Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

image.jpeg These pancakes were a bit nice...
And Syn free :eek: and banana free (important for me as I'm allergic)
With frozen fruit and 0% Greek yogurt.
Yum!

Ruth
X

Droooooool.... :rolleyes:

Oooo they were really nice!

Hope that you're ok!

Ruth
X

I'm very pleased for you lol....

Yes I'm fine today hun.... I have the weeble gene ;)

Thursday 14th July

Breakfast
Pancakes- 1 egg, 3 tbsp Sweetner, 1 tsp vanilla essence
Frozen fruit
0% Greek yogurt
Coffee

Lunch
2x Boiled Eggs
1x Bfree Wrap HEB
Beef Slices
Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Cucumber
Mustard (1/2)

Dinner
Mini Kievs x5 (7.5)
Baked Beans
Tomatoes, Mushrooms
Curly Wurly (6)

= 14 Syns

Ruth
X

Having an interesting and high ish Syn dinner tonight of chicken satay! OH desperately fancied it and I have got to get into the swing of fitting this around my life! Really looking forward to it :)

Ruth
X

Friday 15th July

Breakfast
Syn Free Pancakes
Frozen Fruit
0% Fat Greek Yogurt
Coffee

Lunch
2x Boiled Eggs
HEB Bfree Wrap
Beef Slices
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Mustard (1/2)

Dinner
Chicken Satay (9)
Noodles
Mixed Vegetables- Green Beans, Carrots, Peas etc
Sweet Chilli Sauce (1)
Frozen Fruit & Honey (1)

= 11.5 Syns

Ruth
X

I'm glad that you're ok today :) I did think about you earlier when I was at work :)

Ruth
X
That's very sweet of you thank you x

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend Ruth x

Thanks both of you I hope you have a fab weekend too!

I ended up having coffee with my parents this morning and then going out for lunch with friends. I asked for their gluten free options and had the gammon with poached egg and quinoa and edamame bean salad. Yum!
The salad was very fresh and had no dressings etc on it!
I also cut all of the fat off of the gammon and the egg was lovely and free range :) I finished it off with a Diet Coke! Don't think I made a bad choice at all- there was barely any fat on the gammon!

Chilling out at home now, totally exhausted

Ruth
X

Sounds like you had fun.... hope you have a nice relaxing evening x

Nice work Ruth, awesome choices. Sounds like a nice day. I'm still recovering from mine, watch TDF now.

Thanks @Quins I suppose that pub food is quite difficult but nowadays it's quite good to know that most places have a fairly broad range of foods in to suit most diets/intolerances/allergies etc. Enjoy the TDF!!

Ruth
X

Apologies for not replying much last night. I actually felt a bit off (I had done all day) I think I just got a bit too tired to be honest!)
I got home from the lunch, laid on the sofa for an hour and then my OH came home so I cooked him dinner as I had promised him to.
I made Pasta Carbonara. This is one of Antonio Carluccios recipes. The original had butter and lard in :eek: although I did laugh when I originally read it.

Serves 2- the recipe is adapted!
250g Pasta, uncooked
Frylight
100g (or more) of smoked fat removed bacon. (The original had 100g, I used 9 slices! Although when it's cooked down there's not much left to be honest!) shredded/cut up
3 eggs
60g grated Parmesan (HEA)
1.5 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
S&P
White Wine Vinegar 2.5 tbsp
3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced

Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water.
Add the garlic to a frying pan along with the Frylight and when they're sizzling, add the bacon. Cook the garlic and bacon until crisp.
In a large mixing bowl (enough to get the pasta into) crack the eggs, add most of the cheese (leave enough for sprinkling) and add the S&P and Parsley. Lightly beat so it's all mixed together.
Drain the pasta. (keep the big pasta saucepan to one side!) When done add the pasta to the egg mixture and stir making sure that everything is covered.
Take the garlic out of the pan with the bacon and add to the pasta and eggs. Add the white wine vinegar to the bacon and cook for 1 minute.
Put the pasta saucepan back on the hob, spray with Frylight. Pour the bacon in and then the pasta/garlic/eggs on top. Fold together for around 30 seconds and serve with Parmesan on top.
image.jpeg
Yum yum yum- and Syn free :eek: it didn't half taste naughty!
I did garlic bread for my OH with it, and I had strawberries for afters :)

Ruth
X

In regards to above.
The original recipe had 50g of butter, 40g of lard. It also had 3 tbsp of Dry White Wine and 3 tbsp of Oil as well as 100g of Pancetta.
It's amazing what little tweaks you can do with a recipe- and it's still yummy!

Ruth
X

Back