Tried the new hifi bars...

Mini_Mog

Silver Member
The relief consultant last night brought us samples of the new hifi bars. They will both be 3 syns each or 2 for a heb. There was chocolate and toffee and cranberry and yoghurt.

Chocolate and toffee was almost identical to the butterscotch ones but without the butterscotch taste. The general consensus was that they were far too sweet.

The cranberry and yogurt were quite nice. Still very sweet, but I liked them and would buy them. The yogurt coating was like the coating on the lemon ones which remain my favourite.

I still wish they'd bring back apricot & White choc!!

Really wish I could get hold of them, I don't go to group! :(
Also, three syns?? That half the amount of the old ones isn't it? Are they smaller? X

Clairebear1000 said:
Really wish I could get hold of them, I don't go to group! :(
Also, three syns?? That half the amount of the old ones isn't it? Are they smaller? X

They aren't out to buy yet. They are same size as the butterscotch were so around half the size.

I'm not mad on the butterscotch ones so I'll look forward to trying these.

mrsthunderbolt said:
I'm not mad on the butterscotch ones so I'll look forward to trying these.

I found them too sweet too, I tend to stick to the lemon, choc & orange & deluxe. But I think I'll get the cranberry & yogurt too.

The cranberry and yoghurt are to die for.... so much so, that I bought two packs yesterday and between hubby, daughter and grandchildren, there is one left. I have hidden it. :)
Will be buying more, I think they are nicer then the deluxe ones.

This sounds interesting - it will be nice to have some new varieties for a change :) I liked the butterscotch ones because you could have two of them - ideal for the 2 breaks I get in work! I also often gofor alpen light's instead for this reason!

Thanks for letting us know, I'll look forward to trying them!

yeay they bringing back the cranberry and yogurt ones:p they used to be my favs but they stopped doing them
thanks for the post you have made me happy:D

I love Hifi bars, so bring it on say I!

We're huge fans of the butterscotch ones in our house, sweet enough that just one kills the craving! I'm rather excited about more flavours, though I wish they'd stop with the f'n cranberries (It's the ONE fruit I'm not allowed as it counteracts my medication!)

Back