Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Right I have just got home.
Plans went a little awry. Set off to spoons when got text from my mum saying that godparents were going home soon so ran up to my parents (starving) talked at length to gp's (still starving) and then walked back via sainsburys so made myself this. I am fully aware by the way how much food there is below- however I do normally have 150g smoked salmon and 150g king prawns from Asda and they only did smaller packets ;)
image.jpeg
Yum yum :) small dinner for sure!
100g smoked salmon, 120g chicken, 100g prawns, cucumber slices, green pepper, olives (1), 100g be good to yourself coleslaw (3.5), smoked ham and blue cheese mini cravings (1). Apple and orange segments with 0% Greek yogurt and 1 tsp honey drizzled over (1)
So worth the wait and better than any spoons meal....

Ruth
X

Yum :D

That looks delicious Ruth!

Hello hello!! Hope you're ok :) haha I have some mad pyjamas that I picked up in Primark for like £1, the heart pjs were one of those. Still though, they do the job!!
I'm sure we can get you going again! Have you already started, and do you attend group, do it online or alone?

Ruth
X
Hi Ruth, got to love primary for fun things! I've bought stuff just for he fabric and turned them into other things lol

I've been half heartedly doing it for a few weeks, but then stuffing my face on my commute home and conveniently forgetting that ... And last week on holiday I realised if I put on half a stone I would go up to nearly 15 stone - was a light bulb moment so I'm back with more commitment. I'm doing it online as my work hours can be very unpredictable and long...but I loved the support I got from here last time. It makes all the difference.

Hi Ruth, got to love primary for fun things! I've bought stuff just for he fabric and turned them into other things lol

I've been half heartedly doing it for a few weeks, but then stuffing my face on my commute home and conveniently forgetting that ... And last week on holiday I realised if I put on half a stone I would go up to nearly 15 stone - was a light bulb moment so I'm back with more commitment. I'm doing it online as my work hours can be very unpredictable and long...but I loved the support I got from here last time. It makes all the difference.

Well you sound very focused which sounds fab :) I'm sure that you'll do really well and get down to where you want to be. I too used to eat on the commute home! This forum is a total lifesaver it really has been brilliant as it acts as your food diary but then you also have the challenges and the wonderful support of everyone on here which is so important. I wouldn't be able to cope without it! Have you had a good day?

Ruth
X

Not too bad thanks, washing from holiday and groceries to fill the fridge back up. Trying not to think about work on Monday ! It's been nice to just be a bit lazy.

I've started a diary thread, but not a good specific one. Maybe I should swap over..I'm just rubbish at remembering to take photos until it's an empty plate lol

Need to work out the Syn values in the dinner...
This is Chinese Braised Lamb with Noodles and Corn on the Cob
2 Tbsps Asda Smooth Peanut Butter (10)
Garlic
1 Onion
4 Spring Onions
3 Tbsp Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce (I thought it was free...:rolleyes:) (6)
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
700g Lamb Cubed
2 Star Anise
2 Pint Chicken Stock
3 Tsp Brown Sugar and made up to 75g in Sweetener (4)
Water Chestnuts
Corn on the Cob
Rice Noodles
= 5 Syns per Portion!

It smells gorgeous and has certainly rid my flat of the smell of burning!
25 minutes left of simmering and it's mine to eat yummy!!!

Ruth
X

Not too bad thanks, washing from holiday and groceries to fill the fridge back up. Trying not to think about work on Monday ! It's been nice to just be a bit lazy.

I've started a diary thread, but not a good specific one. Maybe I should swap over..I'm just rubbish at remembering to take photos until it's an empty plate lol

The weekends go so fast it will be Monday in no time boo :/ I know what you mean about the food! I have to put it down and instantly get my camera out or I'm straight in and then before I know half my food is gone haha! I tend to try and post a picture to here before I eat my dinner to make it easier though hahaha!
My dinner smells so yummy that I'm definitely going to have to have some self restraint...

Ruth
X

Need to work out the Syn values in the dinner...
This is Chinese Braised Lamb with Noodles and Corn on the Cob
2 Tbsps Asda Smooth Peanut Butter (10)
Garlic
1 Onion
4 Spring Onions
3 Tbsp Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce (I thought it was free...:rolleyes:) (6)
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
700g Lamb Cubed
2 Star Anise
2 Pint Chicken Stock
3 Tsp Brown Sugar and made up to 75g in Sweetener (4)
Water Chestnuts
Corn on the Cob
Rice Noodles
= 5 Syns per Portion!

It smells gorgeous and has certainly rid my flat of the smell of burning!
25 minutes left of simmering and it's mine to eat yummy!!!

Ruth
X
That sounds delicious! And has rice noodles so I can eat it. I'm not usually a lamb fan but this is tempting me. Wish it was smell-o-vision lol

That sounds delicious! And has rice noodles so I can eat it. I'm not usually a lamb fan but this is tempting me. Wish it was smell-o-vision lol

Just finished it now, was definitely very yum indeed! I saw on another thread that you are coeliac, I try and keep my diet as free of gluten and wheat as I can! Something doesn't quite agree with me although we can't quite pin point what!! Do you find it difficult or do you eat clean with no substitutes if you don't mind me asking?

Ruth
X

Good morning everyone :)
I'm just going to share my payday treat with you all (I tend to buy one thing and then just leave it at that due to house savings etc)
This is for when I go to Edinburgh in October :)
image.png
I have looked at this for ages but they only do it in a 14 downwards size wise. I also went through my wardrobe yesterday and have made a pile of what's too big. There's now not much left!!! So all of that will be going on eBay today to pay for the above :) I decided to not buy any new and proper clothes until I hit target and know where I want to be!

Ruth
X

Here's a couple of pictures of me and my family too from yesterday. I know there's still 17lbs to go but I'm still not good with looking at them :/
Tops of arms and stomach!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Top one has everyone bar my godfather in and the bottom is my brother, godmother and me.
Had a lovely time!! Usually pictures are forbidden!!!

Ruth
X

Dress is lovely and the pictures are fab! You will be at goal before you know it Hun :) x

Thank you! I know only 17lbs eek but I am going to see how I feel at 12 stone as I may go 1/2 stone lower (I haven't decided yet) as my heaviest was 14. 13 but I managed to get myself down to 14. 7 prior to starting (through my doctors) but not sure how I'm going to feel. Don't want to look ill/gaunt etc!

How are you doing?

Ruth
X

Hello Ruth! I'm back and have just caught up with your diary!
Loving the foodie pics- I really must try some of your fab recipes. You look very happy in your pics too!
Edinburgh dress is stunning- really different! Hopefully your eBay selling will cover it and maybe more ;) getting rid of too big clothes is always good too- win win!
Sounds like you've got some real exercise focus too- it is hard when it feels slow but agree with you and Quins that building up slowly is the only way to do it.
Before my wedding I wanted to tone up my upper arms and back- you know just where your bra cuts in?- and did a few different weight lifting exercises. It was recommended to start with tins of beans etc. I remember starting with tins of mushy peas (smaller!) as I couldn't do the reps with the bigger ones! It made such a difference though.
Hope you're having a fab weekend! X

Back