Try, try and try again!

Kimberleyski

Hi all!

Am hoping a diary might keep me on track and will try to 100% honest.......

I started Cambridge in 2008 and slowly (because I kept falling off the wagon but always got back on again) I lost 4 stone and got to goal. Felt amazing, although did get a bit obsessed and always thought I should lose more. I never went onto Maintenance, just thought I could do it myself. Which I did for quite a bit. But did use Cambridge as a bit of a crutch.

My OH and I decided to try for a baby in 2010 and I fell pregnant straight away. I felt (and still do stand by this) that the only time I have ever felt it should be acceptable for me to eat exactly what I wanted and not be judged was pregnancy. So I ate exactly what I wanted, and thought well I lost before on Cambridge and I can do it again.

Obviously put on loads of weight whilst pregnant with that attitude, and so after our daughter was born I tried a couple of months after she was born to try and lose it. Started healthy eating at first and lost a bit, and then went onto Cambridge once she was 5 months. I found it so hard whilst on Maternity leave with mummy lunches and being at home a lot.

So decided to go back to Cambridge in Jan once I was back to work full time and try again. I have fallen off the wagon and got back on so many time since then. And I just don't think Cambridge is for me anymore. I only like the chocolate tetras so I have 21 a week. It's pretty boring not eating any food, but then when you only have choc milkshakes constantly it makes it even more boring!

Someone in the office is doing slim and save and she said how nice all the products are so I thought I would try it.

I love everything so far....well apart from the mushroom pasta. It's so nice to finally have a choice and am doing ok. Official weigh day is Thursday evening but I was naughty this morning and had a sneaky peek and I'm 5lbs down already so I'm chuffed with that, as I did have some alcohol on sat night because I needed to get through an awful social event!

I have about 6 stone to lose (my god that is hard to admit) but I don't want to put a ticker up as I don't want to see it!

Sorry didn't mean to waffle so much, was just going to write a quick intro lol

Hi Kimberleyski

Just wanted to stop by and wish you luck

I think it will be good that you know someone at work doing the same diet

Yay at losing 5lb already and after having wine too! :D

I know what you mean about the ticker! I felt the same at first then decided to set a smaller goal first of 3 stone so then the ticker figures didn't look so daunting. I actually started off with about 5 stone to lose so once the 3 have gone I'll add the next 2 stone on my ticker.

I don't think you waffled at all, but it's your diary so feel free to ;)

Hi L2BS, Well done on your loss so far that's fab!

Well still doing well, I am leaving my current company so had my leaving lunch yesterday a week early but some people I wanted there weren't able to do it yesterday. So I checked out the menu online before we went and had a chicken caesar salad with no croutons, and dressing on the side so I could just add a tiny bit. Pretty restrained I thought! While everyone else tucked into chips and sandwiches.

But I didn't really feel like I was missing out as I still got something. So I treated it like a protein meal and then just had 3 products yesterday.

In love with Spag Bol and banana milkshake!

Well all good so far, Strawberry shake at about 10.30am and then an old CD Choc Tetra at about 1.30pm I know you're not really supposed to mix and match the diets but I have so many choc tetras left and I don't want to waste my money, so am just going to try and use them up slowly.

2 litres of water down and I'm just about to go and fill a third. Def most amount of water drunk in a day all week. Have been averaging about 2l most days.

Am planning to have Macaroni Cheese tonight followed by Chocolate Crispy mush. Mmmmmm

Oooh mac and cheese with cauliflower and broccoli. Didn't think I was going to like it when it was cooking because the smell was horrible. I was so disappointed. But was lovely!! Glad I brought 10 of them now!

Week 1 weigh in - 6lbs happy with that! And I'm freezing!!!

A 100% weekend for me. Went to lunch with some friends today and even had to take dessert. (my desserts are legendary, even if I do say so myself)! Just took a Spag Bol pack for myself. Was very proud. Still loving S&S! X

Good work on staying 100% over the weekend, so self controlled to make pudding and eat none!!

Great losses on week one, well done

RebekahR said:
Good work on staying 100% over the weekend, so self controlled to make pudding and eat none!!

Great losses on week one, well done

Thank you! I was a bit sneaky and made sure I did it in individual glasses so I wasn't asked if I wanted any and there was none left over after!

Apologies now for the long and ranty post!

I've just been into town at lunch as I had to pop to the bank. While there I thought I'll have a look around and maybe buy some new shoes for my new job I start next week. As I was walking into the shop a man and his friend walked past and the man commented 'there's another fat one' I was absolutely mortified! How dare he, I was ready to go after him and say something but stopped myself as I only would have got upset.

Yes I have 6 stone to lose which is quite a lot, and yes I know I am fat and I am very unhappy with myself and have no body confidence, but I am 5'9 and feel to a certain extent I hold my weight fairly well. I wouldn't say people would look at me and be disgusted or regard me as a freakshow. But that's certainly how one chavvy man made me feel. I mean he could have done with losing a few stone himself, he certainly was no Brad Pitt!

Comments like this really affect me, I have had comments from strangers twice before about my weight when I was young, and I still remember the exact situation and what was said.

The positive outcome was I walked into the newsagent to go and buy chocolate to cheer myself up, then realised what I was doing gave myself a good talking to and walked back out again empty handed.

I am doing something about my weight, and will not let some little, ugly, chavvy fat man win. But I will always remember his comment. :(

My Diary is obv very boring lol I def only talk to myself. Oh well I guess that's what it's for, and I have to admit I do ramble on a bit.......

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning, a 1lb down so far this week, my actual weigh day is Friday, so am hoping for another couple by then. Although I know the second week is notorious for bad losses, I don't want to be too unhappy about it. But if it stays a lb hopefully week 3 will catch up......

what a horrible person he was :/ I am so glad you took the moral high ground and refused to be brought down by that comment, you did great by not buying that chocolate. I know what you mean about nasty comments and their long lasting effects they never go away. I really hope you get a good number in your second week!

What a jerk. Sorry you had to hear that idiot hun

Mine wasn't super fast at week two. Sure you'll be fine.

Leo checking in :) xxx

Keep checking in even LOL :) Xx

Thanks Ladies, hope you're both doing well, and Rebekah hope you are feeling better.

Well another sneaky weigh in this morning and another 1lb down, so that's 2lbs so far this week, am hoping for 3 by friday. That would make me very happy.

Am thinking about changing the name of my diary, it doesn't necessarily scream positivity! And at the moment I feel I am in a fairly positive place.......

Change the name hunny, your doing great :) Xx

Back