Trials to come!

pete10141748

Postaholic
In the space of the next month I have already been invited to 3 people's birthday dinners and have to chaperone a school trip to Cadbury World at the start of March! :sigh: At least most people at work know about LL from my doing it in the past so it shouldn't cause too much of a stir if I go and don't eat :eek:

Thankfully I've got a few weeks to build up more mental strength, but today isn't helping as I feel constantly hungry :( I've had my usual days' worth of water already and I know it's not 'head hunger' as even my colleague noticed how much rumbling my stomach is doing! Plus I feel so weak and tired today...... I was hoping by today (day 7) this would have stopped, last time I don't remember feeling this way after day 3!

*sigh* sorry for the moaning, I just get to feeling that every time I've re-started lately, although my head is in it 100%, my body always seems to be fighting me, every step of the way.....

You feel free to moan away Mr. Pete. It is totally what this forum is here for!!

I know what you mean hun, I really really struggled to get through my first week this time around. And I still feel hungry on day 10!!

Did you know your stomach can rumble through head hunger too?

I did not realise this. But LLC says it is so. It's like a hunger phantom!!

Anyway, so long as your head is in that all important "zone" we all talk of, you will be fine. After all, the head controls the rest of the body!!!

The cadbury world thing sucks like hell. I would shoot someone if they took me there while I was on this. You will have to be very strong. But I am sure you can do it. You have the motivation and determination to do it.

Aw thanks Beki, think I'm just feeling sorry for myself lol and maybe my 'hunger' is a little bit of (sub-consious) self-punishment as well for needing to do this again *sigh*

Wish I could get out of the CW trip but as it's work related I just can't :( oh well, it'll be a chance for me to prove myself to myself I suppose!

Aw thanks Beki, think I'm just feeling sorry for myself lol and maybe my 'hunger' is a little bit of (sub-consious) self-punishment as well for needing to do this again *sigh*

Wish I could get out of the CW trip but as it's work related I just can't :( oh well, it'll be a chance for me to prove myself to myself I suppose!

I have thought about the hunger being a bit of self-bashing too!! I am sure you will feel better soon. And as for CW. Just tell yourself that the purple wrapped shiny stuff will still be there at the end of the LL journey!!!
Its only purple wrapped shiny stuff at the end of the day and we can all live without purple wrapped shiny stuff! (I dunno who Im trying to convince here)!

Keep your head above the water Pete, you are strong! Remember this. :) You have the willpower to do anything you set your mind to, remember it's always a choice. Never question any event or experience by asking "Will I be able to do this?" ... You WILL succeed. The best way to tackle any situation is by taking the initiative and going in head first, if worry and uncertainty start to creep in, it really sabotages our chances to see it through successfully.

As far as head hunger... it's a disgusting and debilitating thing, makes you count the hours and the minutes all too much until your next meal... I still fight it every day and I haven't been on the packs since June! It's just a way of life, making sure that I don't over-do it. Thing is, I have noticed in myself - that when I forcefully remain calm (i.e. don't get worked up over small things for no reason) or just generally try to be more positive in the day, enjoy it more - the headhunger is definitely less noticable. It's all very mood dependent for sure, we all know this. Maybe, have a think about ways to improve your general life experience of the current moment; making sure you are satisfied in the present space of time - it will help regulate everything else along with it.

Sending you hugs! And your drawings on your website are pretty damn good! :D I wonder if you could draw a troll for me. Hmmm. :) A female one. With a bow & arrow and a white lion ..... *cough*

Thanks for the pep talk Minerva :) TBH I'm very satisfied in my life at the moment, and I think that's actually what makes me complacent with my weight! When I was 20 stone I was lonely and bored and living with my parents and that being really down was a major factor in my deciding to do LL; now I have my own place, plenty of friends and social stuff to do regularly I don't feel that self-induced pressure to lose weight that I used to, now it's more "I've chosen to lose some more" rather than "If I don't I'm going to be depressed and alone forever" LOL

However since getting home to a hot shower and a quick nap I feel 1000000000% better and can't wait for my WI tomorrow night, being the first week I'm hoping for quite a good one! :)

PS: Sorry I never replied to the message you left on my profile wall, I wasn't on here when you sent it and never check my page at all! :eek: Yes the HTC Hero is the bestest phone ever, sooo awesome! And Avatar was pretty darn good, in 3D at the IMAX it blew my mind, and seeing it in 2D at my local cinema was still very entertaining :D

PPS Female troll with bow+arrow & a white lion?..... I'll see what I can do ;)

PPS Female troll with bow+arrow & a white lion?..... I'll see what I can do ;)

Have a look at World of Warcraft characters for reference ... :eek:
HTC by far trumps the iPhone, I hate the damn things! I can't use them, they're too... SIMPLE. Maybe because I've always been a Windows fan... though I know the HTC is fashioned on the Linux concept? ... either way, always hated Macs. Pleased that the HTC is a good enough replacement for the damned demon iPod too!!!

Last edited:
*sigh* sorry for the moaning, I just get to feeling that every time I've re-started lately, although my head is in it 100%, my body always seems to be fighting me, every step of the way.....

It is a good thing then that you are going to abstain at all those events, ensuring this is you last and final start!! ;) :D x

Pete you shall be fine buddy :)
as minerva said "You have the willpower to do anything you set your mind to, remember it's always a choice. Never question any event or experience by asking "Will I be able to do this?" ... You WILL succeed"

typical eh?!
see them as challenges - you will be fine!
after seeing what was put in chocolate the other day on the big fat diet show i've actually gone off it a bit - emulsifiers, cocoa fat - looked like glue. yuk

daisy x

i agree DD :) About the chocolate

Back