Trying is BS - Bonnie's Diary to Target

BonnieBooBear

Hello,

My name is Bonnie and I have just re-joined SW. I successfully lost 31lbs last year with SW, but after a massive change in my personal life and a house move, I stopped going to group and lost the plot a bit...and put on almost 14lbs since.

Having been within sniffing distance of my target back in October, I have re-joined before I put the lot back on, and so that this time I can get to target and consolidate so that I am slim for life.

My favorite band posted on twitter the other day - 'trying is BS'. That really hit home and I acknowledged that I had been feeling sorry for myself and making all sorts of excuses since christmas why I shouldn't stop eating or start exercising 'its so cold and dark' 'I get back so late in the evening' etc etc - it's rubbish, I just haven't been bothered. So, no more trying - you either do or you don't, and I am going to do.

Slimming world is easy peasy - if you make the effort and try new recipes, and plan in advance, you can eat loads and never feel deprived. I know this is the truth and I know it works. To keep positive, I am going to keep a food diary on here - come and join me!

Bonnie x

Here to subscribe! I am so up for just getting the damned thing done. No more excuses. Reminds me of a Dorothy Parker Quote (she is talking about a boy)

"there's never a pang that was worth the tear, so toss in the night I won't.
Either you do or you don't my dear. Either you do or you don't."

Popping by to subscribe :) It's great that you're in the right mindframe to pick up SW again, good luck! xx

Hello,

Nice to meet you!

Yesterday was a great start, and went like this:

Breakfast: 35g dorset cereal muesli (hexB) big blob fat free nat. yog, one apple grated and all stirred in - lovely.

Lunch: leftover butternut squash, chickpea and spinach curry and rice (all free on EE)

Dinner: spag bol made with lean mince, spaghetti, salad

Snacks: 2 plums, banana, milk in tea (hexA)

Exercise: lunctime walk (30 mins) evening run (30 mins)

Already I am eating way more fruit and veg and it does feel good. And I am so much more likely to go out for a walk at lunchtime if I know that it is all counting towards an end goal - that's the difference between going to SW and going it alone.

I didn't use any syns today, I have a thai meal coming up tomorrow and pub meal on Saturday, determined to be 100% perfect this week, so saving every last syn.

Hi Bonnie jumping in to subscribe. Sounds like we both need a push. I've also had so many excuses over the months. Time to put them to bed. Away for dinner, catch up l8r x

Yay, glad ou you are back on it, your're right, we will do it together!

Hey bonnie, how are you getting on? How did the meal out go?

Subscribing :) Love the "trying is BS" - I should make that my motto too!

Hi all, hope you have had a good weekend sorry not to have been on much, I had Friday off and a really busy weekend. Meal was tricky, we got there and the Thai was closed- so ended up in a pub instead. I was a bit thrown but think I did ok - went for smoked salmon to start ( no bread) and tomato pasta, synning the oil and glasses of wine.

Ran on Friday and shifted 4 tonnes of horse manure at the allotment so really hoping for a good loss this Tuesday.

Now waiting for the Pulled Pork recipe in this months SW magazine to cook- three hours cooking time, it smells lush!

How is everyone else doing?

Good evening. Sounds like you had a good weekend and managed to stay on plan.

That's def some body magic u bein doing, can't do any harm. Jst make sure drink lots water.

Back on it today, no shopping done, so fridge raiding for work tomorrow then shop after work. Food should be fresher then anyway.

Start my running again tomorrow and hope to be able to keep it up this time :-/

Have a good night xx

Mmm pulled pork! The joints are quite expensive aren't they but I'm dying to try it :D let us know what you think! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Emma, thanks, good to see you too. Glad you are still going strong!

Today is looking like a good day - mushrooms and scrambled eggs for brekkie, remains of the pulled pork (amazing by the way, try it!) in a wholemeal roll with salad for lunch (hexb) and dinner is a quorn stir fry with homemade sauce (1 syn for the sesame oil) and fruit throughout the day to snack.

Will squeeze a run in this evening as it is weigh in tomorrow!

Have a good day everyone, lets get another 100% day under our rapidly shrinking belts!

Bonnie x

Mmm pulled pork! The joints are quite expensive aren't they but I'm dying to try it :D let us know what you think! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Joanne, yes, they aren't cheap and I only eat free range organic meat (no horseburgers for me thanks!) but it was in my meatbox from Riverford this week. Although it was about £8, we got two meals last night out of it, sandwiches for two for lunch today and hopefully will have enough left for another lunch or to beef (or rather pork!) up the stir fry tonight (since it is free on SW), so it works out about £2 per meal, which isn't too bad.

The recipe is really good though, I thoroughy recommend it and it is one you can bung in the oven and forget about for 3 hours, so not too much work.

Good evening. Sounds like you had a good weekend and managed to stay on plan.

That's def some body magic u bein doing, can't do any harm. Jst make sure drink lots water.

Back on it today, no shopping done, so fridge raiding for work tomorrow then shop after work. Food should be fresher then anyway.

Start my running again tomorrow and hope to be able to keep it up this time :-/

Have a good night xx

Go Ally, go Ally - a good shop is definitely the way to stay on track, I have realised since going back to SW that the key to loosing weight is being organised, it is so easy to eat something bad if you don't have enough free food at hand. Have a good day and good luck with the running!

Go Ally, go Ally - a good shop is definitely the way to stay on track, I have realised since going back to SW that the key to loosing weight is being organised, it is so easy to eat something bad if you don't have enough free food at hand. Have a good day and good luck with the running!

Preparation is key. I love the fact I can pretty much still stuff my face and lose weight. Mind you I am on a will power high at the moment...hoping this continues.

Sitting here eating my lunch and having a look at the Daily Mail website (I only read the showbiz section, honest!) and inspired by these pictures of Denise Van Outen:

Denise Van Outen sizzles in zebra-print string bikini as she holidays alone | Mail Online

My negative side (or was it my mother?) always thought that I would never be able to look like that because I was 'big built' - and even if I lost several stone, my body shape would never look nice in a bikini. What rubbish! my boobs might not be as big and I might not be as tall, but at the right weight - anyone could look nice in a bikini. I also used to tell myself that at my age (31) I am past the 21 year-ole-american-skinnimalink physique no matter how hard I try - but look at Denise, at 38, looking fab in a bikini. She isn't anorexia-stick-thin either, just a sensible weight.

Also got to say, I am loving this diet so far - pre SW my lunches would be toast with peanut butter from the kitchen at work (bread and spreads are supplied, as is fruit) or a cheese toastie. Much nicer to have a pork roll with some pretty salad - once you have done the organising, the rest is easy - in fact it is a pleasure.

Preparation is key. I love the fact I can pretty much still stuff my face and lose weight. Mind you I am on a will power high at the moment...hoping this continues.

I think I feel another slogan coming on ... 'hoping is BS!' ;)

I think I feel another slogan coming on ... 'hoping is BS!' ;)

Very true. Keep them coming !

Denise gets on my knockers but she does look good in a bikini I will give you that. I am heading for a more voluptuous version of that though it has to be said! Think Beyonce when she was still in Destiny's child. Better get on it then really!

Back