Truth behind biggest loser!! (USA, i think)

The only problem I have is out of everyone that has been on The Biggest Loser this is only 1 person......I would quite happily go on there, we can't get to the weight we want not taking this seriously....or putting 100% in to it!!
You know yourself Rach if you are determined to lose weight you will still exercise whilst injured ...I know I am and have....even when I was a runner I did !!

If they are locked in their rooms then why did Bob have a go at a contestant for going out and buying cheese and other stuff hence why this same person didn't lose weight for over 3 weeks.. (in which case been locked in a room is better than giving into temptation in my eyes)

The food they eat and prepare is good, nutritious food but some of them haven't the enthusiasm to make things from scratch and learn....

We know how hard it is to lose weight and how easy it is to say "oh I can't be bothered" what you have to embed in a person is that the reason you are doing this , your gonna have to exercise for the rest of your life, you are going to have to stick to this food regime forever to maintain the weightloss ....

I know that I am going to have to do more than 1 workout a day (at the moment) as what people forget is we are fuelling our body everyday , so even though we are overweight and have cut calories its essential that we burn what we are putting in and also take into account the defecit calories we have excluded....
In sport which weightloss comes into that category its about pushing you to the hilt...when I was at school I used to run for Sussex and I gave most of my normal lessons up to do sport so 6hrs a day I was training and then when I went home I would run another 8 miles....ie- if you wanna get/stay fit you gotta push yourself

The trainers don't need publicity when you see the "A" listed stars that they train you know they don't need the money !!

dont shoot the messenger lol! :D :D

I just thought it was an interesting read, and wondered if any more would come out after one person has, i have never really watched the amercian one!! it just really made me think would people really do this to someone, who knows?! I loved watching the uk one i cant see them doing that here and getting away with it, but england and america are so different!!

I didn't mean it in that way ...sorry if i chewed your ear :):)

I don't like the UK one , the American one is great...Bob and Jillian really do push them I would love to have either of them as personal trainer...

I sometimes think people want the end product but don't want to put in the hard work !! ...they need to be pushed, they need to re-educate themselves on food , and they need to exercise.......

We all know how other people see us and what they say about us...but we must also remember for every nasty person there is a nice person who supports us.....when we are low in self-confidence we think everyone is on a personal attack....but in the Biggest Loser case they have to realise a) they asked to go on it b) did they expect it to be easy c) with cheating going on yes its good they get locked in (if its ever proven) d) you only get out of something what you put in

Some of the people on these shows go in with an attitude, and boy yes there has been some this series and they don't like it when people are open and honest about it

:):)

I didn't mean it in that way ...sorry if i chewed your ear :):) Lol thats ok :D :D

I don't like the UK one , the American one is great...Bob and Jillian really do push them I would love to have either of them as personal trainer...

I sometimes think people want the end product but don't want to put in the hard work !! ...they need to be pushed, they need to re-educate themselves on food , and they need to exercise.......

i have to agree with you here, alot of people are like this, i think i have been guilty of it in the past, but not now!!

We all know how other people see us and what they say about us...but we must also remember for every nasty person there is a nice person who supports us.....when we are low in self-confidence we think everyone is on a personal attack....but in the Biggest Loser case they have to realise a) they asked to go on it b) did they expect it to be easy c) with cheating going on yes its good they get locked in (if its ever proven) d) you only get out of something what you put in

If anyone goes on these show they do know its not going to be easy, i actually used to think they cant be that hard they must only be showing the tough bit, but when you see the weight loss they get you know it must be hard all the time!!

Some of the people on these shows go in with an attitude, and boy yes there has been some this series and they don't like it when people are open and honest about it

:):)

i dont know it i would like them as my trainer lol, i would be crying :D

At first yes most probably call them all the names under the sun and cry ....but they know what they can get out of you and do make allowances......its like when we do a workout and at first thinking i'm not gonna be able to do it and as time goes on you continue thinking that ...you will never do it ...so they push and push....Jillian was very overweight when she was young so she knows where people are coming from.....:)

I much prefer the USA and Australia one to the UK version, but that's only this series of the UK one. Haven't seen any previous UK ones, but I'll say that my living room (being in a cottage, it's small) seems to be bigger than the pokey little gym they have on the UK one!!

i never watch any of these shows anyway cause i have heard so many stories of them not being genuine. i was always told by drs/dieticians that you should lose weight healthly in order to maintain the loss and that a pound or 2 a week is plenty and when you watch these "diet" shows and they loss silly amounts cant be right. it may only be 1 person to speak out but maybe all the others didnt want to and she did say that she wasnt supposed to talk about it.

What you have to remember Sall is compared to some of these people we are small...so yes they will lose a lot at 1st due to the size....at the end of the day going on to these shows is no different to going to a fat camp as they call them....they all have to be monitored as its through raiding the fridges and eating rubbish that a lot of them got this way !! They even admit it !! through exercise and educating them is the only way you can change people

When you think they are working out for hours a day again yes you will lose weight that way....and looking at the diet book the food is good and surprisingly low in fat and calories all in all making good success :)

i just know what i have been told by drs and dieticians that its not healthy to lose a lot in one go and yes you always lose a lot in the first week but a healthy way to go is 1 or 2 pound a week

I have to agree sal, that is what were told but even i have had big losses in the first few weeks, i know its going to slow down now. But the bigger you are the more you lose in the beginning! But obviously 1 or 2 lb a week is the best way to go, if you want it to stay off. saying that my doctor said about me losing another stone this month by the time i go back again!!

im not sure i even believe that to be honest that the bigger you are the more you lose at the start. i am big and dont have what i would call big losses

What you have to remember is there food is been monitored they are spending around 4 hours or so in a gym every day...their results are going to be big weight losses ...they gradually slow down as some were losing 15lb or so a week now they are losing 3-4lb...........
Some of these people were over 550lb so the first few weeks it isn't unheard of to lose drastic amounts....

Rach on 30 day shred where you have to squat and punch they would be a good exercise on its own even while your knee heals.....works waist, upper body ,lower body......is that suitable for Sall also ??
I love that exercise :):)

don't squat as far.....Jillian says it good for people who have lower body injury ect...
otherwise i would sit in the chair and gets weights and do upper body at least you are keeping moving then....:):)

I can't sit still for long anymore lol....1 tip on biggest loser was each time an advert comes on tv , walk/run up and down the stairs til programme starts again ...its addictive cos you try and beat last amount lol :)

Back