Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Monday Dday has come into view tomorrow again!
Bit of a mixed week- my body has majorly settled down in the past few days (watch me jinx it haha!) although I have terribly sore hips after going to the gym yesterday- although it felt good!
Week 15 weigh in tomorrow which means I will do my measurements the week after as I try to do them every six weeks. 1.5lbs to get my July target but not sure if I will hit it. A loss is a loss and I'm at the point now where it's starting not to matter as much and it's more about my lifestyle and getting to my end point... Whenever I get to my end point!

I also picked up some cards regarding personal trainers when I was at the gym yesterday so need to sit down and look at them all. I'm looking for a specific person that deals with injuries etc- as I have no core strength (I only do 25 minutes, rolling hills/incline on a medium setting and cannot manage any more) and struggle with most machines with the exception of a treadmill and even that is something fairly new- I still attach the emergency stop to me as my right knee has been known to 'go' when it feels like it!

I also found my shoes for my birthday today. I won them on eBay for £5.51 and they're my first proper pair of 'heels' since my accident so they will need a bit of practice walking in!
image.png

Just watching Grand Designs in bed... Love a bit of Kevin McCloud!

Ruth
X

Mini pieces of cucumber with Greek yogurt and crushed garlic! Yum!!!
Love it :)

Ruth
X

You are young but you are wise lol x

Love the shoes by the way :D

You are young but you are wise lol x

Love the shoes by the way :D

Thanks! I love the shoes too! They're those flexi sole M&S ones so they don't hurt! Not worn either so got a right bargain!
Sometimes I think I am too wise for my age :eek: old before my time haha!

How has your day been?

Ruth
X

Just before I go to bed...

I have managed to make everything I loved (recipe wise) SW friendly bar one thing... Taramasalata... I love the stuff. I bet some of you will grimace... I can (could) easily eat two tubs with a packet of pitta breads pre SW and baring in mind that the Syn value of the particular Asda version that is my favourite is 4.5 per tablespoon it's not going to be pretty if I used to eat 400g of the stuff in one sitting plus a packet of 6/7 pittas. *hangs head in shame*
So I've been looking for a recipe, a good one, and I think I've found it!

For those who don't know, Taramasalata is a Greek dip made from cod's roe, lemon, black pepper and olive oil and traditionally eaten in Greek restaurants. It's like posh fish paste (that's what my OH says anyway but he doesn't understand :rolleyes:). The recipe I have found is as follows.

1 Tin of princes tinned cods roe 200g (4)*
0% Fage Greek yogurt 150g
The juice of 2 lemons
Black pepper
Paprika to garnish

*fresh Cod's roe is also free... Will need to see if I can find it near me!

4 Syns for my most favourite food! It's less Syns than a table spoon. Basically mix all together (except paprika) and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Serve with pitta and crudités.
I have just bought some of my GF pittas, and one is a HEB so I can definitely use it!

I am so desperate to try it! Definitely one for this weekend I think...

Ruth
X

Woo Hoo.... well done on finding the recipe :D

Roe and chips used to be a favourite of mine as a kid. Not so keen on taramasalata , but I would give it a go. You did well with the shoes, bargain.

What is it you are trying to achieve with a personal trainer? You say you have no core strength but you do 25 mins on the treddy? That's good!Are you looking to increase the time ? If so just add 2-5 minutes to that session per week, doesn't sound like a physical thing sounds more like a psychological hurdle to get over the 25 mins. Take the rolling hills out and you'll increase the distance/time. As you say, it's all pretty new so just keep at it. You know you can do 26 minutes on that treadmill. That's how you build up , gradually. Then, like your weight loss journey over 16 weeks you will have increased time/distance...10k next! I managed 2 marathons and all the training that went into them, just like following a recipe and having faith in the program ( sounds familiar). Do you have a training buddy?

The other exercise on the other machines just take time, gradually increase reps or weight. Judging by you're photos I'd say you're doing fine. I'd ask myself what the end game is before picking a personal trainer. Is it you're knee that is the concern? Did you have any physio and rehab exercises? ( post accident). Maybe a visit to a physio to discuss it, any physio will be able to set you a rehab plan that you could follow, it'd be cheaper than employing a personal trainer and you are motivated anyway. Or, are you just wanting a 1:1 gymn session to make sure your tekkers ( techniques) are on point? Just my thoughts having spent a lifetime in and around sport, coaching , training , playing and almost an apprenticeship from trying to crawl away from physios elbows and forearms. Ouch!

Roe and chips used to be a favourite of mine as a kid. Not so keen on taramasalata , but I would give it a go. You did well with the shoes, bargain.

What is it you are trying to achieve with a personal trainer? You say you have no core strength but you do 25 mins on the treddy? That's good!Are you looking to increase the time ? If so just add 2-5 minutes to that session per week, doesn't sound like a physical thing sounds more like a psychological hurdle to get over the 25 mins. Take the rolling hills out and you'll increase the distance/time. As you say, it's all pretty new so just keep at it. You know you can do 26 minutes on that treadmill. That's how you build up , gradually. Then, like your weight loss journey over 16 weeks you will have increased time/distance...10k next! I managed 2 marathons and all the training that went into them, just like following a recipe and having faith in the program ( sounds familiar). Do you have a training buddy?

The other exercise on the other machines just take time, gradually increase reps or weight. Judging by you're photos I'd say you're doing fine. I'd ask myself what the end game is before picking a personal trainer. Is it you're knee that is the concern? Did you have any physio and rehab exercises? ( post accident). Maybe a visit to a physio to discuss it, any physio will be able to set you a rehab plan that you could follow, it'd be cheaper than employing a personal trainer and you are motivated anyway. Or, are you just wanting a 1:1 gymn session to make sure your tekkers ( techniques) are on point? Just my thoughts having spent a lifetime in and around sport, coaching , training , playing and almost an apprenticeship from trying to crawl away from physios elbows and forearms. Ouch!

I know that the taramasalata is a bit like martmite in the love/hate thingy! Can't wait to give it a go though!

Well basically I just wanted a bit of direction. I would like to be a fit person but after doing the treadmill my windpipe hurts and I feel like jelly so that's enough!
I did have some physio- just at the hospital and I used their 'gym' but it was mainly when I came off crutches and it was done so that I was able to get up and down the stairs as I spent nearly 4 months sleeping on the sofa!
I think what I'm bothered about is that I can't do sit ups, exercise classes etc because I am very weak and juddery (if that's a word...) I do want to tone up around my arms and lower stomach but that's an aside really.
I like the idea about increasing it, I will definitely give that a go. No I don't have a training buddy, I could ask one of my mates if they fancy teaming up to go!
I don't think I do enough to have my techniques checked, I worked in a gym ten years ago and I wrote exercise plans for people with 1000 calorie targets to burn per session and I see what I burn and it just makes me think... I suppose that because it's coupled with SW it's not too bad.
Thanks for your advice @Quins its appreciated!

Ruth
X

I just thought that you had a bank of knowledge/experience judging by your progress. Maybe getting a bit of oversight from someone would do well for your core exercises, or look up YouTube on how to do crunches (not full sit ups) and leg raises as a start along with sitting on a Swiss ball and keeping you balance and adding leg raises. Lunges also strengthen the glutes which will help. I'd also consider just using the treadmill with a slight incline to mimic running outside ( just a degree or 2) that gives a resistance to engage glutes and back, take it a bit easier and build into the hills.

Arms, light dumbbell work or rowing machine will get the arms toned. 3 months for visible changes.

You're doing brilliantly anyway having the desire to push on.

Have a good one!

I just thought that you had a bank of knowledge/experience judging by your progress. Maybe getting a bit of oversight from someone would do well for your core exercises, or look up YouTube on how to do crunches (not full sit ups) and leg raises as a start along with sitting on a Swiss ball and keeping you balance and adding leg raises. Lunges also strengthen the glutes which will help. I'd also consider just using the treadmill with a slight incline to mimic running outside ( just a degree or 2) that gives a resistance to engage glutes and back, take it a bit easier and build into the hills.

Arms, light dumbbell work or rowing machine will get the arms toned. 3 months for visible changes.

You're doing brilliantly anyway having the desire to push on.

Have a good one!

I used to have a pretty good wealth of knowledge and be pretty "on it", I am qualified to teach aerobics and to be a gym instructor, but I reckon that what I know is out of date (2006) and I wouldn't trust myself with myself (if that makes sense?)
Thanks so much for your help @Quins its really appreciated :)
Hope you've had a good day!

Ruth
X

Just logged my weight on the app.
It now officially shows the end of my target line! It was always too far in the future!
image.jpeg
My lovely dress that had the zip broken is coming back to me this Wednesday/Thursday (far too excited) yay!

Ruth
X

Went for my weigh in and the class was lovely. Weighed more than I thought and need to lose at least 10 stone but just going to take it 7lbs at a time. Will be hard work but will get there :)

Yes 7lbs is definitely the way to go! Well done for going, and I'm glad you have a good group! I'm sure you will do really well :) I had my ticker in my signature at 7lbs until I hit my halfway point and then I added the rest. It definitely helped.

Ruth
X

Back