that.

Hello and welcome :)

Looking at your stats you are an inspiration!!! Wowee!
Starvation is absolutely not good, my nights were a total write-off, and my consultant told me that I would actually do myself harm as I would be so desperate for food that I would reach for something bad and that an empty stomach causes problems anyway!! Thank you very much for your kind words and support- you sound like you have your head totally in the game, and I bet you're looking forward to next Monday, particularly as you cannot make it tonight!
In regards to the worry and anxiety thing- I always get asked about targets, goals etc and I now only say one stone and no more. If I said what I really thought I would be totally overwhelmed and there's just no point, so taking it one step at the time is always the best way!

Once again, lovely to see you on here and good luck for the week ahead.
I will nip and find your diary now!!

Ruth
x

Hey Ruth, I totally agree with the goal/target thing. It's amazing how quickly we can put ourselves under undue pressure. Although my long term goal is reaching 8st, it's not something I dwell on anymore. I reckon after the last six months of yoyo-ing I'm going to be back in the 11st bracket and I will just treat it as a number. My next goal will be the next stone bracket down. Simple. What does it really matter, at the end of the day the only way to reach the ultimate goal is to reach the ones along the way first. Looking forward to mutual motivation :) can't wait to hear about your weigh in x

Hey Ruth, I totally agree with the goal/target thing. It's amazing how quickly we can put ourselves under undue pressure. Although my long term goal is reaching 8st, it's not something I dwell on anymore. I reckon after the last six months of yoyo-ing I'm going to be back in the 11st bracket and I will just treat it as a number. My next goal will be the next stone bracket down. Simple. What does it really matter, at the end of the day the only way to reach the ultimate goal is to reach the ones along the way first. Looking forward to mutual motivation :) can't wait to hear about your weigh in x

I couldn't agree more with everything you have written! Got it in a nutshell!! Nice and slowly, one step at a time!! I want to enjoy it, not rush it, pressurise myself and end up being monotonous and boring myself out of doing well!
I hope that your furniture gets picked up on time tonight too! (Forgot to put that earlier!)

Ruth
X

I went to weigh in, and completely forgot it was a different consultant! She was very nice and it was totally heaving too!

I lost 1lb which I am extremely pleased about, given the changes and also my tablets! Any loss for me is wonderful- the GP told me that I may have a hard time so I was expecting a maintain or a 1/2 on!

Just coming home now as my OH is going to cook me a nice dinner (within SW guidelines of course ;) ) and I can relax for the evening!
Here's to another week ahead!

Ruth
X

I have just purchased myself this little beauty. A little treat from me to me!
It's for me to use when my four food diaries have gone back to my consultant. I am so excited for it to arrive!
I thought it would also be good because it also has area for recipes etc seen as the OH and I cook so much!

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Monday 18th April

Breakfast
1/2 Grapefruit
Caramel & Peanut Mullerlight Yogurt
Black Yogurt
2x Cherry Bakewell HEB Alpen Bars

Lunch
Shredded Ham
Plum Tomatoes
Olives (1)
Mixed Salad Leaves
1/2 Tsp English Mustard (1/2)
1 Tbsp Light Hellmanns Mayonnaise (2)

Dinner
Chicken Breasts
Chopped Tomatoes
Tomato Purée
Parsley
Garlic
Basil
Olive Oil 1 tbsp (6)
S&P
HEA reduced fat cheddar
1 egg
7.5g flour
Wholewheat fusilli
Dried chilli flakes
Grapes & Blackcurrants with 1 tsp of Hazelnut chocolate spread on top- that I randomly found in the back of the cupboard?! (best thing I have ever thought of to satisfy a craving!) (1 1/2)

= 11 Syns- and very tasty.

I need to make more of an effort to eat my Syns! The stand in consultant mentioned it on the days that I ate less than 5 a day... So my challenge is to try and eat around 10... It will probably go on honey or avocado!:rolleyes:

Ruth
X

I went to weigh in, and completely forgot it was a different consultant! She was very nice and it was totally heaving too!

I lost 1lb which I am extremely pleased about, given the changes and also my tablets! Any loss for me is wonderful- the GP told me that I may have a hard time so I was expecting a maintain or a 1/2 on!

Just coming home now as my OH is going to cook me a nice dinner (within SW guidelines of course ;) ) and I can relax for the evening!
Here's to another week ahead!

Ruth
X

Congratulations! That's a great result, so pleased for you.

And I love the doodle diary, so cute, I bet that is a great motivator. And your dinner ingredients last night sounded really good, what did you make with it, a sort of pasta bake?

Yeah, the syns thing...I'm a bit warped in my head from years and years of struggling with eating disorders so I find it really hard to use the syns at all. In my head, not using them is better for some reason. I thought if I don't use them on trigger foods that make me crave more but perhaps on good things like healthy oils that might be a good idea.

Hope you have a good day today :) Bee xx

Congratulations! That's a great result, so pleased for you.

And I love the doodle diary, so cute, I bet that is a great motivator. And your dinner ingredients last night sounded really good, what did you make with it, a sort of pasta bake?

Yeah, the syns thing...I'm a bit warped in my head from years and years of struggling with eating disorders so I find it really hard to use the syns at all. In my head, not using them is better for some reason. I thought if I don't use them on trigger foods that make me crave more but perhaps on good things like healthy oils that might be a good idea.

Hope you have a good day today :) Bee xx

Hey Bee!

Thank you for the kind words! My OH made it! It was out of one of our books, it should have been called Chicken Parmigiana with Parsley Butter Tagliatelle....
It's basically chicken coated in flour, fried and then oven cooked in a basil, tomato and garlic sauce served with pasta topped with some cheese and chilli! We totally omitted the bad bits, no butter etc!
The original recipe had the chicken fried in butter and cheese, and then it was also topped with mozzarella but I didn't bother and we just used an egg and the least amount of flour possible!

In regards the the Syns, I used to do all sorts, alcohol, McDonald's, everything! Today I had some avocado and it was lovely!! Wish I had learnt much sooner :rolleyes: I haven't really craved much at all! I find that if I eat them then I actually get a taste for them!

Hope that you're well and having a good day!

Ruth
X

This is what my kitchen looked like this evening... Dual effort for cooking tonight!
(The rum was for cooking!)
Just about finished, can't wait to sit down and eat. Totally exhausted. :oops:

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

image.jpeg This was tonight's dinner. Slightly odd but nice!

Jerk Chicken (made SW friendly of course...) with paprika potatoes, aubergine and sweetcorn.
Serves 2:
2 tbsp Bacardi Gold Rum
2 tbsp White Vinegar
2 bay leaves
Ground Allspice (homemade with mixed spices)
Ground nutmeg 1 tsp
Ground cloves 1 tsp
Ground Cinnamon 1 tsp
Tarragon 1 tsp (should have been thyme)
2x Garlic Cloves
1/3 Onion- Diced
1 tsp Runny Honey*
1 tsp Salt
1 large red chilli or 2x small red chillies

2x chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
Frylight
Sprig fresh rosemary
Sprig fresh coriander

Preheat oven at 220/fan 200.
Cut chicken breasts almost in half but leave 1 inch at the top in tact. Coat with S&P and spray with Frylight. Put in a preheated griddle pan on a medium heat and leave to cook.
Meanwhile put all of the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blitz until you form a paste.
When this is done. Turn the chicken pieces over. Get an oven proof dish and lay the chicken pieces in it, spoon the sauce over the top and place the rosemary and coriander on top. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.

Boil some new potatoes or cut some larger potatoes in half (skin on) for 10-15 mins. Drain, put back in the original pan, add salt, pepper and paprika and shake to roughen. Add frylight. Pour onto a wire mesh tray and bake for 15 minutes.

Boil some chopped up Aubergine and microwave some sweetcorn.

Yummy. This works out at 2.5 Syns per serving with 2 for the rum and 1/2 for the honey (*as my OH measured it and you know what boys can be like :rolleyes:) I found that 35ml of rum is 4 and a standard tbsp in UK measurements is 17ml so 2 per tbsp will do?

Well worth it!

Ruth
X

Tuesday 19th April

Breakfast
1/2 Grapefruit
Raspberry & Cranberry Mullerlight
Coffee with HEA allowance

Lunch
Plum Tomatoes
Wafer thin ham
50g Avocado (5)
1/2 tbsp Light Mayo (1)
1/2 tsp English Mustard (0.5)

Dinner
Jerk Chicken with Paprika Potatoes, Aubergine & Sweetcorn including HEB for possible use of Olive Oil! (2.5)
Frozen Fruit & 1 tsp Hazelnut spread (1.5)

= 10.5 Syns!

Just ate a pack of six large tomatoes, oops (but so worth it, yum) :p
Everyone else in the office ate slices of Curd Tart from Betty's*

*A posh tea room in Harrogate that likes to make exceptionally synful cakes! (They are a bit yummy though)

Ruth 1
Betty's Curd Tart 0

Ruth
x

So I went to Waitrose (I work next door) and bought £20 of frozen fruit. They're on 2 for £4, and I like them more than Asdas!
Also, their Twinings is 2 for £2.50!

That's me done for a fair bit! I need to be prepared or I am totally horrendous

Ruth
X
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Dinner tonight is one of OHs concoctions with whatever is left in the fridge as we need to go shopping this weekend... (Serves 2)

We had some left over potatoes from yesterday (we cooked a batch off) and he made a rough mash with some Olive Oil (HEBs worth). So we have got a casserole dish, put mixed frozen veg on the bottom alongside 16 olives, crushed garlic cloves, sliced ginger, 1/2 white onion, a couple of red chillies, 3 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp honey, the juice from 2 limes and 2 diced chicken breasts. Then we have topped the casserole dish with the mash and put it in the oven! We will have it with some cheese (when it's done cooking!) which will be my HEA sorted too. That is 4.5 Syns per serving plus your HEA and HEB. The mustard worked out at 1.5 Syns for 3 tbsp so rounded up to 1 syn each. The olives were 1 syn per person and the honey was 2.5 per tbsp.

Well worth it for a mash laden filling casserole!

Ruth
X

Wednesday 20th April

Breakfast
Peach Slices
Black Coffee
Cherry Mullerlight

Lunch
2x Boiled Eggs
Shredded Ham Slices
50g Avocado (5)
6 Plum tomatoes
Mixed Salad leaves

Dinner
Chicken, mixed vegetable and mashed potato casserole! (4.5) including HEA and HEB- it was lovely!! Here is a pic although I added my cheese afterwards...
Frozen cherries and grapes with 1 tsp hazelnut spread (1.5)

= 11 Syns

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Back