Tricks we all have!!

Nomes

Gold Member
Was just thinking about the wee tricks we have to make things last longer or seem better and was hoping we could all share. I'll start- with crisps I like to open the pack up or put them on a plate so I can see what I have and am not disappointed when I dip in to have nothing left!!

I dont actually have any tips but I do have a pic of Kim Kardashian in a bikini on my phone which i use as inspiration as i wanna be thin and look at it each time i want to eat something I shouldn't!! It really spurs me on!

the only trick i have with chocolate is now you see it, now you don't! x

Not so much to make things last longer, but I boil broccoli and carrots in with pasta, and serve with the bolognese or whatever on top. I find that way I get more veg, and eat much much smaller portions of pasta

my biggest tip is to use butternut squash instead of potatoes. Or have half and half to lower meal values. I LOVE bns cut in chunks, on a roasting tray with black pepper and frylight, roasted in the oven with courgettes. It is filling and on ww discover it is free. I used it on a cottage pie instead of mash to lower the points too.....love it :D

I was always cautious for some reason but i SO wish id tried it long ago...its got a really lovely flavour, not strong, a bit sweet, and is lovely with pepper on it. You can roast it and have it instead of roasties with your sunday lunch...mash it, make chips, make a delicious soup...its fab and its my new best friend :D you just cut it open, scoop the seeds out and peel it. You then treat it the same as a potato except it doesnt take quite as long to cook. Another great filling meal is slice it in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and fill it with mushrooms, onions peppers and then sprinkle some cheese or breadcrumbs on the top and roast it in the oven. I cant rate it high enough. endless possibilities :D....omg I sound SO obsessed lol...

i have a little seal n lock tub that has ml measurements on the side, I fill it up with my milk and use it throughout the day in tea and whatever else :)

Do you ever have days where you dont use up the milk you've pointed for??

Dinx said:
I was always cautious for some reason but i SO wish id tried it long ago...its got a really lovely flavour, not strong, a bit sweet, and is lovely with pepper on it. You can roast it and have it instead of roasties with your sunday lunch...mash it, make chips, make a delicious soup...its fab and its my new best friend :D you just cut it open, scoop the seeds out and peel it. You then treat it the same as a potato except it doesnt take quite as long to cook. Another great filling meal is slice it in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and fill it with mushrooms, onions peppers and then sprinkle some cheese or breadcrumbs on the top and roast it in the oven. I cant rate it high enough. endless possibilities :D....omg I sound SO obsessed lol...

I had BNS once in soup,and it was about a 20minute workout to peal and cut it!! Is this normal or do u have any tips how to peal and cut it??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had BNS once in soup,and it was about a 20minute workout to peal and cut it!! Is this normal or do u have any tips how to peal and cut it??

haha funny you should say that, I just had exactly the same workout! I just hack it into 4, scoop out the seeds and get to work with a potato peeler lol....Ive been told that if you put it in soup you dont need to peel it, I just sieve it well after blending :)

I have heard if you put your bns in the microwave for a min then that makes it easier to peel.

Thats a great tip...wish I had read this an hour ago lol

I use half quorn mince and half lamb mince when making moussaka to knock some points off. I find the quorn a but bland on its own.

Get a really good peeler and bns is a breeze to peel. I have a Titan peeler I got at the ideal home show years ago and it is really good. You can get them cheap on eBay.

Back