Trying new recipes...

Squ1rrel

So am using this totally new change of diet to try out lots of new recipes - I'd kind of got a bit stuck in a rut with eating the same food all the time so looking forward to learning some new things!

This weekend I made a really tasty Lime & Coconut Chicken recipe which I found on Pinterest - thats definitely on the list to make again! Yum! :eat:
Tonight I made a chicken and lentil curry - it was quite nice - I've got some left for lunch and I've got a feeling its going to be one of those dishes that actually taste better the day after once all the flavours so I'll reserve official judgement until then!!

I wanted to try and find a chocolate recipe that was Low GI so I did a bit of googling yesterday and found a recipe to make chocolate brownies using Kidney beans!! I have used chick peas to make cakes before so I wasnt repulsed by the idea!! The mix looked lovely and smelt divine with the cocoa that I added but when it was all cooked it didnt really taste that pleasant. I flavoured it with Maple Syrup but it wasnt quite sweet enough (although maybe thats the point) and I found it was a bit dry - I guess these type of recipes will be trial and error until I find something that I enjoy but I'm enjoying the cooking experience nevertheless!! :turkey:

Back