Trying to bring some normality back to my diet!

Katerpillar

Losin the baby weight :-)
I have just posted this in Calorie Counting but should probably have been in here instead!

Hi guys,

I have a query that I am hoping someone may be able to help me with.

At the beginning of the year I weighed 12 stone 1lbs, I started following Slimming World and I was slowly losing weight each week (maybe 1 - 2lbs a week). As my 30th birthday drew closer I started to panic about the party I was throwing and the little black dress that I so desperatley wanted to look good in. So, basically, to cut along story short I just slashed my food intake dramatically! Sme days I would be living on a banana, a small salad and a piece of chicken! Bad, bad, really bad I know! :eek:.......but I was just so desperate to lose as much as I could as quick as I could that I took the VERY short term and very stupid option! When I weighed myself this morning I was 10stone 7lbs! This is the lightest I have been for a long, long time! Now, it felt good to think I looked the best I had looked for while at my party BUT I am starting to get a little worried now as I need some normality back in my life but I am terriefied that as soon as I start to eat normally again that I am going to pile the weight - plus more - back on! After reading some of the threads in this section of the forum I am guessing that my body is in starvation mode right now and that as soon as I start to eat more calories I am going to gain weight.

My goal weight is 10 stone so I definitely don’t want to be gaining any weight but I'm not sure how to go about trying to 'normalise' my diet without this happening. Does anyone have ANY advice on how I might go about this??

Today I have eaten weetabix for breakfast and I had a salad with tinned mackerel for my dinner and I feel sooooooo guilty for eating that much!! I know that that is compleltely ridiculous - I know it is - but my mind is in a very strange place right now! I have been so used to eating barely anything and avoiding all food situations that it sort of feels like my enemy at the minute!

Sorry for rambling ANY advice really appreciated! Thanks xx

PS I know I have messed up here - please go easy!! :wave_cry:

Just try anything to boost your metabolism so excersice - especially to increase muscle %. Also try having 6 small meals a day.

I wouldn't worry to much as if you eat sensibly you won't pile the weigh on overnight - it is true that starvation mode lowers the metabolism but it dosn't have as large an impact as people think :)

Thanks xEeyore! :D :D

Feeling much less stressed about it all today! :D Think I'll go back to Slimming World as I know that is what works for me and there is such great support opn here!

Thanks again :D

At the risk of sounding dramatic have you thought about talking to someone like your gp about how you feel? Im quite concerned by what you say about recognising youve not been doing the right thing but still feeling quilty when you do eat more. I have been in a similar position to yourself of doing drastic things to lose weight quickly. In the end i couldnt maintain it binged and am now back where i started. I wish id just stuck with the slow and steady route. If you think it will help go back to sw but do explain to your leader how you feel about your diet so they are able to support you in eating in a more sensible way.

I lost a lot of weight very quickly doing low cal low carb. Im now at the lightest weight ive ever been my entire adult life, but I have the same problem as you. Any sensible amount of food just piles on lbs. Ive been dealing with it by very gradually increasing the amount I eat and the amount of carbs specifically, but very slowly. I now eat a hot cross bun every day for breakfast lol (along with a boiled egg, odd combo i know), but am doing it to get my body used to carbs again. Going on holidays soon and my biggest fear is how much I could gain while im away. So im working on it now, to get my body used to eating food again without gaining weight.

You just have to take it slowly, and also, very important to accept that your body will naturally gain 2 or 3lbs as it replaces lost glycogen, so if you want to maintain 10.7 you have to get to 10.4 to give yourself that leeway.

Back