Trying green days - is this ok?

elb4160

Gold Member
Hello all!

As I'm sure you'll know I'm not brand new to slimming world having been hanging around for the last year. I'm having a total reboot and actually joining a new class that's starting locally on the 5th of Sept.

I've always done red days or EE but due to finances I'm trying to follow green as much as possible.

Now I know the food I've eaten today is ok and free/synned properly, and I know you're meant to be able to eat as much as you want with free/super free foods, but I feel like I've been grazing all day and just wanted to check!

Today I've had:

2 toast (HEb)
1 tin tomoatoes
1 nectarine
(an acceptable brekkie)

but the bit i'm worried about is the massive pasta salad I made (after my mums direction that i need to be eating more and more frequently)
So I made it with pasta (white normal?) about half a cucumber went in, a tin of sweetcorn, 6 hard boiled eggs and a couple of leftover bits of smoked mackrel.
Now I know the mackrel will be synned so that's fine, but this pasta salad filled a mixing bowl (literally)
split between 2 so i didn't eat the whole lot!
But gradually over the course of the day between us we've had the lot... is that far too much? We've only had a bowl now and then when we've genuinly felt hungry.

I plan on having a baked potato with beans and HEa cheese for dinner tonight when my OH gets in.

Should I really be eating this much?!

I only ever do green days and this looks spot on to me! If I make a pasta salad for lunch, loads of things get chucked into it and it really fills me up. You've only eaten when you've been hungry, so that's fine!

If you think about it you've eaten carbs which keep you fuller for longer then bulked it out with veg and stuff. You might have eaten a lot but it's all free whereas you could have been peckish then pigged on crisps cakes etc so you've done yourself a favour!! :)

Sounds good to me too! I am a real red day person, but very occassionally I will have a green day just to mix things up a bit. On a green day I make my own potato salad:

Lots of new potatoes
Some twisty kind of pasta (anything to pad it out!)
Peas
Onions
Grated carrot

I mix it up with two table spoons of Helmans extra light mayo (a few syns that I can't remenber off the top of my head!) and it makes a massive bowl that I can pick at all day and eve :gimi:

After all this I find the weight still continues to drop ;)

Thanks very much everyone :)
I'm going to give the potato one a go tomorrow, should be ok with peeled normal white potatoes shouldn't it? I havent got any new's in.

Back