true or false! Anyone?

Discussion in 'Zumba' started by kgallacher, 10 March 2011 Social URL.

1. kgallacher

kgallacher Full Member

Diet:
    low carb
    Iv just read that a zumba class burns around 500cals? Is this true?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    true. however, it's all up to you. if you go for it and work up a real sweat, big arms big movements then you do burn these cals. if you go and are learning the routines and don't move much then you will not burn as many cals. also if you have the unfortunate experience of a class where the instructor stops the music after ever song so you can get a drink and it takes like 1 min each time to get back to it then you won't burn as much.

it's all up to you. i did a 45 min class last night and burn 467 cals. my hour classes burn off 601 cals.

4. kgallacher

kgallacher Full Member

Diet:
    low carb
    That's fab! My instructor stops for a min once a class half way through. I give it my all, although I may not hit everystep (lack of coordination) but I move constantly and try to follow to the best of my ability.
    How do you work out how many calories you have burnt? Xx

5. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    i use my polar heart rate monitor watch and chest strap. it monitors my heart rate, how long i exercise for, what my cals burnt is as well as what % of my workout was fat burning. well worth the money i had spent on it one xmas about 7 or 8 years ago.

6. kgallacher

kgallacher Full Member

Diet:
    low carb
    I think ill invest in one of those thank you xx

7. laa68

laa68 Silver Member

Diet:
    weightwatchers
    I wore my polar HRM to zumba on monday and I burnt 528 cals!! I normally do body attack and thought that zumba would be a low intensity type of class, didnt expect to burn that much at zumba tho

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.