Trying to decide if LL is for me?

mandie35

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if anybody can give me any advice on the LL total. I went in for the meeting last week and am hoping to start on 2nd May.

I was talking to a family member about it and the general response i am getting is that i will almost certainly put all the wight back on as soon as i stop th total.

I have researched it and i know that as with any diet if you go back to eating all the wrong foods the weight will go back on but was wondering if anyone can advise me on if this diet is safe to do and how it has affected you.

I am so desperate to lose 3.5 stone and feel like i have to give it a go but am finding so many people sceptical about it and they are saying ohhh they have just sold it to you its all about making money or you would get it on the NHS !!

Can anybody help me with this i would appreciate any help.

Mandie

Well as you said, with any diet if you go back to old ways, you will put the weight back on. The difference with LighterLife is the counselling and the management aspects, which help give you the tools to manage your weight once you lose it. But like most things in life, what you do with your success is entirely down to you, and the work isn't over when you lose the weight. Personally I think I'm going to find managing my weight much much harder than losing it.

Sorry, that's probably not a great answer but I do think it's true. Life is what you make of it. LighterLife will get you to the weight you want to be but ultimately you have to be responsible for maintaining it. It's about changing your lifestyle, not just about eating less calories for a few months.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

I lost 50lbs on LL last year.

I regained 12lbs at the beginning of this year so came back to lose my gain. I'm now aiming a little lower than before for various reasons. (you may call that a success story or a failure, depending on your viewpoint) I consider myself a maintainer I reached the upper limit of my comfortable weight range & wanted to address my gain before it became a stone.

The group sessions teach you useful skills which if you apply them can help you lose, maintain and stay a healthy weight for you.

Einstein's definition of madness is to do the same thing expecting a different outcome. So yes if we go back to our old eating habits that made us gain weight the first time, then we will do the same all over again.

Do attend an information session, and read some of the postings & diaries on here. Most of us speak from the heart about our ups & downs with life & the diet.

Hope that helps. Good luck x

Hello Mandie
I think you will find that most people who are sceptical about LL
are the ones who know little or nothing about it!
I have even spoken to some qualified medical people who've said the don't "believe" in vlcds!
Whether you can maintain your weightloss will be entirely up to you. LL has been a miracle for me, but it all depends on how you get your head around losing weight.
Basically if you always do what you always did - you'll always get what you always got.
The difference with LL is that you lose weight quickly, yes. You also reintroduce food/eating in a controlled way over 12weeks, with support. Not eating at all is relatively easy, keeping the weight off afterwards is definitely more of a challenge.
If you engage with the cognitive behavioural therapy, understanding your reasons for being overweight in the first place, you will have a better likelihood of maintaining your new slim figure.
I've stayed slim forover 2 years now. It has been great for me.
Good luck if you decide to do LL.

Thanks so much to all of you for your replies.

I have decided i am going to give it 100% when i start next tuesday. I guess its common sense that keeping it off is down to myself.

Some people just seem to put a downer on things that maybe like you say they just dont understand properly. I feel like my head is definitely in the right place to give it my all and i look forward to probably spending most of my time on here because the support seems brilliant.

Many thank again and look forward to being able to post on here for support.

Mandie xxxxx

Hiya

I am looking into starting again. Might be able to start on saturday if I can get my medical form completed. My GP won't do it although they did it last time for a charge they have stopped now!!!

I only did about 4 weeks last time and wish I had stuck with it.

I forgot to ask my LLC the cost is it still £70 per week???

Hiya

I am looking into starting again. Might be able to start on saturday if I can get my medical form completed. My GP won't do it although they did it last time for a charge they have stopped now!!!

I only did about 4 weeks last time and wish I had stuck with it.

I forgot to ask my LLC the cost is it still £70 per week???

If your GP won't sign it then Superdrug will do it for a fee of about £10. I think the LLCs usually have a list of doctors that would sign it privately for you too.

THe cost is £72 a week.

Best of luck x

Thanks so much to all of you for your replies.

I have decided i am going to give it 100% when i start next tuesday. I guess its common sense that keeping it off is down to myself.

Some people just seem to put a downer on things that maybe like you say they just dont understand properly. I feel like my head is definitely in the right place to give it my all and i look forward to probably spending most of my time on here because the support seems brilliant.

Many thank again and look forward to being able to post on here for support.

Mandie xxxxx

A great decision Mandie! Doing LL is one of the best decisions I have made. I have only been doing it for 9 weeks but it has improved my life! I know that may sound a bit drastic but it's the truth. Best of luck and I look forward to reading more posts from you. This forum is a great place for support.

x

My gp refused to sign the form or blood pressure checks and suggested I see the dietician , as its the only way to get thin and stay thin!
Referred by LLC to private dr, cost £60 for medical and local pharmacy for blood pressure checks free of charge, its worth it!!!

Good luck for when you start.

This is the best diet I have ever dine the weight comes off so easily if you stay 100% abstinent.

It has changed my attitude to food, helped identify my eating behaviour and the counselling is a godsend as it over spills into everyday life!

The support on here is amazing, such a terrific group of people who can offer advice and support wherever possible!

Good luck and I look forward to reading how well you do lovely xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya

LLC has put me in touch with the closest superdrug that they use. It's in Sunderland about 40 minles from me and they are charging £40 to complete the form.

At least it's getting done. Can't understand the GP, they have done it for me before a few years ago!! And I have no medical conditions to even go on the form!!

Anyway at least it's getting done so I can start Saturday x x

Your GP is ignorant of the science it appears.

1. The NHS *does* recommend VLCDs
2. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that more conventional diets had better long term success, there just isn't. In fact, some research suggests that VLCDs (when used with exercise and therapy) have better results.
3. VLCDs are very safe. They have bad press because of Liquid Protein Diets from the 70's, but those are gone and VLCDs improve health outcomes while the weight. Children with epilepsy live indefinitely on ketogenic diets. (Although obviously in their case they have to take in the fat in their diet)

My GP has completely re-evaluated his opinion of VLCDs since I did LL. He recommends it to other people now before considering bariatric surgery - no brainer !
Good luck Size 16 and Mandie.

LL is the best weight loss program ever.

Simples.

;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back