Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

I'm glad it's been great for you too I ised to be on Keppra/Levit but I still used to suffer with seizures badly on those so they changed my tablets to lamotrigine and topiramate and I've been seizure free for 9 years thankfully and like you're partner I had/have grand meal epilepsy. I do I'm calorie counting and my diary is over in the silver members section. I hope you've had a lovely birthday you're meal sounds lovely :)

I'm glad it's been great for you too I ised to be on Keppra/Levit but I still used to suffer with seizures badly on those so they changed my tablets to lamotrigine and topiramate and I've been seizure free for 9 years thankfully and like you're partner I had/have grand meal epilepsy. I do I'm calorie counting and my diary is over in the silver members section. I hope you've had a lovely birthday you're meal sounds lovely :)

I'm glad you've managed to get your seizures sorted and it's great you've been seizure free for nine years! How wonderful!! Ooo I will pop and have a look when I get a mo!
Hope you've had a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Happy birthday Ruth!! Hope you have a fab weekend. Just back from a month if hols - u are doing sooooooooo well! Keep it up (but enjoy this weekend of course ;)

Hello @soshbfly thank you!!! Oh how wonderful I hope you had a great time!! Thank you so much for your kind words I am having a lovely weekend, being sensible but having a wonderful time too!
Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Ruth
X

So today..
Had a lovely breakfast of GF pancakes made with Dove flour and milk topped with honey. So lovely!! So had two of those and some coffees.
Then we set off into Stroud and went to the market which was amazing and so vibrant! We walked around for ages and had another coffee in a second hand book shop which was good. My OHs Dad's girlfriend also bought me some GF Coffee and Walnut Cake to have later! There a lot of organic/veggie/vegan/gf etc cafes around here, it seems very much the norm!
We then drove up to Rodborough common and into a little village where we had lunch at a pub with amazing views. I had GF Hunters Chicken with Chips and Salad and Diet Coke which was lovely. We then went on a massive walk over the common all across the valleys. Finally we headed off to a place called Nailsworth where we had a walk around and had a drink at a lovely place called Egypt Mill.
Back now and tired, phew!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ruth
X

Sounds like a lovely day! Gorgeous pics too!!

Love the fact that you are still tracking your steps. Birthday be damned :)

Sounds like a lovely day! Gorgeous pics too!!

Love the fact that you are still tracking your steps. Birthday be damned :)

It has been so lovely @lickthelid thank you for the lovely words! I just thought id have a quick peak, I normally can't walk that far as my knees give in!
Hope you've had a wonderful day!

Ruth
X

So the rest of the day...

We had a lovely BBQ where I had 2 burger buns (GF- Sainsburys Tiger Cobs) with GF Burger and 2 GF Sausages with Homegrown tomatoes and Onions with cheese and BBQ Sauce. I had 1 Gin and Regular Tonic and also 1 Gin and Slimline Bitter Lemon.
We then went for another walk around a big park near where my OHs relatives live and also a lovely canal and pathway. Very beautiful indeed. Finally my step tally for today. Nearly 15000, I can't believe it! I could barely walk anywhere before Christmas so I am very pleased.
We are going to Bath tomorrow so I am looking forward to that! I am really enjoying myself and am using this holiday to have a lovely time and "test the water" but I also feel in control which is nice. Today I missed all of my fruit and veggies since I'm used to having so much and only managed a side salad and a few bits with dinner, and I'm not sure that the GF stuff is going to help me in the long run as I haven't a clue of the Syn values, but I just think about what I've learnt and the choices I am making compared to what I would have this time last year and the difference and how pleased and relaxed I am. This makes it all so worth it.
No indigestion, no migraines and the ability to walk nearly 15000 steps. What makes it even better is that all of the pictures taken of me so far, I actually like... Particularly the one of the bottom of this where I am sat in my Father in laws Renault 5 GT Turbo from the 80s...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
Ruth
X

Happy Belated birthday Ruth! You look beautiful in your pics. And the scenery is lovely too! I can't get back into habit of coming on here every day again but I will defo try cos it's good for ideas and support. My OH does not follow SW at all so it's good to have somewhere to vent about his synful indulgence haha! Enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend xx

Look at you Ruth ... Looking good girl ! fantastic pis.
I went to Bath last weekend had an amazing time walked for miles so much to see and do... Great shopping and fantastic views.
Have a fabulous time x

Happy Belated birthday Ruth! You look beautiful in your pics. And the scenery is lovely too! I can't get back into habit of coming on here every day again but I will defo try cos it's good for ideas and support. My OH does not follow SW at all so it's good to have somewhere to vent about his synful indulgence haha! Enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend xx

Thank you very much Natalie! It is so beautiful down here :) yes it will be lovely to have you back on here- the forum is such a wonderful place! Yes my OH ate two peanut butter brownies and a tin of custard off the market at Stroud yesterday haha although I must admit that most of the time he does do it with me :)
Have a lovely weekend!!

Ruth
X

Look at you Ruth ... Looking good girl ! fantastic pis.
I went to Bath last weekend had an amazing time walked for miles so much to see and do... Great shopping and fantastic views.
Have a fabulous time x

Thank you @Ra-ra I am really looking forward to today to see what Bath has to offer, we have been told that it's really similar to Harrogate so that should be interesting!!
Have a wonderful day!

Ruth
X

Sounds like you're having such a lovely time Ruth! Love the pics and wow- 15k steps! That's a lot of walking!! Your legs look fab ;) so it is paying off!
Think your mind is in the right place re making the best choices where you can and most importantly, being in control.
Have a great day today! X

Thank you Rosie! I couldn't believe the steps myself! Thank you for the kind words I am very happy with my progress whilst I have been away, I don't feel like I have over indulged but I have also enjoyed myself- the best of both worlds!
I hope that you're doing ok and that you had a lovely weekend!

Ruth
X

So today!
Bath was so beautiful, we walked around for ages taking in the sights and managed to get a little bottle of the Spa Water!
We picked up some tomato and basil gluten free muffins in Stroud Market yesterday so I had one of those warmed up with melted cheese, bacon and egg for breakfast which was lovely.
Then after a coffee and lots of walking including walking around the Royal Crescent and in the main shopping area, we had lunch at a lovely hidden cafe where I had a salad made with tomatoes, melon, rocket, basil and mustard alongside a small bowl of homemade chips and some Diet Coke.
We then carried on walking until around 430 before we set off back to Stroud. We had a lovely barbecue again with a big fresh salad with Halloumi and Ribs. I had a couple of glasses of prosecco and one single gin and slimline tonic which was lovely. I also had some GF Coffee and walnut cake and ice cream as a treat for afters.
Home time tomorrow! It's been so lovely!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

Ruth
X

Home time today! Catching the train at 1 ish and we get home at 6 ish.
Out for breakfast before we go, I do feel very chilled out :) although part of me is looking forward to getting home!
I was actually thinking of going to group later on... As in the 730 class although of course I would be faced with a gain. So thinking about that as a possibility. Picked myself up some raspberries and grapes for the train ride home as well as some slimline tonic which will be nice.
I have enjoyed eating all of these foods and experiencing life down here, yesterday we were having dinner outside and the neighbour popped over with homegrown Blackcurrants, a squash and a couple of artichokes. Love it! Can't wait to get back home and stuff my face with Superfree/speed foods though as I am massively craving them, makes you realise how much you eat.
I have also realised that chips, no matter how nice they are down here etc, I love my SW ones ;)

Ruth
X

So I went and got weighed and 1.5lbs on. Quite pleased actually as I had the most wonderful time!
It will be off plus more!! I have decided that as I am away with work next week I will weigh at a class later in the week!

Ruth
X

Back