Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Saturday 14th May

Copacabana Mullerlight
Assam Tea
Mandarins

Caesar Salad:
Mixed Lettuce Types
Chicken Pieces
3 Anchovies- not in oil*
Bacon Pieces
Parmesan Shavings- there were less than 30g so I will take it as my HEA
Poached Egg
1 tsp Caesar Salad Sauce (5?)
Diet Coke
Black Filter Coffee
Frozen Mango, Melon, Papaya & Pineapple

*in regards to the anchovies, I have read my book and read forums, sites etc and the Syns are for the oil... Bit clueless as how to proceed.

Dinner
Chicken & Red Pepper Marinade Curry with Curried Cauliflower, Potatoes and Brown Rice
Olive Oil (6)
Chicken Breasts
Ginger
Chillies
Garlic
Red Pepper
Onion
Turmeric
Cumin
Coriander
Turmeric
Cayenne Pepper
Water
Lemon Juice
Salt
Pepper
Mint
My parents made me curried cauliflower and curried potatoes. My dad loosely follows SW too and fried cauliflower and new potatoes in cumin seeds, turmeric and Frylight.
Brown Rice
Frozen Raspberries
1 Egg
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder (1)
2 tbsp Sweetener
1 tsp Hazelnut Spread (1.5)

= 13.5 Syns

Ruth
X

Last edited:
Dinner (yum)

Ruth
X

image.jpeg

Hello and thank you :)
How are you doing? Hope you have a nice weekend!!!

Ruth
X

I am good thanks, how are you? I went out a walk with my little girl earlier to tire her out and get me some exercise whilst suns out (success all around). OH finally has day off tomorrow so having a family day. Hope weather continues so can do something out doorsy. He also wants to go to a car very for dinner tomorrow but I think if I stick to meat n veg I should be ok. It'll be tough to walk past the yorkshire puds though... Lol! But seeing others make such sensible decisions eating out makes me realise it can be done! And writing everything on here makes me double think before I eat :rolleyes: enjoy rest of weekend xx

I am good thanks, how are you? I went out a walk with my little girl earlier to tire her out and get me some exercise whilst suns out (success all around). OH finally has day off tomorrow so having a family day. Hope weather continues so can do something out doorsy. He also wants to go to a car very for dinner tomorrow but I think if I stick to meat n veg I should be ok. It'll be tough to walk past the yorkshire puds though... Lol! But seeing others make such sensible decisions eating out makes me realise it can be done! And writing everything on here makes me double think before I eat :rolleyes: enjoy rest of weekend xx

I am very good thank you for asking. Had a bit of a migraine headache since Wednesday that won't shift but I am determined to get rid at the gym later!
Oh your family day sounds lovely, and roasts are great although when I used to eat Yorkshire Puds I almost had to shut my eyes to stop myself going near them haha! It definitely can be done, lots of veg and some lean meats, nothing better than a good old roast dinner!!
Have a lovely time today, and enjoy the rest of your weekend too!

Ruth
X

Off for coffee with my parents today before hitting a couple of charity shops again. In my new job I have a jacket and Tshirt provided but need a couple more skirts so going to see what they have!
Then back home and to the gym! See if I can shift this awful headache that's been in the back of my head since Wednesday, then I need to put dinner in the slow cooker and do the rest of my OHs ironing as he is totally exhausted (I am good haha!)

Need to also chill out for a bit. Weigh in tomorrow too!

Ruth
X

I have been a bit busy!
I still feel totally shocking :( I used to have very severe anxiety so I am worried that I have slightly overdone it so I'm just keeping myself busy but chilling at the same time!

Slow cooker is on for dinner!
I am making the following- Chicken, Bacon and Leek Stew. 2 Syns per serving. (1 tbsp of Honey is 3.5 Syns so I figured 1.75 would be rounded up!)
2 chicken breasts cut into strips
2 mushrooms (add more if you like but my OH doesn't like them!!)
3 rashers of thick bacon, fat removed (pref smoked) stripped
1 large onion, roughly chopped
2 sliced garlic cloves
1 courgette, sliced and then cut in half
1/2 a leek, sliced
600ml of chicken stock (I will pop a picture on of the one I use which is free)
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried garlic powder
S&P
1 tbsp Honey (runny)
Capers (2 tsp)
Put everything into a slow cooker on medium for 6 hours. If you like the stew with plenty of stock, leave it as it is, if you like it with less, take the lid off for the last 2 hours.

The last picture is just now (2 hours in!)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I have also made some baked oats, one servings worth have filled 3 of my ramekins haha!
image.jpeg

Finally, this was my lunch today, which was lovely!!!
image.jpeg

That's enough pictures.
Back to the ironing!

Ruth
X

Wow loving the food pics Ruth ! :D You sound like you pack a lot in your day. It's good to take some timeout for yourself too to chillout and relax :), bit worried bout your anxiety though hun. I hope you take out some "Ruth" time for yourself in the day. If your away with the fairies like me ;) , then I find meditation helps, I have an app that I use a lot, it really helps with my anxiety. Gym and exercise is another good way of releasing tension and headaches. Some people find reading a book is a good way to unwind or listening to music.

Now for the more important stuff, ... when you calling me around for dinner ? :eat: :p

Kay xx

Wow loving the food pics Ruth ! :D You sound like you pack a lot in your day. It's good to take some timeout for yourself too to chillout and relax :), bit worried bout your anxiety though hun. I hope you take out some "Ruth" time for yourself in the day. If your away with the fairies like me ;) , then I find meditation helps, I have an app that I use a lot, it really helps with my anxiety. Gym and exercise is another good way of releasing tension and headaches. Some people find reading a book is a good way to unwind or listening to music.

Now for the more important stuff, ... when you calling me around for dinner ? :eat: :p

Kay xx

Thanks lovely Kay :)
My OH is at work so it's my turn to make the dinner!
I stressed myself out because I had to sneak around behind my employers back to get my new job and it's caught up with me, so I'm alright, I just don't like deceiving anyone that's all haha! I'm in my pyjamas ironing tshirts and watching father ted (making the most of the time on my own!) :D plus I'm feeling pretty icky with totm still.
I would be in the gym (I normally am at a weekend) if I didn't feel so icky :( Im gonna sit and read when I've finished ironing which isn't long, ooo I will have a look at apps, although when I go out, I use music as a great way to relax. Always got my headphones in :D

You are welcome round for tea whenever you like hahaha!! It would be great!!!

Ruth
X

I just returned from our 'carvery' and it was disgusting :( I looked forward to it all day and the meat was all fat so by time I removed it I had none left. Not even exaggerating! And every bit of veg was either swimming in butter or oil. It was one of they ones you pay upfront bot at end so they weren't interested how annoyed I was. Will not be going back! I couldn't even stomach taking a picture to show how bad it was!

Like you I stood this morning and done my ironing. I luckily get to do all the ironing in our house and between my OH and my daughters piles it takes forever! We went out your enjoy the lovely sunshine afterwards though so it was a good day except the dinner!:mad:

When do you start new job? I never go in charity shops except to donate stuff. It's silly really cos we hand in loads with labels on it but never look for a bargain while I'm in.

Hope everyone's having a good day:) x

Hello, I Would like to follow

I just returned from our 'carvery' and it was disgusting :( I looked forward to it all day and the meat was all fat so by time I removed it I had none left. Not even exaggerating! And every bit of veg was either swimming in butter or oil. It was one of they ones you pay upfront bot at end so they weren't interested how annoyed I was. Will not be going back! I couldn't even stomach taking a picture to show how bad it was!

Like you I stood this morning and done my ironing. I luckily get to do all the ironing in our house and between my OH and my daughters piles it takes forever! We went out your enjoy the lovely sunshine afterwards though so it was a good day except the dinner!:mad:

When do you start new job? I never go in charity shops except to donate stuff. It's silly really cos we hand in loads with labels on it but never look for a bargain while I'm in.

Hope everyone's having a good day:) x

Oh no that's awful!!!! :( I can't believe that they weren't interested at how upset you were either, what a shame! :(

We tend to just do our own ironing and bits and bats although I often do bits of my OHs without him noticing (he used to live in supported housing with carers so loves his independence including washing and ironing which is bliss for me haha!) It did look so lovely outside! I unfortunately was in my pyjamas by 1:30pm I am ashamed to admit.

I start my new job 1 week tomorrow! Very excited indeed :) I have just filled up 2 bags worth for Cancer Research after our consultant gave us some bags but in Harrogate where I live there are loads of really good charity shops right in the Center so it's always worth a good look!

Hope that the rest of your day was a bit better! Still can't get over the carvery, how naughty of them :eek:!

Ruth
X

Following too. 1st weigh in last week so I'm a newbie so looking for any tips!!

Hello! Nice to see you here!!
How are you feeling with it all? You finding it ok? Best tips really are to always plan if you can, keeps lots of snack within arms reach! Also don't forbid anything!!!! If you forbid then you always automatically want it (in my experience)
Another one- when I was younger, I used to plan meals 2/3 days ahead, but never fancied them when I got to that day so ended up in a right mess so I make sure I have enough food/ingredients in to make enough meals but also a good variety too!
Don't think you're eating too much, I eat 2 lunches all of the time, and love it! Hahaha!

Hope this helps :)

Ruth
X

So, D Day number 5 tomorrow.
First proper one on TOTM and I'm feeling like a beached whale, so that doesn't help.

However after reading my books and chilling out for the rest of the afternoon my headache has officially gone! Bit sad I couldn't get to the gym but I really had to shift my headache, so I will just have to go at the weekend and possibly on Friday night to make up for it!

The stew was lovely for dinner- I actually turned it up high and left the lid off for the last hour (at my OHs request!) and he made some Mash to go with it too! Then a frozen Mullerlight and some very tasty and v expensive Muscat Grapes that my dad bought me from M&S as a bit of a treat for afters.

Verdict on the baked oats- they tasted ok, but a bit bland :/ so I think I will still use my oats but in my savoury meals like I did with my chicken nuggets. Going to try overnight oats at the end of this week (I have 6 Alpen light bars left in the cupboard and I can't wait to get rid)

I am also being brave and buying a 12 week countdown tomorrow. It's 12 weeks to my birthday from tomorrow! That was my first main interim goal! Out for a meal with my dad on Friday 5th August and my birthday is Friday 12th... So let's see!

Ruth
X

Sunday 15th May

Breakfast
Copacabana Mullerlight
Coffee x2
Milk in coffee house (2)
Grapes

Lunch
2x Eggs
Frylight
Baked Beans
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Fat Free Fromage Frais
English Mustard (1/2)
HEA Reduced Fat Cheese
Baked Oats (1)

Dinner
Chicken, Bacon & Leek Stew (2)
Mashed Potato (3) (1/2 tbsp Olive Oil)
Frozen Toffee Mullerlight
Muscat Grapes

= 8.5 Syns

Ruth
X

Hello! Nice to see you here!!
How are you feeling with it all? You finding it ok? Best tips really are to always plan if you can, keeps lots of snack within arms reach! Also don't forbid anything!!!! If you forbid then you always automatically want it (in my experience)
Another one- when I was younger, I used to plan meals 2/3 days ahead, but never fancied them when I got to that day so ended up in a right mess so I make sure I have enough food/ingredients in to make enough meals but also a good variety too!
Don't think you're eating too much, I eat 2 lunches all of the time, and love it! Hahaha!

Hope this helps :)

Ruth
X
Thanks Ruth feeling good. Had a wobble when family were having takeaway kebabs but cooked loads of veg and brown rice and just got meat only and it was delicious. Made extra to have with salmon for lunch tomorrow

Thanks Ruth feeling good. Had a wobble when family were having takeaway kebabs but cooked loads of veg and brown rice and just got meat only and it was delicious. Made extra to have with salmon for lunch tomorrow

I'm glad that you're feeling good! Ooo that does sound really nice :) and also the veg and rice for your lunch today with the salmon too!!
Enjoy it!

Ruth
X

On my own again tonight so I will be staying to group (providing I can get a seat, which I couldn't last week) then nipping to Asda to get myself some fish!

Been so good this week and really enjoyed all of it. Hopefully I have limited the TOTM damage as I can't quite remember what it does to me in terms of weight loss! Either way though, that's week 5 done and dusted and I have dropped a dress size for sure. I am going to do my measurements again when I get to week 8 to see if anything is noticeable!

Last full week at my job this week! Which will be a little bit strange but I'm excited to leave and settle down in a proper career!

Ruth
X

Good luck for weigh in tonight Ruth :D . Glad your headache went away yesterday :) . It's been ages since I've taken measurements, but its a good thing to do. Congrats on dropping a dress size, whoop ! :woohoo: That's brilliant, your doing so well hun. Exciting times ahead with your new job ! Really happy for you . Thanks for inviting me for tea, lookout for the doorbell :p . You reminded me, I have frozen fish in the freezer, what you making with yours ? I love your meals. Your lucky your OH is a good cook too. And despite all the good cooks in your family, your losing weight and doing so well too :D . Hope you manage to get back to gym soon, you sound really happy when your in your routine :) . I don't think TOTM is going to spoil your results, you've been good all week and will be rewarded for it, promise .

Good luck and hope you smash it ! :p:bunnydance:

Kay xx

Back