Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Consolidation True weight - another q...

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by couteaux, 13 November 2011 Social URL.

1. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    Hi All,

I am now 3lbs away from my Dukan True weight (woooooop!!) but unless a miracle happens, I know I won't feel slim enough. I have lost really well on my upper body, but my hips and thighs are still big (being realistic, not just critical of my shape).

Then I got to thinking, the next phase is more similar to SW red days, but still more limited - ie, 1 portion of carbs per week, the piece of fruit/wholemeal bread/cheese/1 gala. So, in theory, if my body has extra lbs to lose, they will continue to drop, as I am still following a reduced diet.

I don't want to lose an unreasonable amount that I cannot maintain, but I also know I still feel bigger than I should be and could probably do with getting an extra 7lbs off.

I always had 11.7 in my head as my ideal weight, and I am starting to think that could really be what I should aim for rather than 11.11/12 as suggested.

Is it possible/realistic to move onto consolidation when I hit my Dukan true weight but lose those extra while on consolidation? I suppose if it is supposed to happen, my body will keep dropping the lbs.

Talking in circles and answering my own question, think I just needed to get those thoughts out ;) lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I know what you mean - I'm ignoring my Dukan True weight as I'm going by my BMI instead. However, he's come up with a diet that very definitely does work and I imagine the True weight is what long-term we can maintain well. If you do go lower you might find that you yo-yo back up to the True Weight! Think long and hard and I know you'll do what's right for you - you've done so well getting this far.

4. Teddy67

Teddy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    My Dukan True Weight is actually lower than I think I can get to and maintain. I started at 11st 13lbs - after 9 weeks am 11st. I can't remember what the first weight is called that is given - for me that was 8st 13lb - with weight loss suggested at 9st 3lb... I am aiming for 9.6-9.8. At this weight in the past I have still thought I was overweight - but being SO much heavier now I just wish I had appreciated being there in the past... Why is it we always want to be a lower weight than we are - and even when at a lower weight still want to be even lower???
    Life's odd isn't it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.