Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

So I have spent most of my morning in bed with a migraine... Which I am blaming on my procedure on Thursday as I can't think of another explanation given that I take 5 lots of preventative (and weight gaining) medication per day which is one of the reasons I started all this in the first place!
Just woken up now and feel tonnes better, my dresses have also come!!!!!!! Cannot wait to open them!

I was going to go to the gym today but I really don't feel well enough to so I am a bit gutted. Hopefully I will feel more able to next week. Just trying to do everything I can to relax (as I have been advised to) but also that I'm one of those people that can't sit still. I don't get an awful lot of time alone and I love it when I do! I do have 2 dresses to take back to H&M that I bought last weekend that are massive (always a plus!) and could do with doing a little bit of shopping but then that's not relaxing is it :/

Might nip down the road to Asda for grapes and strawberries though as I have run out of eggs. Yum.

Ruth
X

So I have spent most of my morning in bed with a migraine... Which I am blaming on my procedure on Thursday as I can't think of another explanation given that I take 5 lots of preventative (and weight gaining) medication per day which is one of the reasons I started all this in the first place!
Just woken up now and feel tonnes better, my dresses have also come!!!!!!! Cannot wait to open them!

I was going to go to the gym today but I really don't feel well enough to so I am a bit gutted. Hopefully I will feel more able to next week. Just trying to do everything I can to relax (as I have been advised to) but also that I'm one of those people that can't sit still. I don't get an awful lot of time alone and I love it when I do! I do have 2 dresses to take back to H&M that I bought last weekend that are massive (always a plus!) and could do with doing a little bit of shopping but then that's not relaxing is it :/

Might nip down the road to Asda for grapes and strawberries though as I have run out of eggs. Yum.

Ruth
X

Boo to the migraine, I don't get them anymore thank goodness but I remember how awful they are, so glad your feeling better. I take LOTS of medication and some puts weight on and bungs you up, it's a bugger but life would be a lot more painful without it.
and a big yay to dresses arriving and having to take back too big ones, it's always a boost when you think it will fit and it's too big. The new ones look lovely, gives you something to aim for fitting in them!
Hope you manage to relax today, and find some decent grapes, the only ones in the shops here at the moment are tiny little sour things, not nice! xx

Hi does anyone know son value of a Kingsmill muffin. thanks

Hi David 79,

A Kingsmill 50/50 Muffin is 8 Syns as is a normal white one.
If you're new to the site, click forum, then scroll down to Slimming World and there's a section called Syn Values where you can post and ask all sorts!
Hope this helps and that you're enjoying the forum!

Ruth
X

Hi David 79,

A Kingsmill 50/50 Muffin is 8.5 Syns.
If you're new to the site, click forum, then scroll down to Slimming World and there's a section called Syn Values where you can post and ask all sorts!
Hope this helps and that you're enjoying the forum!

Ruth
X

thats very helpful thank you

Boo to the migraine, I don't get them anymore thank goodness but I remember how awful they are, so glad your feeling better. I take LOTS of medication and some puts weight on and bungs you up, it's a bugger but life would be a lot more painful without it.
and a big yay to dresses arriving and having to take back too big ones, it's always a boost when you think it will fit and it's too big. The new ones look lovely, gives you something to aim for fitting in them!
Hope you manage to relax today, and find some decent grapes, the only ones in the shops here at the moment are tiny little sour things, not nice! xx

Yes I totally agree regarding the medication and thank you for the well wishes :) I was practically bed bound for a good portion of the month so I am massively grateful for my medication even if they do bung me up like you say haha!
I'm going to try my dresses on in a bit just to see how far off I am doing them up although I'm expecting not to be able to get them over my head... I hope I get sorted. Getting ready to nip to H&M now and then I think it's gonna be a chiller. I think I might have to bite the bullet in regards to the grapes and buy the really expensive ones from M&S or Waitrose! The Sable ones! Yum yum!

How's the weather where you are? Is it garden sitting weather?

Ruth
X

Dresses!
Both are roughly 1" off the zip doing up at the back. That's it!!! First one very flowing, second very 1950s. In love with both of them and I can't believe they're 14s!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

image.jpeg
A question. The picture above where my hand is. The dress is zipped up to the top but it's really delicate and it's come undone even though it's zipped up. Anyone got any remedies?

Ruth
X

I have just looked at it further and I think the white one is a previous return :( the zip is totally broken! What a shame! It also wasn't folded correctly and didn't have tissue paper in the middle like the blue one
Just showed my mum both of them and she likes the white one but thinks I look massive in the patterned blue one and that it doesn't show my shape off... I cannot please anyone hahaha!
Oh decisions decisions...

Ruth
X

image.jpeg
Brunch! Head lots better, and starving!!!

Cucumber
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Capers
2x Poached Eggs
About a tsp of cheese- it had gone off boo...
0% Fat Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Hot Sauce (1)
Smoked Salmon
Cherries
Green Tea

Not feeling so good now with my tum..

Ruth
X

Your brunch looks delicious! I absolutely love salmon, need to put it on my list I've not had it in ages!
Such a shame about the white dress, but I think both look great on you! Is the dress fixable, or are you going to return it? I'd be so miffed.

Hope you start to feel better soon! x

I have just looked at it further and I think the white one is a previous return :( the zip is totally broken! What a shame! It also wasn't folded correctly and didn't have tissue paper in the middle like the blue one
Just showed my mum both of them and she likes the white one but thinks I look massive in the patterned blue one and that it doesn't show my shape off... I cannot please anyone hahaha!
Oh decisions decisions...

Ruth
X

I hate to say this and please don't think I'm being rude but I agree with your mum, the white one looks gorgeous on and gives you an amazing figure but the blue one isn't so flattering, I really hope I haven't offended you! Don't know what to suggest about the zip except returning it and telling them it's broken and get them to send you a replacement.
Yes to sable grapes, waitrose is a bit of a trek for me but hubby works in m & s so he brings me the nice ones whenever they have them in.

Definitely not garden weather here, was sunny this morning but rained since lunchtime so did all my housework and collapsed on the sofa. Your lunch looked yum, I had a big splodge of total yog with dinner, it goes with pretty much anything! xx

Your brunch looks delicious! I absolutely love salmon, need to put it on my list I've not had it in ages!
Such a shame about the white dress, but I think both look great on you! Is the dress fixable, or are you going to return it? I'd be so miffed.

Hope you start to feel better soon! x

It was so yummy! Exactly what I needed :) I adore salmon!!! Definitely a summer thing :)
Thank you for the kind words- I don't think it's fixable. The zip is all skew whiff and I have emailed them saying I'm unhappy.
Will see what they say when they come back to me!!

Hope that you're having a good day!

Ruth
X

It was so yummy! Exactly what I needed :) I adore salmon!!! Definitely a summer thing :)
Thank you for the kind words- I don't think it's fixable. The zip is all skew whiff and I have emailed them saying I'm unhappy.
Will see what they say when they come back to me!!

Hope that you're having a good day!

Ruth
X

They definitely need to send you a replacement!

I'm having a great day thank you! A lazy one, but a great one! x

I hate to say this and please don't think I'm being rude but I agree with your mum, the white one looks gorgeous on and gives you an amazing figure but the blue one isn't so flattering, I really hope I haven't offended you! Don't know what to suggest about the zip except returning it and telling them it's broken and get them to send you a replacement.
Yes to sable grapes, waitrose is a bit of a trek for me but hubby works in m & s so he brings me the nice ones whenever they have them in.

Definitely not garden weather here, was sunny this morning but rained since lunchtime so did all my housework and collapsed on the sofa. Your lunch looked yum, I had a big splodge of total yog with dinner, it goes with pretty much anything! xx

You aren't being rude at all please don't worry! I do feel like I am wearing a tent in it!! It's all I've ever worn in the past so it's a bit hard to get out of the habit :/ I think I will send it back and get one of those wiggle dresses or just save up for something else. I adore the white dress, it's so different from everything I normally wear!
I ended up buying cherries and strawberries yum yum :) your lucky hubby working at M&S!

I hope you enjoyed relaxing! Yes it has been hideous weather here, I'm glad I went out when I did! Yes I agree re the yogurt it's so versatile! I hope that you're having a good day!

Ruth
X

Dinner- Stir Fry
2 chicken breasts
3 cloves of garlic
Ground ginger
Soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar (2.5)
1/2 tbsp cornflour (1.5)
Salt
Red wine vinegar
Frylight
Chicken stock 150ml
Asparagus
Spring Onions
Rice

image.jpeg

Ruth
X

Saturday 25th June

Brunch
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Capers
Smoked Salmon
2 Poached Eggs
0% Fat Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Hot Sauce (1)
Cherries

Dinner
Chicken and Ginger Stir Fry with Rice (2)
Strawberries with Sweetener and Hazelnut Spread (3)
M&S Elderflower Presse (5)

= 11 Syns

Ruth
X

Up a bit early today for a Sunday!
Lazy day with my OH today, got some stewing steak to go in the slow cooker so will have a think what to do with that....
Bought some yummy sausages yesterday for breakfast so will have a bit of a cooked breakfast and a bit of a walk into town I think.

Feel an awful lot better today!

Ruth
X

Aw I liked both dresses Ruth! Pity the white one is broken but fingers crossed they get back to you quickly and send a replacement :) So annoying though! That's the worst bit about online shopping. I remember ordering a lovely top from Joe Browns and the security tag had been left on- not only that but it was one of the dye ones and it had leaked!
It's hard to get out of your usual dressing habits but ease yourself into flaunting your new figure :) you have earned it!
Glad to hear you head is feeling much better, enjoy your chilled out day x

Back