trying to get kids to healthy

natayou

a bit different everyday
well my daughter has a trip at school today, so i thought hmmmm perfect opportunity to make her something healthy and different,
so i got out a little tupperware box and made her a cucumber feta and green olive salad [all of which she does like]
and then gave her 2 mini wholemeal pittas just buttered
a banana some plain hula hoops and a volvic strawberry water, was feeling dead chuffed with self about time effort/thought that had gone into said lunch
she came down this morning took one look at it raised 1 eyebrow and said 'where is my dairylea lunchable'
and then 'can I have a penguin'
little monster

She'll thank you one day. My kids are all great water drinkers .... and I wish my mum had encouraged me to drink water when I was young.
I'm sure she'll enjoy it - and all her friends will be envious - especially with the pitta bread ... mmmmm!

That did make me smile. She will get used to it though I'm sure and yes, she will thank you for it later on.

I am sneaking lots of different food into my boys diets......though they turn their noses up at it but I tell them they have to try it at least.
I have already warned them that when I come off the diet they will be eating the same as me.....lol

well she came home with a completely empty lunch box, so either she ate it all or chucked the lot and spent her spends on a bag of chips
hope its the former x

Back