Trying not to give up already!

hennyhamster

Silver Member
Stuck to plan 100%. Had the 1/3rd with every meal as per rules and kept within my syns. I lost 2 lb the first week and 1 this week. Used to have much larger losses last time I did the plan, feeling very disheartened :(
Mum and sis had fish and chips in front of me and I didn't touch a morsel. I went in an old fashioned sweetshop and just bought a few flying saucers, 1 syn for 4, that is willpower!
The only difference from last time is that I have just stopped having the Depo provera shot and am on different anti-depressants. Could this be slowing my losses down?
Really feel like giving up today :(
I would feel greatful for any advice. Thankyou x

3lbs in two weeks is really quite good when you think about it. The odd down day here and there doing SW is inevitable, I had a meltdown earlier this week and I think everyone on a weighloss journey feels the same. Don't give up, you're making amazing progress already and try to look at the bigger picture and longterm view rather than week to week. Stick with it xx

Well done for sticking to plan through all that temptation. not sure I can help you lose it any quicker but what I will say is think about how you felt before you joined - You joined for a reason and it is that goal you need to focus on. It was never going to happen overnight ( ALthough I still secretly dream and wish I will wake up a size 12 :) ) and all I can really say is stick with it. Think about how amazing you will feel when you hit your first half stone and all the the clothes and pictures you will love looking at when you are at target.

If you want to post a wee food diary I am sure we can look over and see if there is anything obvious but it might just be that your bosy is taking its time to get used to the plan and this new found way of eating.

Much love and luck

Lisa xx

Hey x Doctors do say that a change in weight can occur when you change your contraception. Also I found the 1st & 2nd time I did SW I lost more sooner but maybe its because you have started training your body to eat healthier that its now immune if that makes sense. I know before I started SW the other two times I was eating crap prior so I lost more but as I got more into it I lost on average 1-2lbs a week which is a safe weight loss docs say anyway :D

Hey a loss is a loss Hun you're doing well! Better slow and steady anyway. I'm like that a pound one week pound and a half the next. Don't b disheartened just stick with it ! Xx

Also think of the benefits other than weight loss! I suffer from depression and have found eating healthy and exercising has really helped lift my mood. I feel in control and the endorphins from exercise also make me feel better. Did u start purely to lose weight or to be healthy too? For me it's nice to be be fitter, have more energy and not be out of breath running for the bus!lol. Also...congrats on losing 3lbs! Don't be so hard on yourself. If from now until the start of July you lost 'just one pound a week' that would be a stone and a half! Think how much better u will feel and enjoy shopping for summer dresses. Good luck :) x

I know Its hard when your expecting more of a loss but remember just 1lb a week is almost 4 Stone! Which would be incredibile.

Thankyou for the replies, I can't post a food diary because my consultant has it at the mo. Can you believe I nearly gave in an hour ago and had a binge? :eek: Then I read your replies and pulled myself together, thankyou x Managed to stop at 10 syns, phew! I've found that my energy levels have increased and my sleeping patterns are much better. Perhaps I should have a go at original days instead of green and EE.

Hey Helen love, I can't comment much as only been doing sw couple days joining properly next week as bought bella mag! Hehe! All I know is that since I first popped over to here you offered me help and support and kind words, when others didn't.
Any loss is better than a gain! Losing weight isn't an easy job, but can be made easier with support. Don't give up honey, believe in yourself and what your doing! Tell yourself failure isn't an option if I want my dream.

Keep ya chin up. You got my number, always about should you need a chat! Hugs xxxx

Hey. Just wanted to say chin up and keep up your slimming world plan.. Depo provera is the devil as far as I'm concerned, I used to be lovely and slim to I was given that and I just ballooned few years and 1.5 pregnancies later I'm still struggling to get weight off!! SW was totally working albeit slowly (0.5-1lb a week) and I'd lost 2 stone then I fell pregnant again am trying to keep to it as much as possible :) good luck love x

Im on depo and it hasnt effected my weightloss ive been on depo a few yrs and on sw a yr and lost nr 2.5st i do have a Big appetite though but eat extra fruit n veg to compensate for my portions Being big

the best thing about sites like these is the constant support network.

these people will not judge you, tell you off, or put your down. YOU are as important as EVERYONE else here and deserve as much support as you need.

be that with your sw stuff, or with anything else.

well done on sticking to plan and not having a binge, feel proud. we are proud of you.

xxxxx

Im on depo and it hasnt effected my weightloss ive been on depo a few yrs and on sw a yr and lost nr 2.5st i do have a Big appetite though but eat extra fruit n veg to compensate for my portions Being big

My aunt didn't gain an oz on it either but I just put on crazy amounts of weight it was combination of thyroid and depo :(

Thankyou for the support everyone, managed to stay on track. Think I just have to accept that it's going to be a slow journey but it will be worth it in the end.

My aunt didn't gain an oz on it either but I just put on crazy amounts of weight it was combination of thyroid and depo :(

Its all about finding the right contraception for you i think ..... So many diff kinds for a reason everyones bodies respond differently xxx

Still struggling. Feel like I have gained this week, jeans are tighter despite being 100%. I have weigh in tomorrow. If the scales say that I have gained then I really need to sit down and decide whether to continue because the point of joining slimming world was to help me feel better about myself and right now it's making me more depressed than ever :(

If you have stuck to plan Hun I think you will surprise yourself at WI. I sometimes feel rubbish and still lose but you have to remember what you said a few days ago about feeling better with energy . Don't go back And stick with it .... This is about the scales but also your health and energy levels ..... We are all here to support you xxxxx

Oh my gosh, I lost 1 1/2, so pleased! That's 4 1/2 in three weeks, don't feel so bad now! Consultant had a chat with me and said I really have to stop being so hard on myself. Thankyou to everyone for your support, definitely not giving up now :)

when i first started sw i was always bloated as my body was not used to so much fresh produce ...... quorn other than being totally bleugh really bloats me so thats something to keep an eye on if your a quorn eater

i have lost almost 2.5 st but it wasnt a quick process ive been on sw a year but im not really bothered how long it takes me i am just happy im making better choices with my food and excercising more even if the weightloss is slow the healthy lifestyle that sw brings is the most important thing xxxx keep going your doing fab

Back