Trick your mind

Imogen

Here’s an odd little trick I have use and it works for me so I'd like to share it.

When you want to snack on something, identify what it is, take the first letter and think of something else that begins with that that is not connected to food.

EG 1
‘I want Crisps!’
Instead I think of CALENDARS-
‘I could update my calendar with dates I need to remember, I have a dentist appointment and I don’t think I have written down when I am due to go to the movies with my friend’
There are a lot of bad foods beginning with C but there are also a lot of C words.. like CALL someone, play with the CAT, COUNT your spare change, CLEAN your house… etc

EG 2
I want a Biscuit!
Instead I remember it is my friends BIRTHDAY-
‘I need to think about what to get them and how much to spend, maybe I could throw a surprise party for them’

If you can’t think of something beginning with the same letter that will distract you, don’t worry, keep thinking, and by the time you’ve either come up with something, or given up, the craving will have gone!
For this to work you have to believe that It will work. don’t go into it thinking,
‘I don’t think it’s going to work but I’ll try it‘.

It works if you want it to!

It works because we make loads of instant connections in our brains so if you think about eating It’s something that tastes good you will remember how good it feels to eat it, if you distract the connection by consciously changing your though process to something completely different it is problem solved!

Another advantage of this is that you get things done that you need to get done!
:D

good idea

I will defo try this one.

Earlier I was really craving just McDonalds and general crap, so instead I rang up orange and sorted out some bill stuff ... wrote in my cash book .. etc etc, to take my mind off eating.
That worked!

I have never heard of that trick before.

I will definitely be trying this!

Good trick

Yes, it is a good idea, i'll try it. It's the same theory as dsitracting children!
Another friend of mine has her own tactic. If she feels tempted or craves something to eat she makes herself wait an hour. Usually by then she's doing something else and has forgotten about it.
I've tried it. It works too.

omg slenda blender you weight loss is amazing well done x

THANK YOU Sparkle

i've lost over 12stone with LL. Have maintained now since mid- December.
It has completely changed my life.
I can still hardly believe it after 25 years of getting bigger and bigger.
I am so much healthier and happier now. xx:):)

Here’s an odd little trick I have use and it works for me so I'd like to share it.

When you want to snack on something, identify what it is, take the first letter and think of something else that begins with that that is not connected to food.

EG 1
‘I want Crisps!’
Instead I think of CALENDARS-
‘I could update my calendar with dates I need to remember, I have a dentist appointment and I don’t think I have written down when I am due to go to the movies with my friend’
There are a lot of bad foods beginning with C but there are also a lot of C words.. like CALL someone, play with the CAT, COUNT your spare change, CLEAN your house… etc

EG 2
I want a Biscuit!
Instead I remember it is my friends BIRTHDAY-
‘I need to think about what to get them and how much to spend, maybe I could throw a surprise party for them’

If you can’t think of something beginning with the same letter that will distract you, don’t worry, keep thinking, and by the time you’ve either come up with something, or given up, the craving will have gone!
For this to work you have to believe that It will work. don’t go into it thinking,
‘I don’t think it’s going to work but I’ll try it‘.

It works if you want it to!

It works because we make loads of instant connections in our brains so if you think about eating It’s something that tastes good you will remember how good it feels to eat it, if you distract the connection by consciously changing your though process to something completely different it is problem solved!

Another advantage of this is that you get things done that you need to get done!
:D

Wow! That's an awesome 'trick':eek:, Imogen. I will try it next time I am tempted.

AJ

Hi Kraze

You are well on the way. Isn't it FAB when you can tick off those stones.
Are you feeling better with more energy now?
I decided to lose weight for health reasons and it has transformed my life. I hope the same thing happens for you.xx
Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.

thanks slenda :p... its sooo great i feel so good of lately .. still cant believe im doing so well but mind over matter huh :p xxx

Maybe I'll try and crave waffles so I'll get some work done :rotflmao:

Great idea. Now I've got to think of one that works for me for chocolate. I'm not too keen on the "clean your house" one but maybe if I make a mind connection of chocolate=clean the house it would work to put me off chocolate!
I am going to be very positive about this - I'm going to have a very clean house and be slim!
Eureka!!!!

Back