Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Trouble mixing the soups!

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by Amandine, 23 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Amandine

Amandine Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Can anyone help me? I find the soups very difficult to mix. I have them in a big mug at work but find I have to mix a paste then gradually dilute & mix or it goes all bitty. Should I be adding the powder to the water instead? Help!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Divster

Divster Banned

Water then powder. You can also buy a battery hand held mixer for at work. I am at home and use a hand blender. 200ml hot water then 50ml cold water then add powder and whisk :)

4. Getslimquick

Getslimquick Been liberated by Exante!

Start Weight:
    17st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.97%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Sorry posted my reply to this on the wrong thread! I posted on the bars v soups threads. Getting used to using the site.

5. BuxomBarrister

BuxomBarrister Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.96%)
    Diet:
    Exante / Slim & Save
    I make the soups super quickly and with no problems by:

1) put powder in a smallish saucepan
    2) boil kettle
    3) pour in water whilst stirring quickly with a wooden spoon
    4) turn on heat
    5) keep stirring and pushing any lumps against side of pain
    6) bring to boil
    7) turn off heat and put through a seive into a mug or bowl

Voila! Perfect every time :)

6. Amandine

Amandine Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Thanks Divster for the tip on the battery operated whisk.
    BuxomBarrister you made me laugh with your 'super quick' instructions - I think I need to find a better way, lol!
    Having had a 'kitchen disaster' last week trying to turn my chocolate shake into hot chocolate, I knew not to add boiling water to my blender bottle! Today I experimented with about 100ml cold water & the soup powder, shake until smooth & pour into mug, then top up with hot water from the kettle. It's still a bit of a faff but getting better!
    Thanks everyone x

7. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    When I used to have the soups i would just put 250ml hot water into a mixing jug, put in the powder and then give it a good whisk with a balloon whisk, never had lumps in mine.

8. scarymovie

scarymovie donna

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    i make them into a paste in the jug with cold water then add kettle water and whisk a little then pour in2 my cup

9. fortune_cookie

fortune_cookie Night Hawk

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've got difficulties with this one too, I will try all the above advices.. hope It won't take 5 packs of soup to get one right.. It's a bit ridiculous, I am quite a good cook, I can make quite a few complicated recipes, but I can't mix a powder with water?! :mad: Frustrating...

10. BeeBop

BeeBop Member

I put the powder in a large mug add a small amount of hot water and mix to a paste then gradually add the remaining water whilst mixing all the time.

11. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I do the same beebop. I find that I mix it to a paste, add the rest of the water and stir it. Then it looks pretty lumpy. I leave it to stand for another minute or so and then just stir it with a spoon and it works out fine.

12. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I put cold water in a shaker cup add powder shake then microwave, no lumps, still tastes like keek though haha.

13. fortune_cookie

fortune_cookie Night Hawk

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi, thanks, by mixing it to a paste works a lot better. Is not 100% lump-free but is waaaaaaay better than before.

So, notice to beginners: adding all the 200 ml hot water on top of the powder and using "manual" methods like whisk or spoon will end up in a yucky collection of lumps with a powder-center undissolved...

14. Amandine

Amandine Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    I have found microwaving the mixed soup causes it to boil over. This is supposed to be easy, I don't want to use whisk & bowls & saucepans & microwaves!
    I've now settled on blender bottle + 50ml water, shake it up, into a mug & top with boiling water. Stir & drink.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.