Troubled Newbie

_Flower_

I'm somewhat of a lost soul when it comes to dieting, I have tried every diet but I never last very long on them, I tend to binge eat when I'm feeling, well anything really.
I've always had issues with my weight, I've never been a normal size and I'm now topping 22stone and know I need to do something, I just don't know what to do any more and don't feel very hopeful of ever losing enough weight to be happy.
Has anyone ever been in a similar position and successfully lost weight? what diet did you do?
I'm thinking about doing a shake only diet but they are all pretty expensive.

Hi there, I too have had trouble in finding the right diet.

The thing is, everyone is different and it's difficult finding a diet that doesn't just suit what you like to eat, but also how you live.

I know loads of friends who've had varying successes with all kinds of diets. Personally, I never had much joy with the shake only diets as I craved real foods.

I like food, but I shouldn't suffer for that. Once I found Slimming World, I found something that wasn't a diet but more a lifestyle change.

It works for me as I can eat large portions of lots of foods, and as long as I stick to the basic principles I can lose weight.

It doesn't feel like a chore, more a discipline. The longer I've done it the easier its become too to stay "on plan"

That's what works for me, I really hope you find what works for you! :)

And u could try weight watchers too , u can still eat whatever u want just watch ur portions but u need to go to a meeting , great for motivating u and keep u on track and ur leader will give u loads of advice and there will be plenty of other people there in th same boat .
It's worth a try.
I don't like the shake only diet things either as I like my food :) and if u fall off the wagon on them diets yer fecked at least with ww or sw u can make mistakes and still jump back on the diet .
Hope u find one that suits u and best of luck with it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome!

There are plenty of great diets to follow on the forum and lots of great support to help you stay on track if you are short of willpower :)

Just remember though that adding even 15 minutes of exercise a day on top of your diet will also help lots!

I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey! xx

I've spent all day on here and thinking about different diets and why I failed them and spoken to my husband and made a few decisions.
I'm going to go with a vlcd, probably cambridge diet because I like the shakes which is important to me because I can't force myself to drink/eat things I don't like.
I'm going to get a notepad and start journalling things instead of bottling them up.
I know only I can lose the weight and I know I just have to stick to a diet. If I can keep telling myself its only for a few months then maybe I can get through it.
I do have a gym membership so will be doing swimming and light toning to try and help with excess skin.
Thank you for being so lovely and offering such great advice

Good luck with your first day, I'm not seeing my cdc until Tuesday so I have a few more days of empting my cupboards :D

Back