Trying is BS - Bonnie's Diary to Target

Hehe, I am no massive Denise fan either, but credit where it's due.

Weigh day today! Really looking forward to it, I feel like I deserve two pounds off this week and there is nothing that beats the feeling you get when the scales drop by a couple (well, maybe there is, but it is a great rush).

Today is:

breakfast: 35g cereal (hexb) ff nat yog and blueberries - lovely

lunch: tuna and sweetcorn with blob of l.f mayo (2syns), mahoosive jacket potato and large salad

dinner: SW carbonara with green veg of some sort - probably broccoli and peas

snacks: fruit from the office fruit bowl and copious amounts of diet coke.

Have a good day all, lets get another 100%er out the way! x

Fingers crossed for you for weigh in. x

Hehe, I am no massive Denise fan either, but credit where it's due.

Weigh day today! Really looking forward to it, I feel like I deserve two pounds off this week and there is nothing that beats the feeling you get when the scales drop by a couple (well, maybe there is, but it is a great rush).

Today is:

breakfast: 35g cereal (hexb) ff nat yog and blueberries - lovely

lunch: tuna and sweetcorn with blob of l.f mayo (2syns), mahoosive jacket potato and large salad

dinner: SW carbonara with green veg of some sort - probably broccoli and peas

snacks: fruit from the office fruit bowl and copious amounts of diet coke.

Have a good day all, lets get another 100%er out the way! x

Hi Bonnie

Food looking good for today. How much is copious amounts of diet coke? When I went to class we had a large man join and he was only losing a pound or so a week and could not figure out the problem, turned out he drank a bottle or more diet coke a day and this was causing to him to keep his weight. He weaned himself off and started losing a lot more per week. Apart from that there are not so good chemicals in diet coke and some say drinking normal would be better for you (health-wise not diet!!). Maybe cut back on the fizzy stuff and drink diluting juice?

x

Hi Bonnie

Food looking good for today. How much is copious amounts of diet coke? When I went to class we had a large man join and he was only losing a pound or so a week and could not figure out the problem, turned out he drank a bottle or more diet coke a day and this was causing to him to keep his weight. He weaned himself off and started losing a lot more per week. Apart from that there are not so good chemicals in diet coke and some say drinking normal would be better for you (health-wise not diet!!). Maybe cut back on the fizzy stuff and drink diluting juice?

x

Hi Ali - god, tell me about it. I am a converted 6-cans a day girl when I was in my teens and early twenties. I read the books about aspartame and phenelylaine (doubt that is spent right) and went right off it for ages. Now I have on average one can a day three days a week - so 2 cans today is copious to me. I agree it does nasty things to the insulin production mechanisms in the body, which ultimately helps it to cling on to fat - but I have to weigh this up against the fact that a can of diet coke does supress my appetite and relieves boredom - so I am unlikely to eat something unhealthy!

I do drink about four or five glasses of water a day too - but I agree, Diet Coke not something to be guzzled recklessly!

x

Well, weighed in last night, and lost 1lb.

I was disapppointed at first - everyone knows, your first week is usually the best. I stuck to the plan 100%, even with two meals out.

BUT I am not going to be disheartened. I am getting lighter - FACT. I know that it is simple mathematics - less in and more out = weight loss. I am not going to feel sorry for myself, I am going to do the only thing you can - do more exercise this week, be more careful with measuring portions and drink plenty of water. I do think that perhaps I pushed the 'free food' thing a bit too much this week - my carbohydrate portions were massive in retrospect, so going to be reasonable with my portion sizes this time, as I have less to loose than previously.

So a little 'yay' this week and I am going for at least 2lbs next week. Todays food diary goes:

breakfast: 1 apple grated into 35g cereal (hexb) with ff nat yog
lunch: 2 boiled eggs, 1 blob lf mayo(2 syns) and large salad
dinner: sw chips, fried egg, mushy peas and a couple of tomatoes (for the superfree)
Snack: fruit, hifi bakewell tart bar if I get the urge (6syns) Milk (hex a)

Could have planned today a bit better - it involves a lot of eggs, so may end up eggbound!

Have a great day everyone,

Bonnie x

YAY! on the loss. I know what you mean about pushing the free food! I have started to portion up dinner in smaller portions with the knowledge that I can go back for seconds if I am still hungry. Most of the time I don't but if I had put the food on plate in a "Wahay it's free!" kind of way I would have eaten it out of greed rather than hunger. That is the thing I am really trying to do this time so I can lose the weight and never have to "diet" again is learn how to eat only when I am hungry, not bored, not sad, just hungry. It is more of a challenge than one might think!

And sitting in the car waiting for Boyf to finish football, I have just deleted the Dominos app from my phone. Get me!

Not so organised with Lunch today, had planned a SW quiche but what with all the eggs I ate yesterday, I daren't have more today! Also have overdone the salad this week, will try and make butternut squash soup tonight for a change tommorrow. So it goes:

breakfast: nectarine, ff nat yog, 35g dorset cereal (hexb)

lunch: tuna, sweetcorn, blob light mayo (2 syns) large salad

dinner: chicken thigh baked with some mexican spices, strips of grilled courgette, pepper and mushroom, flour tortillas (x2 - 12 syns) homemade tomato salsa (free) and greek yog (instead of sour cream)

snacks are just fruit today

Have a good day everyone!

Hmm love butternut squash. I have got on sitting on my kitchen table that needs eating so I may join you in making soup tonight.

Have a good day. You are definitely right to mix it up, so easy to get into a food rut.

I am afraid I am here to confess - got home and scoffed one of those horrible HiFi bars last night (6 syns), taking me up to about 20 syns for the day. Did a one hour walk (up some fairly tough hills) though to 'buy back' the calories - I know it's bad but I have been tracking calories as well as SW after last weeks mini-loss, just to make sure I am not going over the top with portions. So all in all, ended up eating less than 1200 cals.

Boyf is away this weekend, so hopefully can recoup some syns, am planning on sticking to free food.

Had two crumpets for breakfast as a friday breakfast treat too - will syn them.
lunch: chicken thigh and braised red cabbage (all free)
dinner: chinese or thai takeaway - either way going for a least oily prawn stirfry and plain boiled rice/noodles.

snacks: fruit
hex a - milk in tea
hex b - not sure yet.

Will be running this evening, even if the rain is horrendous as it is now!

Have a good day everyone

Bonnie

Oh I wouldn't even feel bad about the hi fi bar! It is practically health food! Hehe. The walking would have cancelled it out for sure. Did you find last time you did slimming world that if you didn't eat your syns you lost more or less weight? I was at group last night and a lady who had eaten no syns at all had put on a pound. I was really interested to hear it is essential to eat chocolate to lose weight! Haha!

Haha, interesting theory!

Can't say I have noticed it on SW, the number of calories involved are so small - a syn is approximately 20 calories - so 10 syns = 200 calories a day = 1400 a week - can't imagine that a deficit of 1400 would make your metabolism grind to a halt would it? Having said that, at times when I have done loads of activity in a week, like climbing snowdon, or doing a half marathon, I haven't lost shed loads like I expected, despite sticking to the plan. So who knows?

Hey how was your weekend? I managed to stay on plan (if you don't count the Yorkshire pudding stuffed with roast beef I ate at the pub....the best idea for a bar snack EVER!) and am definitely going to British Military fitness tonight. NO EXCUSES! X

Hi Bonnie, just subscribing to your diary - I love your slogan - "Trying is BS" - I need some of that attitude in my life!!!

Let's do it!
Pinky x

Back