trouble sleeping?

kateykat

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping on this diet? I am only on day 4, but since starting I can't sleep very well. I am so tired during the day and then at night I just don't fall asleep. Is this a reaction to ketosis, or is it just me? I keep reading other people saying they are tired, and wondered if you are all sleeping properly?
I think I am having my bad day today, days 1-3 were so easy, didn't feel hungry at all, today I'm not hungry, just tired and irritable. Keep seeing food adverts on TV and want to eat it all up, but I know why I am doing this, and to be honest I don't think I would even be able to eat right now because I am so full of water!
Sorry for my rambelling, it's my bad day. I wish it were Saturday so i could have my WI and see if this is working!

Hiya, for my first few days of getting into ketosis I found that I was shattered during the day and wide awake at night, but once you get into Ketosis it rights itself and you'll find that you have much more energy during the day. To be honest I'm really going to miss having so much energy when I finish this diet. A lot of people say you get a feeling of well being once you get into ketosis, I thought it was just hype about the diet but it is true, I feel much better when I'm in ketosis.
Hope this helps, you will get back to normal sleep patterns soon. xx

I have been finding I am so awake at bed time, even 8 days in! But this energy thing not kicked in yet lol would still just sit and veg my eveing away hehe

keep it going it is working hun xx

ooo i've been sleeping like a baby lol, and my energy levels during the day are ok atm, its the end of day three so hopefully in ketosis now.

im 5 weeks into SS, im moody, irratable, tired, no energy, snappy and i cant sleep lol, so your not alone!

are you drinking water? i asked my CDC and she said that as long as I am drinking my water I should be feeling fine, and should sleep well etc. I'm drinking about 5 l a day (not such a big deal for me as always been a big water drinker) but still no sleep!
I have decided to be in a positive mood about it all now though, because I am sure it has to be working because I think my weekly calories are probably less than what I used to consume in a day, so something has got to be happening.
I am just going to use my extra time when I can't sleep for doing my dissertation and being productive! I hope you feel better soon Vampalicious, you must have the biggest will power in the world to keep going when you are not feeling good!

im just the same hun hopefully it will right itself...so you not alone xx

are you drinking water? i asked my CDC and she said that as long as I am drinking my water I should be feeling fine, and should sleep well etc. I'm drinking about 5 l a day (not such a big deal for me as always been a big water drinker) but still no sleep!
I have decided to be in a positive mood about it all now though, because I am sure it has to be working because I think my weekly calories are probably less than what I used to consume in a day, so something has got to be happening.
I am just going to use my extra time when I can't sleep for doing my dissertation and being productive! I hope you feel better soon Vampalicious, you must have the biggest will power in the world to keep going when you are not feeling good!

i dont usualy have willpower lol, but im determined this time! x

how do you keep so determined? share your secrets! i'm terrified of a weak moment, i do totally fine until then, i'm just keeping out of situations at the moment that will make me feel weak!
I am associating this diet with quitting smoking, and if i can do that then I can do this diet, that is my mentality!

Hey all,

I'm on day 6 SS and am also having trouble sleeping...total insomnia...then during the day i feel soooo tired! I'm starting to get attractive looking dark rings under my eyes now...so really cannot wait for the weekend to have a lie in!!

I've been in Ketosis for 3 days now, so really hope this side effect goes away soon!

:eek:(

how do you keep so determined? share your secrets! i'm terrified of a weak moment, i do totally fine until then, i'm just keeping out of situations at the moment that will make me feel weak!
I am associating this diet with quitting smoking, and if i can do that then I can do this diet, that is my mentality!

hiya,
when i started Cd i agreed with myself that if occaisons came up where i could eat ( birthdays, nights out ect) then i was going to have the day off and not feel guilty about it, im not reccomending this to anyone, im going out with friends on the 17th Jan, so im having that day off, so i know that ive got 10 days before i can have a nice meal, this is how i cope, may not be everyones cup of tea, but if i can have a treat every couple of months and not feel guilty about it then i get straight back on SS the next day and this works for me,
ive lost nearly 2 stone in 5 weeks, but i have had 7 days off ( not all at the same time ) ive had a lot of days off due to xmas and wont have that many off again, but it keeps me going knowing that i will have a nice meal a few times whilst doing CD.

I woke at 6:15am this moring and couldn;t get back to sleep not tired yet but by 6pm I will be I am sure
hehe still rather sit on here than run around cleaning whislt babies asleep hehe

Hiya!

I'm on day 3 today and have not been sleeping very well either?? Feel shattered through the day, go to bed and cant sleep very well at all.. woke up every hour last night!

Glad you are feeling same too x

still not sleeping well! was so tired yesterday i forced myself ro stay up until 10 so i could sleep better, but didn't sleep until after 3am! it is so annoying. i think it is because of the horrible taste and smell in my mouth personally! not sure though, very frustrating!

At last i know im not alone! im on day 6 today and am so tired during the day, tired when i go to bed but cant get off to sleep:8855: its so annoying.
Im not sure if im in Ketosis as yet as i got the wrong sticks lol

I'm on day 3 of CD and I'm sleeping better now than I did before altho I haven't really had the energy thing kick in yet so I'm tired during the day too.

Hello All,

I'm on day 11 and i think my sleep has finally returned to normal!! its' been absolute torture, but there is an end in sight...so please hang in there!!

xx

Back