Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Dinner is in the slow cooker
image.jpeg
Yum!!
Ruth
X

I'm not going to lie... I usually buy pre-prepped mango, because it's such a fuss! Unless my greengrocer has yellow (sucking) mangoes in- they're my fav and you don't often see them over here

Yes I will be buying pre prepped from now on I reckon!!! Ooo they sound so lovely! Will keep a look out for them!

Ruth
X

Food sounds delish Ruth! I love Thai food and generally it's pretty healthy as they use boiling stock to stir fry rather than oil (or at least most Thai places do & that's how I was taught in cookery school in Thailand!)
I've never dared to put yoghurt in the slow cooker, how does it turn out?!

Thanks @RosiePops i did ask them and they used the boiling stock so I need to see what went into it... My food was in oyster sauce which is free anyway! Wow lucky you in Thailand!!!
In regards to the slow cooker, bear with me here. The meat is actually lamb not beef (mislabelled by my OH) so I will sieve the liquid off, but the meat has consumed the yogurt which is ace!
image.jpeg
My dad makes chicken tikka kebabs like this :)

Ruth
X

I grew up in Hong Kong, so the yellow mangoes were what I was used to! They're usually much smaller. But very sweet. Then when I lived in Central America, they have green mango with salt and vinegar!

Oh you are so lucky!! I would have loved to have tried those!!!

Ruth
X

Dinner
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Homemade Tsaziki!
The whole meal was Syn free!!
image.jpeg
Then these for pudding, 8 Syns for the bunny and 2 for the lolly. Then my OH decided to do this...
image.jpeg
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Boys!!! They are yummy though!

Ruth
X

Looks lovely! X

It was very nice indeed :) I put some more yogurt with the lamb as I love yogurt with everything! But it could have been kept dry ish! Hope you had a fab night :)

Ruth
X

lol one less syn to count ;) looks tasty! I love the minty yoghurt dip- I went through a phase of having it as a salad dressing, yum! X

The ears are the best bit lol! It was very nice and the dip was extremely yum! I have left the rest in the fridge for today. Considering putting it in a wrap and taking it on the train when I set off to Manchester later on as I have one Bfree wrap left! That is a really good idea- I use mustard at the minute but I'm always keen for new ideas!
Hope you enjoyed your G&Ts and feel a bit better today

Ruth
X

So yesterday was lovely :)
Food wise!
Brunch:
2x Coffees and Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) out with parents.
Salmon fillets x2, new potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, 2x boiled eggs, 2x laughing cow mini cravings (1), 0% fat Greek yogurt with 1 tsp hot English mustard (1/2). Fresh mango and 0% fat Greek yogurt, candy floss grapes.
Dinner:
Slow Cooker Greek Lamb
This was marinated in 3 tbsp of Greek Yogurt, juice of a 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp fresh oregano, 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper (roughly). Mix this together in the slow cooker and throw 675g/1lb 8oz of beef/lamb steak in (I used stewing!) and coat. Put on high for 5 hours or low for 9 and leave!
This was served with Rice, mushrooms, side salad, cucumber and homemade Tsaziki.
Tsaziki was the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 3-4 big tbsp of 0% fat Greek yogurt, 4 sprigs of fresh mint shredded, 1/2 a cucumber grated and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together so the lemon absorbs into the yogurt- yum.
Malteaser Bunny minus it's ears... (8)
Swizzels Matlow Double Lolly (2)
Swizzels Matlow Fruity Pop (1.5)

70/105

Ruth
X

Sat in the Beefeater restaurant at Manchester Airport Premier Inn (I'm away for three nights with work on my own- visiting my engineers!)
Told waitress I was GF and doing SW, she smiled, pointed at ideas. I had a hellish trip. Ended up on a non-stopping train to Manchester airport when I needed the stop just before so waited 45 minutes for a second train... In the rain!
Got here and my work booked me for next week not this one so thank god I had my credit card on me :(
Anyway I chose a potato starter and steak salad. I was starving. The potato starter came covered in cheese and bacon...
image.jpeg
I ate 3/4 of that....
Look at my main though!!!
image.jpeg
Beautiful steak salad!

Gutted about my starter, I had already chugged a complimentary medium glass of red wine...

Ruth
X

Back