Trying the 5/2 fasting diet

Kattty

Has anyone here tried this have been on xenical for over a month now and am not sure if its for me it seems you need to map out your entire weeks worth of meals on these tabs to avoid accidents recently me and my fella spent the night in a caravan with his son and wife were we enjoyed a barbecue that night and then some fish from the chippy the next day had I been taking these tabs I couldn't have done that and would have felt that I couldn't join in or else being a pain expecting people to prepare me something else so am beginning to think this tab is not practical and it also crossed my mind that looking on the forum here so many people end up on these tabs over and over again I think ultimately you just need to eat healthy otherwise the tab is just a temporary crutch not a solution am going to try the fasting as looking on there page people are having a lot of success and no food is banned which realistically fits in with real life as you can't always plan everything

I think that if you feel that the tablets that are limiting your choices then maybe you're right and they aren't for you. Wishing you luck in your weightloss journey from here. :- ).... if you find a successful weight loss programme where you can eat chip shop bits and aren't restricted and still lose weight, then please do share. ...it sounds wonderful!! Lol. :) take care. Xx

I've been doing the fasting diet and yes it works, but you have to be able to control your self the next day and not binge eat! Which I found hard .. For me a 500 kcal day is followed by a 2300 day.

If you are able to control your eating the following days and eat healthy with out too many processed treat foods - it works - but if you eat too much you will gain.

I can see that kcal counting and 5:2 does work, I don't see any issue with taking the xenical. As long as you follow the rules about fat - less than 5g per 100g.

If your in a situation that includes takeaways - either deal with the consequences or make better choices. Being prepared goes a long way - if your going away take a ready meal or 2 with you.

Planning your weeks food take time, but can be worth it, or just prepare your normal foods cooking them differently - of course check your normal foods - as this is perhaps what's helped you gain weight? Maybe they are high in fats, sugars etc

Of course following the 1/3 rule helps - 1/3 salad & veg, 1/3 good carbs - sweet potatoes, whole meal, beans, pulses legumes.. 1/3 meat or similar

If you want to lose weight fish and chips isn't going to work on any diet!! i'm sure if people know you are trying to lose weight they will be supportive and wouldn't expect you to have takeaway so wouldn't mind making you a salad or something a little healthier, It all comes down to how much you want to lose your weight! As for the 5/2 my mother in law has been doing the total solution and is now going on to do the 5/2 so i will keep you informed as to how she finds it!

Ta pudders will keep you updated and mis behave I think the fasting diet is designed so if you have a blip it doesn't matter some people on the page I joined are eating takeaways and pizza and still losing the weight also there are some things you can't plan for my fella and me have been out and he had said let's go get a meal at the pub etc also what happens if you plan a weeks worth of food and then on the day you don't fancy it plus why should you inconvience other people asking them to make special meals just for you but good luck to anyone on these pills but what happens when you stop

Ta xemma let me know plus I only had fish was in Windermere at the time people are supportive but why should I make them eat salad etc when I'm the one that's trying to lose weight ultimately I don't think this tab fits in with real life how you can map out your entire food diary for the next 6 months etc it seems unrealistic plus why do some many people gain weight once they stop taking this tab you need to learn about healthy eating and moderation just my opinion

Yes, it's learning about the choices you make - keeping the weight off is about staying with the way of eating - following the same rules - you can't go back to what you were doing before, as that what made you gain weight!

I didn't plan my meals I adapted them to what suited me, I still had to cook for 2 kids, and OH - I just changed the way I cooked - they didn't notice too much. Salad I used low fat dressing etc OH had his normal oil etc

When you out in a pub lunch - choose baked potato with no butter etc, grilled meat, salad dressing on the side.

Foods like chips - ask if oven baked or fried - most oven baked chips are within the rules

Deep fried foods are not good for us, even if they taste good :)

There are always choices to make - its how you decide to change your way of eating? Changing is hard work - not all ways of eating suit everyone.. It how you think about your life and is it worth choosing the hard road over the easy one !? Easy to say overweight, or do you want to be healthier and slimmer - that is what takes loads of time and effort! Once your reached your goal it's even harder to stay there! You can't go back to your old habits - otherwise your gain back all you lost!

I'm actually still having treats... such as steak and chips, gammon and egg, roast dinners, sweet and sour chicken etc....however.... I now cook them differently (within the rules) which are the lessons that I'll be taking forward with me. I've been out to an italian and still been able to eat to plan, to a friends party and still eaten to plan... I genuinely feel that it's a massive learning curve and the xen is a tool to help us learn these new ways of cooking/choosing etc... I don't have anything in my cupboards which has more than 5% fat in anymore, so I don't have to plan too far ahead anyway. We'll eat what's there! Another example is I went to starbucks and bought a caramel latte....now normally these are laden with fat and calories. ... I tried the skinny version with the sugar free syrup...within the rules! Boom! Lol..tastes exactly the same! I'll be making that choice in the future! Things like that I would never have discovered without being on this journey. If anyone takes anything from the tabs..its that you're only restricted if you allow yourself to be... there are plenty of other yummy options and if you want to lose the weight badly enough, you look into those options and enjoy the discovery. They're not for everyone, however they are for me when nothing else has worked and I will continue feeling positive that they're working for me and the family are also enjoying the meals too which can only be a good thing! :)

Hi pudders here is an update done 5/2 for 1 week and lost 5lb I can't believe it I don't need to buy special foods or worry about any toilet issues so up to now I feel really happy and good about this and I hope the xenical is still working out for you

good luck to anyone on these pills but what happens when you stop

I went from 19.1 stone to 15.11 stone on the pills in under 3 months - There was then a shortage in supply so I carried on eating healthy and dropped to under 14st - The great thing about these tabs is that they change people's mindset about fat content etc so when you stop taking them you have a better understanding and can maintain the weight loss.

And people do go back to the tablets but that's no different to people returning to Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Atkins etc,

Back