Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Soup looks lovely! I find adding baked beans (or any pulse) a good idea, because it adds filling power. I've had a craving for chowder recently, so may have to pick up some creamed corn.

Ooo that sounds lovely TT! I haven't had Chowder in years, let me know the recipe when you make it! The soup was gorgeous, it tastes like Chilli and has a bit of a kick which is good as I reckon I'm getting a cold!
Hope you've had a good day!

Ruth
X

Well, it tasted yummy! Don't judge me... I wouldn't normally use tinned potatoes! I just couldn't be bothered to peel and cook some tonight.

Finely dice a large onion, as many garlic cloves as you want, and several sticks of celery. I also chopped up two leeks. Saute until soft. Add veg stock to just cover the vegetables. Add two tins of creamed corn, two tins of tuna and a large tin of potatoes. Allow to heat through. Season with pepper and lots of chilli powder. Add some baby sweetcorn. Once hot enough - eat!

You could take some of it out and blend it if you wanted a thicker soup. Or you could be un-lazy and boil real potatoes, which would thicken up in there too. I've made it with lots of different types of fish. And you could probably add dairy if you wanted - personally, I find it creamy enough anyway.

Congratulations Miss Slinky ;) well deserved!
Glad the soup was a hit- will definitely give your recipe a go as it sounds dead easy and I love chilli :) X

Thanks @Poppet12 definitely give the soup a go it is so yum!!! And that comes from me who hates nearly all soup hahaha!

Ruth
X

Congratulations! I want my certificate now, too :-( Ah well, few more days won't hurt I guess.

I haven't followed a recipe, as such... I will type up what I did in a bit. This was a super quick, mainly opening tins type chowder. Too tired to bother doing it properly.

The original recipe for my soup was all tinned stuff so I am well up for it!! Thanks for the congrats @Torn_Tranquility you will get your certificate this week I hope? Oooo I am looking forward to reading the recipe!

Ruth
X

Well, it tasted yummy! Don't judge me... I wouldn't normally use tinned potatoes! I just couldn't be bothered to peel and cook some tonight.

Finely dice a large onion, as many garlic cloves as you want, and several sticks of celery. I also chopped up two leeks. Saute until soft. Add veg stock to just cover the vegetables. Add two tins of creamed corn, two tins of tuna and a large tin of potatoes. Allow to heat through. Season with pepper and lots of chilli powder. Add some baby sweetcorn. Once hot enough - eat!

You could take some of it out and blend it if you wanted a thicker soup. Or you could be un-lazy and boil real potatoes, which would thicken up in there too. I've made it with lots of different types of fish. And you could probably add dairy if you wanted - personally, I find it creamy enough anyway.

This sounds utterly divine!!! My definite next venture!!!! Thank you so so much! Making me drool a bit actually :/

Ruth
X

Im already looking forward to having more of it for lunch tomorrow!

Yes, should get certificate and sash this week. My poor consultant was rather embarrassed. Apparently it's because SW head office have had so many Christmas book orders!

Well apparently ours was supposed to be last week but there were so many people and things to do that she didn't get round to it! Yes I know that there's also been a back log for book orders too!!! Well some things in life are worth waiting for, you will be really proud when you get them!

Ruth
X

Today's food
IMG_3199.JPG
Breakfast:
Porridge 40g HEXB
Honey 1 tsp (1)
Tea with Dash Milk

Lunch:
Tomato and Carrot Chilli Soup
Mixed Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Cucumber
2x Boiled Eggs

Dinner:
Tbc

Ruth
X

So today:

Work- which has been a bit hellish as it's so busy!
Then I'm going to have my nails re done which will be nice! Will also nip to Asda as need some treats (crunchies and Wispas!) and want to see if I can get the ingredients for the lovely soup that Torn_Tranquility has made! I am going out on Friday and whilst I will be good re the food, there will be wine- I haven't seen her for ages and we always drink wine! Can't wait!

Oh- and although normally I'm laid back with challenges and sort of go with the flow, I'm going to try and do target for the end of November... see if I can then keep it up over Christmas!!!

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth, thought I would pop in and say hello, congratulations on winning Ms Slinky well deserved you look fab and I love your cat cardigan and you say there is owl ones to be gotten! I love owls :) I used mapmywalk for walking and it is great! I also use endomondo now which tracks your walks and runs
I started c25k in August and I love it! actually got hooked on running very quickly! I can now run 5K and I am hoping to build on it and aim for 10K now. if you are going to do it why wait! head out now you won't regret it, my only advice is: buy a good pair of runners and start out slow and do stretch when you are finished.
good luck you are so close to target :)

Good plan Ruth! You'll have a better idea about maintenance by Christmas that way. You're so close now too!
Looking forward to trying the soup- hopefully I'll get chance to make it today but if not, I can do it tomorrow.
Hope you have a good day! X

Thanks @Poppet12 :) I'm not too bad with Christmas normally but we will be having duck and proper roasties as neither of us like turkey! Tonnes of veg though- we are big fans. Also neither of us really like pudding and we also don't like cake (this is going to be a fun wedding :/) and I usually just get a box of Orange Matchmakers haha!
Hope you get change to make the soup soon! Yum yum!

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth, thought I would pop in and say hello, congratulations on winning Ms Slinky well deserved you look fab and I love your cat cardigan and you say there is owl ones to be gotten! I love owls :) I used mapmywalk for walking and it is great! I also use endomondo now which tracks your walks and runs
I started c25k in August and I love it! actually got hooked on running very quickly! I can now run 5K and I am hoping to build on it and aim for 10K now. if you are going to do it why wait! head out now you won't regret it, my only advice is: buy a good pair of runners and start out slow and do stretch when you are finished.
good luck you are so close to target :)

Hello!! Thank you for your lovely post @Timeforchange6 :) the owl and cat cardigans are definitely worth it! Totally fab!!! I will definitely have to have a look at endomondo so thank you very much for the tip! Thanks for the advice regarding the C25K as well, it's really appreciated- got to gear myself up for it! Just a bit worried about falling but need to get over that hurdle :) hoping to get to target in the next couple of weeks- you are also doing brilliantly, hope that you're having a fab week!!

Ruth
X

I didn't get to Asda, in fact I was that bloody cold I just ran home. Ring is here (as you can see haha) so well pleased and it fits perfectly although my blooming fingers are still fat hahaha!
I ended up not being able to have my lunch today- loads of problems at work, quite serious (not linked to me but I unfortunately became involved) so a total nightmare so looking forward to dinner. Shredded/pulled pork with spices, jacket potato, bacon, cheese, spinach and onions. Lunch still at work in the fridge for tomorrow- managed my boiled eggs though!!

Ruth
X

Back