***tremendous thursday daily thread***

Jennikay, don't suffer with headache. I had to take 2 paracetamol caplets yesterday and today as I always get a headache when I am going into ketosis.
You mentioned being a student - can I be nosey and ask what you are studying?

Well, in theory I shouldn't be going in or out of ketosis :eek: oops!

I'm doing Maths :D first year. I'm always nosey about that sort of thing ;)
Lucky for me I'm at Imperial which is REALLY not a party uni so dieting has been pretty easy, but when I go to visit my boyfriend at Staffs there is ALWAYS pizza cooking, I swear! :p

ohhh pizza would be a major temptation for me!! Just had my first weigh in on Day 11 and lost 10 lbs :)

Ooh, I had a friend that did a science degree at Imperial but thats 20 years ago. Its a uni for clever people!
I'm a Londoner and went as a mature student (late 20's) to Brunel (social work degree) in west London borders, lots of partying. My younger days were even livelier as I was a student nurse in central London.
Mmm, pizza, maybe followed by cupcakes, ha ha - but from an earlier post it sounds like your boyfriend is very encouraging and you are doing really well. Gotta stop this food talk x

Fabulous Rudles - what a terrific result. Totally taken my mind off food. You have done so well and should be delighted with yourself!
Best of luck for your future losses x

Haha :D sounds fun, I'd love to have gone to a more social uni :rolleyes: but I'm sure it'll pay off later in life :D

Yep, the boyfriend is very supportive, he knows how much my weight bothers me (and he likes my bum at 9st ;) hehe!) Keeps telling me how he's going to treat me when I get to 9st :)

Hi Ladies,

Ruddles -- 10 pounds!!! Well done. Five times better than my week's loss. (Jennikay, check my math please! Cute and clever, you are -- a double threat!)

AlexIce, I hope you are feeling better today.

Sumayyah, my counsellor recommend those little pocket breath sprays -- she said they were OK for not affecting ketosis. I carry one in my handbag all the time.

Guru, the more you work out the greater the proportion of muscle you'll have to fat, and the less bouyant you will be. So, it will be harder to stay afloat and swim and it'll be an even the better workout! I think I may start swimming. It is great for toning. I'll bet you don't have "bingo wings".

BB, when my mom wanted to quit smoking she put a label on a clear class jar and every day that she did not smoke: she put the money she would have spent of cigarettes in the jar. When she had enough money to buy something else she wanted, she did! You could do the same -- every time you pass on a pound-fifty cupcake, you could put that in the jar. Then, when you do QVC you could use that fund. Guilt free shopping!

Yesterday (or very early this morning) I was a bit fixated on food. I set my clock to get up and call my son in the U.S. -- so, after I got off the phone at 2:30 a.m. -- I could not get back to sleep: I kept thinking about eating something, anything. I finally had a small amount of beef jerky hoping that it would not affect my ketosis (or then I'd really feel hungry). It worked, I slept. I do feel a bit guilty and ashamed this morning. Here's to hoping Friday is a better day.

MM

Back