Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

I'm glad that things are so good :) this forum is a total lifesaver. I have been a member of it for a long time and I couldn't rate it highly enough. It briefly went offline for a bit last year and it was a total nightmare...
Do you attend classes or do you do it alone?

Ruth
X

I agree! I've been lurking for a while (sounds creepy haha) but I decided to get back on the SW wagon myself on Saturday so I joined here too.
I did classes previously but I've since moved to the Isle of Man and unfortunately there are no classes here, so I have no choice but to do it alone online. How about you?
x

I agree! I've been lurking for a while (sounds creepy haha) but I decided to get back on the SW wagon myself on Saturday so I joined here too.
I did classes previously but I've since moved to the Isle of Man and unfortunately there are no classes here, so I have no choice but to do it alone online. How about you?
x

Haha it doesn't at all I lurked for a while before I joined :D wow the Isle of Man! Gutted there's no classes! Yes I do classes, I can't do it any other way (I've tried) I need someone to weigh me, need the whole group thing, and I need my consultant! I've known the consultant of my group for about four years and she is very lovely which is a massive help.
Around now is the time that I would go off to try and do it myself... And then fail. Therefore I am trying to be really strong!
Hopefully they will put some classes over there for you soon :) I didn't think that there were many parts of the U.K. Without them!

I hope that you have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Recipe from yesterday- I must apologise.
I am really tired and struggling to sleep at the minute :( having my coil changed tomorrow and worrying about it..... Anyway it will all be over tomorrow!

Kashmiri Meatballs!!! (Yum)
1lb of low fat minced lamb. (Our butcher does ours especially for me!!!)
2x 2.5cm pieces fresh ginger
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp fat free Yog/Greek Yog
Frylight
5cm stick of cinnamon
5 cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
6 cloves

In a bowl, put the minced lamb, ginger, cumin, coriander, ground cloves, ground cinnamon, grated nutmeg, black pepper, cayenne and salt as well as 3 tbsp of yogurt in a bowl and mix well. Make between 6 and 8 small patties using your hands.
Heat some Frylight in a large pan. Add the bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom pods. Stir for a second and fry both sides on a high heat. Add the koftas until they are brown on both sides.
Beat the remaining yogurt into 250ml of warm water. Pour into the pan and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 mins, turning the koftas every 7-8. By the end of the thirty minutes, the only liquid left should be fat.
Lift the koftas out of the fat with a slotted spoon and serve.

The potatoes were boiled with mint, then cooked in spices with sweetcorn and extra mint!

Ruth
X

Thank you very much :) I totally understand about the group thing, I can't do it without it, so maybe it's something you need? Some image therapy and class spirit. I also need someone to weigh me!
Is there a group near you that you can go to?
I wouldn't worry about the Chinese, start again from tomorrow, your goals sound fab though!

Ruth
X
Yeah quite few classes near by but being a shift worker makes it difficult. And my last class was so cliquey. Might try a different one. Been to two before and neither consultant really inspired me. Both were a bit ranty and believed everything was black and white which it obv isn't with someone with food/weight issues.
Taking each day at a time.
Good luck with coil change.
Natalie x

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow! I can imagine it must be quite worrying- maybe try some Kalms?
Need to update my spice rack and have a go at some of your recipes! X

Thank you :) I think I will do, totally exhausted now :/ we have spices coming out of our ears. We have a cupboard dedicated to them... Hahahaha! Love them though :) can't beat some good spicy food!

Ruth
X

Yeah quite few classes near by but being a shift worker makes it difficult. And my last class was so cliquey. Might try a different one. Been to two before and neither consultant really inspired me. Both were a bit ranty and believed everything was black and white which it obv isn't with someone with food/weight issues.
Taking each day at a time.
Good luck with coil change.
Natalie x

Yeah I remember when I worked shifts and it was always quite difficult as I couldn't always get to the same class so got no continuity. My class isn't too bad, although it's totally rammed! Yeah I completely agree re the consultants! I'm very lucky with mine, there's others in the area that aren't so good so I'm quite pleased. Glad you're alright.
Thanks, I hope that 2nd time round it's not as bad...

Ruth
X

So tired its untrue...
Got a chicken cooking in the oven though and the plan is to have it with homemade mash and some salad!
Made myself a quick potato salad this morning with left over potatoes from dinner
image.jpeg
(The other half is in my lunchbox...) it worked out at 1.5 Syns a portion, so perfect! It had, potatoes, 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt, 1/2 red pepper, spring onion, 1 tbsp light mayo (2), 1 tbsp English mustard (1) and some capers. I put chopped tomatoes and ham on it in my lunchbox and had my usual boiled eggs and it was very nice indeed!

Ruth
X

I have a shelf but it's becoming a bit sparse! I need to head to Tesco- they have a huge aisle that's all weird and wonderful food and the spices are total bargains.
They totally transform a meal though so well worth it.
Hope you've had a good day! Enjoy a yummy tea and get an early night :)

Yes our Asda is like that, we love it, as well as the World Food Aisle which is a bit fabulous!!!! We buy all sorts from there! Definitely worth it :)
My day has been ok although a bit mad, very busy at work! Yes I am going to really enjoy my dinner, chill out and go to bed :) hope that you've also had a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Something to think about.
OH has done the 2 for 10 dine in thingy tonight.
Got a whole chicken, a side salad for me, some elderflower Presse (for the weekend) and bought me some cheese as part of the dessert (I love the stuff). I would normally eat the packet below, no questions asked.
However blue cheese is my favourite. So I took it out, weighed it and looked at the Syn calculator on my app. That 87g piece of Blacksticks Blue alone is 17 Syns which I think it's shocking! So therefore I cut it almost in half to have 9 Syns worth tonight after dinner (46g) and the rest tomorrow. The Lancashire and Red Leicester have gone to my OH. Really makes you think about what you were eating before :eek:

Ruth
X
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mmmm cheese. It's crazy, I syn everything at the moment with me only recently being back on the wagon, and it still amazes me how high in syns some things are! things that I would happily munch on day in day out and not even feeling guilty about!

Food sounds and looks lovely as per!
x

Wednesday 22nd June

Breakfast
Peach Slices
Mango and Pineapple Mullerlight
Coffee

Lunch
2x Boiled Eggs
Homemade Potato Salad with mustard, Greek yogurt, ham and tomatoes (1.5)

Dinner
Roast Chicken Pieces
Mashed Potatoes
Mixed Salad with Red Onion, Cucumber and Tomatoes
Cider Vinegar
Hot Sauce (1)
Blacksticks Blue Cheese (9)
Frozen Fruit & Nutella (3)

= 14.5 Syns

Ruth
X

Mmmm cheese. It's crazy, I syn everything at the moment with me only recently being back on the wagon, and it still amazes me how high in syns some things are! things that I would happily munch on day in day out and not even feeling guilty about!

Food sounds and looks lovely as per!
x

Oh I know it's mad! I can't believe some of the things that I used to eat. I adore cheese, how lovely yum yum :)
There's so much I will not eat now! Have you had a good day?

Ruth
X

Oh I know it's mad! I can't believe some of the things that I used to eat. I adore cheese, how lovely yum yum :)
There's so much I will not eat now! Have you had a good day?

Ruth
X

Ah same! One of my fave snacks used to be dairylea lunchables, 14 syns! *cry*

I've had a great day thanks! How has yours been?x

Ah same! One of my fave snacks used to be dairylea lunchables, 14 syns! *cry*

I've had a great day thanks! How has yours been?x

Ooo I used to love Dairylea Lunchables! glad that you've had a great day! I have had a good one, although I've been exceptionally busy at work in a boiling hot office!! Makes me drink water though ;) since starting my new job 1 month ago I have cut down from 8/9 cups of coffee a day to 2/3 so certain improvement. Very tired though, just about to go to bed which is early but lots to do tomorrow, up early to vote, then to work then app at docs at 6:20 then relaxing evening hopefully!

Have a great rest of the evening!

Ruth
X

Hmmm. Just thinking (as I got to bed) what if removal/change of coil restarts totm? I suppose if it does then Monday will be Monday and that the week after will be a true weigh in.
Got to pack the worrying in, I am terrible for it haha. 24 hours and it's over!

Goodnight all of you!

Ruth
X

Ooo I used to love Dairylea Lunchables! glad that you've had a great day! I have had a good one, although I've been exceptionally busy at work in a boiling hot office!! Makes me drink water though ;) since starting my new job 1 month ago I have cut down from 8/9 cups of coffee a day to 2/3 so certain improvement. Very tired though, just about to go to bed which is early but lots to do tomorrow, up early to vote, then to work then app at docs at 6:20 then relaxing evening hopefully!

Have a great rest of the evening!

Ruth
X

Good to hear. That's really impressive on the coffee intake! I don't drink it myself, I'm a tea girl, but the builders milky and sugary version rather than healthy and green. I've cut down too and I feel better for it! My teeth have started to become a lot whiter too!

& stop being such a worry wart! Haha.

Hope you've had a great day x

Crikey Ruth I thought I drank a lot of coffee! I have cut down too and try to stick to 3 cups a day, generally within this as past 3pm I lose the craving for it.
The cheese thing was an eye opener- I always find I have to weigh cheese as it really is impossible to tell!
Hope all went well with your coil situ- I've never had one so not sure about your totm but hopefully the nurse will advise. Not the end of the world but would be annoying since you've just had it! X

Ok so I've had it done. It hurt and I forgot to take painkillers (oops), However against my doctors advice I managed to hobble to Asda to get some strawberries and sugar free lucozade and now I'm on the sofa.
OH being exceptionally good and picking up everything I can't haha! Feel absolutely massive, within 5 mins of having it done my skirt started digging into me (and it's far too big for me normally) so I assume my body is trying to reject it.
I asked my doctor re another totm but both her and the nurse said that I might get a bit but not much and that I'm not allowed to do anything all evening! *bliss*
So I'm laid on the sofa with a wheatbag whilst my lovely OH makes me pasta with asparagus and other things!

Ho hum. All done now for 5-10 years!

Ruth
X

Back